• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Still have a few slots open on my Friend List (Waver/Gilgamesh/Heracles/Marie/Lily Saber).

ID: 703,331,943

Accepting anyone, but if your GAF name differs from what's in-game (or you don't have your name on the Google Doc so I can reference) just make a post here so I know to invite you. :)

I sent one too. If anyone wants to add me, 917,233,577.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
There will be an announcement tomorrow btw. I'm pretty sure it'll be the Part 2 of the Facebook likes. My guess is that will run in tandem wit whatever we have going currently until the end of the month if not the week before followed by Nerofest.

I can finally put Gem Magecraft on ascended Lancelot.

Well, his damage got ridiculous quickly.

Plus I have 3 copies of Gem Magecraft already, so I might just get to boost the CE itself too.

Almost kind of sad to see this daily go for the week. Been reaping a lot of friend points with my Altera every time I log in.

It's funny you mention that, I get a lot of FP on my 70 Altera the other days of the week too. She's a solid DD on all days except Archer day.

Edit: Looks like today is FUHAHAHAHA! day, gotta use those Friends list Gils to kill Saber hands lol

It's funny you mention that, I get a lot of FP on my 70 Altera the other days of the week too. She's a solid DD on all days except Archer day.

Edit: Looks like today is FUHAHAHAHA! day, gotta use those Friends list Gils to kill Saber hands lol

What's your name on there? I've been abusing a lvl 70 Altera, guess it's probably yours lol.

Moonlight

Banned
Level capped Altera to 70. Just wondering now if I should continue farming Saber cards or do the QP quest instead. It'd be nice to have a nest egg once Mordred comes out but I get the impression you're not expected to hang onto XP cards for that long, lol.

She's definitely pretty consistent at farming me points, it's just nice to log in and see a thousand points or so deposited off all the people slaying Lancers with her.

chrono01

Level capped Altera to 70. Just wondering now if I should continue farming Saber cards or do the QP quest instead. It'd be nice to have a nest egg once Mordred comes out but I get the impression you're not expected to hang onto XP cards for that long, lol.
XP will always be useful. Personally, after leveling everyone I could, I filled my Second Archive with nothing but XP cards. It's nice to have a stash to fall back on.

What's your name on there? I've been abusing a lvl 70 Altera, guess it's probably yours lol.

I'm Illyasviel, which would be more funny if I actually had Herc set as my All Support but I get too many FP with my Altera set as All to change it so it is what it is

XP will always be useful. Personally, after leveling everyone I could, I filled my Second Archive with nothing but XP cards. It's nice to have a stash to fall back on.

Speaking of this: I was looking around in the game's UI and trying to figure out where your extra 100 storage is and how you move things to it?

Paprikka

Speaking of this: I was looking around in the game's UI and trying to figure out where your extra 100 storage is and how you move things to it?

Second Archive at the bottom of the Formation menu. You just select which things you want to stick in there then hit OK to transfer them. To get things back just toggle the option on the side then select what you want and hit OK again.

chrono01

Already answered, but this!

Second Archive at the bottom of the Formation menu. You just select which things you want to stick in there then hit OK to transfer them. To get things back just toggle the option on the side then select what you want and hit OK again.

Thanks guys!

I think I should be able to fill both Second Archive and main storage with XP cards farming casually by the expiration of the 1/2 AP period. I'm sort of trying not to get too many of just one kind of XP card, I want to have a good variety of all types to make the best use of the 20% bonus XP when feeding XP card to same class.

Finally done with Orleans, it was ok I guess, was really expecting something awful, but in the end the only annoying part was that it uses too much ap. Now I have to wait to recharge to farm EXP and whatever it is on today's missions.

I like Orleans quite a bit. It had its low points, but Marie/Mozart side-story along with the final stretch of the battle where the tweest revealed itself was really enjoyable.

elty

I think the difficulty of the story quest seems to vary quite a bit - sometimes very easy, often very hard especially for the first chapter.

Paprikka

Well I guess I'm done trying for ghost lanterns, I used my 7 day streak summoning ticket and pulled Lancelot! Though I was wondering for a second if it was another Tamamo, would've gotten me to NP3.

I already have the reverse scales for the second ascension so I'm just gonna shift my efforts toward getting more pieces then do Tamamo down the line.

Articalys

Today I learned the equivalent Japanese term for "rerolling" is リセマラ, or "resemara", short for "reset marathon".

Articalys

Were you watching resemara streams??
No, skimming a matome blog that had noted the US version of FGO got the massive boost recently on the sales charts and speculating the reasons why, they had noted that players were likely mostly done rerolling and starting to commit money to their accounts (other reasons included the Gil rateup, and that Gil is popular among the US fanbase).
Who wants to waste time watching somebody reinstall a game over and over?

Separately I still find it amusing that all the Gil stuff was the big 3 million downloads celebration in Japan, but for the US they were basically scrambling to get him out now and had to grab the closest milestone they could find... a bunch of Facebook likes.

kayos90

They really need to stop using Facebook and use more Youtube and Twitter. Like holy shit FEH does more effort than F/GO. It's laughable.

on another note, yeah. people are dropping cash for this game so... lol. this game will probably do fine??? maybe.

OVDRobo

180AP spent on Thiers now without a single Dragon Fang drop.

The probability listed here is definitely very, very inaccurate.

How did this game even become so popular originally? Everything about it is stingy from the gacha rates through the drop rates. Is Japan just full of masochists or is this the overwhelming power of waifus?

At least I know things will get slightly better in the future. If I didn't have that I'd definitely not have continued with the game as things are.

Grazzt

How did this game even become so popular originally? Everything about it is stingy from the gacha rates through the drop rates. Is Japan just full of masochists or is this the overwhelming power of waifus?

At least I know things will get slightly better in the future. If I didn't have that I'd definitely not have continued with the game as things are.
Ikr, I'm on the same boat. I just need two more, yet it's been 24 hours and that number hasn't changed

kayos90

I wrote this in Discord but the game when it first launched in JP was an absolute shit show. It was terrible. There was no 2x battle speed. You couldn't switch targets of enemies. You didn't have a Support Panel to assign for different classes for friends (it was just your party leader as the main support). You didn't have 300 CE and Servant slots (you had to buy them). You could only level up your CE and Servant with 5 cards a time. The game was SOOOOO garbage and a lot of this stuff came out anywhere from 6 months to 1+ year. It's ridiculous. The game survived by the sheer power and love of the Type-Moon/Fate fanbase. Any other IP and this game would've straight up died.

x-Lundz-x

Neki thank you so much for the account with Altera! Sent you a friend request.

I need som new friends on my account now 951357399

I should hav my Altera at a decent level in a few days.

Never underestimate the power of the waifus, it will save the world one day I tell you.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Neki thank you so much for the account with Altera! Sent you a friend request.

I need som new friends on my account now 951357399

I should hav my Altera at a decent level in a few days.

Glad you finally got an account! I'll add you

vareon

Another 10 pull and the only notable one I got is Archer Emiya.

Which is better than nothing, I suppose. But I suppose I shouldn't use my Archer cards on someone else yesterday lol.

I wrote this in Discord but the game when it first launched in JP was an absolute shit show. It was terrible. There was no 2x battle speed. You couldn't switch targets of enemies. You didn't have a Support Panel to assign for different classes for friends (it was just your party leader as the main support). You didn't have 300 CE and Servant slots (you had to buy them). You could only level up your CE and Servant with 5 cards a time. The game was SOOOOO garbage and a lot of this stuff came out anywhere from 6 months to 1+ year. It's ridiculous. The game survived by the sheer power and love of the Type-Moon/Fate fanbase. Any other IP and this game would've straight up died.

The reason the game has not only survived but also thrived is because it's basically a big celebration of the Nasuverse and it receives close supervision and attention from all the principals at Type-Moon, including Nasu who wrote the scenario and important Orders and Takeuchi who illustrated a bunch of the Servants. I mean pretty much everyone who is associated with T-M, who has worked with T-M, and also all the voice actors play this game too (and some of them are notorious whales).

This wasn't farmed out for a quick buck, and the deep involvement of everyone important with Type-Moon is pretty obvious in the game itself, even though it launched pretty shakily and half-baked from Delight Works who were a first-time mobile game development studio. DW has come a long way from the JP launch days, our first English version maintenance only overran the planned completion time by like 40 minutes which is practically a miracle for people who played during the early days of JP version.

Nasu himself plays this game and comments on it pretty frequently, as does Takeuchi. Nasu has his own amusing superstitions about when the best time to pull from the gacha is, and despite being Nasu he hasn't ever bothered to just ask for any Servants he wants. He rolls for them like everyone else, with sometimes amusing results. He actually rolled in the guaranteed 5* gacha twice and both times he got Servants he already had NP5 on. (One was Jeanne.)

Gen Urobuchi plays and is notable for using a very specific set of 3* Servants to clear the Fate/Zero Accel Order event. Yuki Kajiura has been caught playing it. Hiroshi Hiroyama has actually slipped a few references to FGO into Prisma Illya.

All the notable VA's play this game.

Kana Ueda is notable for talking constantly about it on her Twitter and she was prepared to whale until she got herself (Ishtar).

Ayako Kawasumi has been trying to collect all the Altrias and only spends money when there is an Altria rate-up and she also asks Shiokawa to add more Altrias to the game (sigh).

Mai Kadowaki actually keeps Heracles in her Berserker support slot and was happy when she rolled Illya on her birthday, which was (maybe not) coincidentally the day the Prisma Illya event started in Japan.

Rumi Okubo has commented that she has spent more money on FGO than she was paid for her voice work as Astolfo. She keeps an Astolfo with a Kaleidoscope in her Support list, for anyone who actually wants to use Astolfo.

I could go on here but you get the idea. FGO probably started out with people expecting it was going to be just another gacha waifus and husbandos game in JP and there's hundreds of those. But it has been successful in ways those other games have not and a lot of that comes down to the amount of dedication and love for what they created that the people associated with T-M have which is pretty obvious when you play it.

Also, Nasu has now apparently written as much material for FGO as he had for F/SN. If there's one thing Nasu is known for, it's being verbose.

duongsn

These kinds of things seem like a no-brainer to NOT include, but tons of gacha games still have them. I guess people who design games think differently than people who play games, but, still, I shed a tear every time I use a magic stone to expand my box slot in Puzzle & Dragons :'(

vareon

I just hope the same persistence is shown in the global version. Not just dropping it at the first sign of failure or something.

Sciel

The reason the game has not only survived but also thrived is because it's basically a big celebration of the Nasuverse and it receives close supervision and attention from all the principals at Type-Moon, including Nasu who wrote the scenario and important Orders and Takeuchi who illustrated a bunch of the Servants. I mean pretty much everyone who is associated with T-M, who has worked with T-M, and also all the voice actors play this game too (and some of them are notorious whales).

This wasn't farmed out for a quick buck, and the deep involvement of everyone important with Type-Moon is pretty obvious in the game itself, even though it launched pretty shakily and half-baked from Delight Works who were a first-time mobile game development studio. DW has come a long way from the JP launch days, our first English version maintenance only overran the planned completion time by like 40 minutes which is practically a miracle for people who played during the early days of JP version.

Nasu himself plays this game and comments on it pretty frequently, as does Takeuchi. Nasu has his own amusing superstitions about when the best time to pull from the gacha is, and despite being Nasu he hasn't ever bothered to just ask for any Servants he wants. He rolls for them like everyone else, with sometimes amusing results. He actually rolled in the guaranteed 5* gacha twice and both times he got Servants he already had NP5 on. (One was Jeanne.)

Gen Urobuchi plays and is notable for using a very specific set of 3* Servants to clear the Fate/Zero Accel Order event. Yuki Kajiura has been caught playing it. Hiroshi Hiroyama has actually slipped a few references to FGO into Prisma Illya.

All the notable VA's play this game.

Kana Ueda is notable for talking constantly about it on her Twitter and she was prepared to whale until she got herself (Ishtar).

Ayako Kawasumi has been trying to collect all the Altrias and only spends money when there is an Altria rate-up and she also asks Shiokawa to add more Altrias to the game (sigh).

Mai Kadowaki actually keeps Heracles in her Berserker support slot and was happy when she rolled Illya on her birthday, which was (maybe not) coincidentally the day the Prisma Illya event started in Japan.

Rumi Okubo has commented that she has spent more money on FGO than she was paid for her voice work as Astolfo. She keeps an Astolfo with a Kaleidoscope in her Support list, for anyone who actually wants to use Astolfo.

I could go on here but you get the idea. FGO probably started out with people expecting it was going to be just another gacha waifus and husbandos game in JP and there's hundreds of those. But it has been successful in ways those other games have not and a lot of that comes down to the amount of dedication and love for what they created that the people associated with T-M have which is pretty obvious when you play it.

Also, Nasu has now apparently written as much material for FGO as he had for F/SN. If there's one thing Nasu is known for, it's being verbose.
This made me remember this post:
8c169d3da7.png

Articalys

Next bunch of special login bonuses, not sure if it matches up with anything that Japan got, not like it matters though.

https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/gilgamesh-campaign2/
2017-07-13 04:00 - 07-20 03:59 UTC

1st Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 3 Million QP
2nd Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 10,000 Friend Points
3rd Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 10 ALL ★4 (SR) Blaze of Wisdom
4th Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 5 Heroic Crystal: Sun Fou ALL★3 (ATK)
5th Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 5 Heroic Crystal: Star Fou ALL★3 (HP)
6th Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 5 Golden Fruits
7th Login -- 1 Summon Ticket, 50 Mana Prisms

OVDRobo

Sounds awful. I'm glad we got some key upgrades retrofitted to the English launch even if we're lacking in content. It's a shame about the gacha rates being so bad and remaining unchanged, but at least we've got the advantage of foresight so we can hoard and pray. In that way the love of the Type-Moon fanbase is a double-edged sword.

[why Grand Order survived]

Interesting stuff, it's really inspiring to hear about voice actors and designers being passionate about their roles and projects. I can see how a combination of good perception and involvement combined with the devotion that Type-Moon fans tend to have could have led to the game having the chance to improve in the right ways and eventually become as huge as it is. Particularly in a genre as soulless and money-hungry as gacha.

Next bunch of special login bonuses, not sure if it matches up with anything that Japan got, not like it matters though.

I feel like a complete fool but I'm going to burn every last one of those summon tickets trying to get myself a Lancelot. I wouldn't be so desperate if there was any other Berserker class servant I particularly liked that will be available within the next year but there's not. Heracles is okay just for being the original berser-car and really effective. I'd definitely use him if I get him one day, but Lancelot is my goal.

Grazzt

Finally got the last two dragon fangs, ascended Elizabeth to 60.

Her third ascension materials do not appear to be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom