• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

zulux21

I guess no one wants to fight my gyms. No coins for me today! lol *sigh*

Yeah, this gym system is going to need a lot of tweaking. The foundation is there, but it's definitely got issues.

Also, who the fuck's been healing my Blissey for 3 days? lol

if you are near me... I was :p

there is a small chance of getting chansy candy from feeding your blissey. of course I will heal it :p

GulAtiCa

I spoke too soon apparently. Lol. My Blissey just got returned with enough coins to get me the limit for the day. Just in time as I was battling a gym actually. Put the Blissey now in this gym

zulux21

wait what

That's a thing? You can get candy from feeding Pokémon berries? How did I miss that?

Arizona? :p

it's what I have been hearing.
that when you feed the pokemon there is a small chance you will get a candy from the pokemon that you fed.

I have yet to be able to personally confirm this though lol.

robochimp

I guess no one wants to fight my gyms. No coins for me today! lol *sigh*

Yeah, this gym system is going to need a lot of tweaking. The foundation is there, but it's definitely got issues.

Also, who the fuck's been healing my Blissey for 3 days? lol

People still think they need to take every gym and hold it forever. That's why I like to punish the people hanging out in all 6 of my closest park's gyms. You don't need every damn gym team mystic!

Yeah mystic are the dudebros of pokemon go.

It's so true. Someone set up a cross team telegram chat for our area today and it's mostly Mystic guys. Tone is way different than my Valor team chat. One guy started arguing with people for chatting too much and not posting enough raids.

Joni

Did my first raid today, level 3 flareon with only one other player who was a lot lower level. We got quite far but we ran out of time.

Cess007

First co-op Raid today. I was battling solo against a lvl 3 Gengar (and getting wrecked by it), and with 10 mins left, a car park nears me and there's another yellow fella. We beat him an finally got Gengar.

Wanted to thank the guy, but he was gone already lol

GulAtiCa

Lv 4 require at least 4 to 5 people. Snorlax for me took 5 people. Tyranitar took 7 min. Charizard lv 4 raid was impossible with 4.

I imagine lv 5 raids will require a lot. Lol

border

I did a Tyranitar raid today -- little bastard got away from all my pokeballs, though. I did get 2 Fast TMs though. Thanks to that I finally have a Machamp with Counter/Dynamic Punch....can't wait to go pound some Snorlaxes.

border

I came across the Tyranitar raid with 55 minutes left on the clock, and missed an intial group of 10-12 that had already started.

I got stuck in a small group of leftovers that missed the chance to get into the first raid. We would not have had enough people if not for the spoofers, actually. Only 5 people present. 9 were in the raid group.

I drove past another Tyranitar raid on the way home and nobody was there with 36 minutes left on the clock. It seems like if you don't get in shortly after the raid appears, you are going to be shit out of luck some of the time.

Soloed a tier 1 raid against a 5200CP Croconaw.........2800CP Gyarados soloed it so that was pretty easy....

Saw 2 ppl on a car but I didn't seem to group up with them?

GulAtiCa

Soloed a tier 1 raid against a 5200CP Croconaw.........2800CP Gyarados soloed it so that was pretty easy....

Saw 2 ppl on a car but I didn't seem to group up with them?
Tier 1 and 2 can easily be done solo. Tier 4 nope. Lol

Maybe they were playing in private group or not playing.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Experienced my first 4 level raid today and it was terrible

First I arrived right when it started which turn out to be a Snorlax. No one was there so I decided to just wait. Ten minutes later a car pulls up its a mother with 2 kids. She asks me if I think we can take it on, obviously we couldnt but I said yes just so I can see the type of difficulty. After 4 tries she leaves to hit some pokestops since she ran out of revives. Right when she leaves it starts raining on me so I run back to my car till it subsides. Minutes later she is back so we try it one more time luckily another car pulls up with 2 more players so now there is 6. Still cant take it down with 3~ minutes left on the clock another car pulls up with 1 more player. There is only shot left so I am praying we can beat it. But luck will have it that Niantics terrible glitches appear and I'm stuck in a loop with my Rhydon dying over and over

1 more round and we would have probably had it~

Lesson learn is its not worth doing 4 level raids unless the place is highly visited

Did a Tyranitar raid.

TWENTY people showed up, and it was literally just on the side of the road outside a suburban neighborhood. So we decimated the SHIT out of it, but...

It ran away from my girlfriend and I. T_T

elguero

So jealous of you guys that have had positive raid experiences. I think I'm only going to attempt level four raids when I'm at my town's pokemon hot spot. Waiting around for an hour praying someone shows up just seems like a huge waste of time.

t26

So jealous of you guys that have had positive raid experiences. I think I'm only going to attempt level four raids when I'm at my town's pokemon hot spot. Waiting around for an hour praying someone shows up just seems like a huge waste of time.

If you are not using discord or Facebook to get more people you are doing this wrong. Did 2 raids today with over 20 people.

If you are not using discord or Facebook to get more people you are doing this wrong. Did 2 raids today with over 20 people.

I don't, still got a 20 person raid lol.

Although, everyone else was in a group chat, so what I'm saying is my girlfriend and I were basically dirty moochers.

T.O.P

Banned

This is me as well, i don't go hunting for lvl4 raids if i'm not sure that some of my friends will show up

Randoms are fine if i know that the gym is in a highly populated area but even then i don't go rushin, especially with this heat, fuck this heat, for reals

@Pretty jelly reading about all those Tyranitar spawns ughhhh, i've had 3 Blastoise and 1 Venosaur so far :(

Little experiences from me. Yesterday my GF and me went to a level 4 raid Lapras 22000 CP. First I always got booted from the raid error error...we found out the clock on my phone was 5 sec to fast/before. So changed it manually and then back to auto. Worked (maybe that helps somebody) Had a similar problem last year when lures didn't work (was the same clock error thing).

Long story short, we two couldn't bring it down. Few players joined and a group of 6 did it.

So I got 200 coins on the first three days. But today I started with 0 Pokemon in gyms. Got 3 gyms on my way to work but it was hard since most gyms are already packed now. But it's good that gyms can be knocked down so easily.
Let's see how many coins those 3 will bring home.

In other news: hatched another Gligar, yay!!!

I find fascinating to see the level of player that has seen raids and gone "I'VE DONE 50 OF THEM!" when they've been mainly made as a 'one a day, maybe more if you treat yourself thing'.

Not to blame the players - I know there's all sorts of stuff with game designs that even if something is optional, if it's there, people want to do it - but the perspective that gives on them as a feature and the dominance of that across certain communities is really interesting. Turns out if you do a month's worth of raids in a weekend, you might feel like the game's running out of steam. I mean they recommend groups of 9 to 20 people for many of them, that's a special activity, not aimed at doing 20 a day. On a good weekend maybe. :p

That aside, had a fun weekend doing a few gyms though, as someone who gave up on them entirely for just not being fun, how they feel a bit less stagnant has helped. Actually started leveling up most of my Pokemon rather than in most cases just trying to collect, so burned through months of built up stardust quite quickly, ha.

Firemind

Experienced my first 4 level raid today and it was terrible

First I arrived right when it started which turn out to be a Snorlax. No one was there so I decided to just wait. Ten minutes later a car pulls up its a mother with 2 kids. She asks me if I think we can take it on, obviously we couldnt but I said yes just so I can see the type of difficulty. After 4 tries she leaves to hit some pokestops since she ran out of revives. Right when she leaves it starts raining on me so I run back to my car till it subsides. Minutes later she is back so we try it one more time luckily another car pulls up with 2 more players so now there is 6. Still cant take it down with 3~ minutes left on the clock another car pulls up with 1 more player. There is only shot left so I am praying we can beat it. But luck will have it that Niantics terrible glitches appear and I'm stuck in a loop with my Rhydon dying over and over

1 more round and we would have probably had it~

Lesson learn is its not worth doing 4 level raids unless the place is highly visited
If you think they're inexperienced and you're not sure it's enough to bring down the raid boss, you can try to advise them which Pokemon to use. Helps a lot whether they use DPS heavy Pokemon or not. Against Snorlax, Solar Beam is really good if you don't have good fighting Pokemon. (I don't have good fighting Pokemon.) I've heard Snorlax is manageable with four and Tyranitar with 7 without Fighting Pokemon. I've personally seen people fail at beating T-Tar with 7 people though so YMMV. XD

Edit: also don't try to dodge so the death loop bug won't trigger. Raids are super buggy on my end too.

Jacknapes

Was travelling to Swansea over the weekend, and ended up helping in a raid around Neath. Luckily we got held up for a few minutes due to an overrunning freight train coming from Carmarthan. Didn't win, but certainly was interesting to see this new feature.

elguero

I would really like to but I don't know anyone that could hook me up with such a thing. My city has a subreddit for POGO but it's pretty dead.

There's a Tyranitar raid that just started nearby but I'm going to be in a meeting for the next hour.

FUUUUUUUUUUU

I mean there are not so many different raid Pokemon. I already saw all raids available right now. I think I could even choose everyday which one I want to do, I just have to wait.
Hope they change the raid Pokemon more regularly.
And I really really hope they change eggs soon -__-

GulAtiCa

Hatched another blissey on my way into work. That makes 5 hatched total. 3 in the last week or so lol. Have enough candy to evolve another. I started off in only 3 gyms this morning, placed myself in a few and now standing at 6.

One of them was an Eevee evolution gym, with a Espeon, Vaporeon & Flareon in it. So I placed my Jolteon in it. Not just need an Umbreon! lol

Hope they change the raid Pokemon more regularly.-

What would they change the tier 4 Raid Pokemon to?

Not sure if anyone is thinking this far out, but for Legendary raids it's going to be all about Golem and Tyranitar.

Golem with Rock Throw & Stone Edge - Double SE against Articuno, Moltres, and Ho-Oh. SE against Zapdos, Entei, and Lugia. That is a fantastic spread for a single pokemon.

Tyranitar, you want Bite and Crunch. Best counter for Mew, Mewtwo, and Lugia. Should be decent against Celebi too if it doesn't get Grass moves. Stone Edge would make a decent backup for Golem and would be very ideal for Lugia.

That leaves Raikou and Suicune. Mudslap/Earthquake Rhydons would be best against Raikou. Suicune is just a super charged vape, we all know what to use.

gutshot

I mean there are not so many different raid Pokemon. I already saw all raids available right now. I think I could even choose everyday which one I want to do, I just have to wait.
Hope they change the raid Pokemon more regularly.
And I really really hope they change eggs soon -__-

Tyranitar is the only raid boss that would be a new Pokedex entry for me, so I was really hoping to get one ASAP. Oh well, hopefully another spawns soon.

What would they change the tier 4 Raid Pokemon to?

They could add Dragonite. And Blissey raids, that would be fun :D
But I'm more thinking about mid-tier raids. They could do Ampharos, Snubbull, Donphan, Aerodactyl, Kabutops and so on and so on. There could be a lot more variety.

gutshot

Some Pokemon they could add to the Raid pool:

Tier 1
Dragonaire
Poliwhirl
Graveler

Tier 2
Jynx
Ursaring

Tier 3
Donphan
Espeon
Umbreon

Tier 4
Ampharos
Blissey

GulAtiCa

Dragonite & Blissey aren't raids already? They should add those.

Yeah, would like to see more variety as well for the mid-tier raids. Give us Dratini & Larivtar for the tier 1 raids too.

Top Bottom