• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Got 2 A's IDGAF not rerolling, would rather spend money than be bored to death my the tutorial again. Game is really good though when it actually starts. Just gotta tear myself away from the menu music lol
Dat effing menu music! Loving that little tune :)

After checking out the download starter, and knowing the power creep of PaD, I am tempted to limit my rolling.

It goes without saying that a Console RPG in the Terra Battle world would be very welcome. but in between that 2mil downloads and now are a bunch of characters, some of which I am sure are "SS" rank.

Power creep in FtP games is very real, so my personal goal is go as far as possible without using any more free rolls. Gotta save those rolls everyone.

music is awesome, so that free OST at 900k is pretty sweet!

Uthred

Anyone know if the data transfer is "cross-platform"? Wouldnt mind being able to throw it from phone to tablet for commute/home

Castef

Banned
Currently the game is live in Japan, US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Spain.

italian-flag.jpg

???

muu

3 rolls total in the game so far, got SS amina, B grace (really?), and another B healer.

Guess I'll see whether I want to reroll for a caster or not. At this point I'm having no trouble going through the levels w/ 4 physical and 2 healers.

How effective are the casters that you can get for free btw? Only one I see on wikis are Mantle Dragon, if the real strength of mages is farming ability then I won't mind just keeping going on forward.

thefro

Hopefully that number of downloads grows soon. Google play store is only at 5,000 downloads. :(

I'd guess it's a separate counter for each country's play store. The Terra Battle Japanese twitter has over 40k followers and I doubt all of them have iPhones.

Pbae

Think I rerolled over 20 times with no SS luck.

I mean, I know that I don't NEED an SS but this is the only time I know I can guarantee one so why not. Tutorial is rather fun.

bodine1231

First roll was an S (Djugan) and a B. Good enough. I rerolled almost a hundred times in P&Z and I'm not going through that process again. I usually IAP anyway so if I like the game I'll roll if I have to.

Credo

Well, it took what seemed like an eternity (in reality, about 2 hours), but I finally got Lewtwo, along with another 'A' character, and after using them, I feel like it was well worth it.

Shouta

3 rolls total in the game so far, got SS amina, B grace (really?), and another B healer.

Guess I'll see whether I want to reroll for a caster or not. At this point I'm having no trouble going through the levels w/ 4 physical and 2 healers.

How effective are the casters that you can get for free btw? Only one I see on wikis are Mantle Dragon, if the real strength of mages is farming ability then I won't mind just keeping going on forward.

Looks like it's wholyl dependent on their skill set. My SS one has a support skill that does shadow damage when she supports two attackers and does like 200+ at level 10 on the early level guys. My Apothecary just healers paralysis though, lol.

Think I rerolled over 20 times with no SS luck.

I mean, I know that I don't NEED an SS but this is the only time I know I can guarantee one so why not. Tutorial is rather fun.

You can also just hit speed up in the tutorial to speed through the animations. Makes it quick.

RDreamer

I'm digging it so far. Overall it seems like a pretty cool mobile title that I could pick up and play whenever. Love the music and artwork. The battle system is addictingly fun, too.

Once you hit chapter 3, it's imperative that you 1) use as many units as possible in attacks, and more importantly 2) funny forget that you can pincer more than two enemy units that are in line AeeeA, AeeeeA, ect...this deals massive damage.

jwhit28

So by console version, do they mean the same game on XBLA and PSN or do they mean turning the game into a fully realized SRPG?

Listonosh

Is there any place where you can actually track the amount of downloads the game has got? I'd like to see where they're at on the Download Starter

Haunted

On the F2P mobile game scale, where 1 is a fully realised game and 10 is an elaborate skinner box, what are we talking about here?

Koozek

Been playing for a few minutes now and I really like the music. The art is leagues above other generic f2p RPGs, too. I don't know much about the battle system yet as I'm still in the tutorial^^

syoaran

I knew nothing about this game before downloading it, and initially it seemed like a very boring strategy RPG with nothing going for it except excellent art work.

I was wrong.

As soon as I hit the first boss, the game started showing me just how engrossing the combat can be. Attacks that jumble you about, enemies that do elemental attacks with certain behaviors, interesting combo mechanics etc all play a part in making this one of those games that demands "one more turn". I watched a quick trailer just now and there seems to be mountains of content here, and it looks like it's all free.

My only wish here is that people in your party were given more personality. It would have been nice if the Tavern was a place you could interact with your roster, rather than just recruit artwork. Something like Fire Emblems relationship system would of made this game god tier

Uthred

Just how good are the SS mages? For example is a roll of B and SS mage better than a roll of ordinary SS and S?

wrowa

On the F2P mobile game scale, where 1 is a fully realised game and 10 is an elaborate skinner box, what are we talking about here?

I missed my bus earlier today, because I was so into the game that I didn't realize that the bus arrived. And I wasn't even mad, instead I was glad that this got me 10 more minutes to play. I think that's the highest praise for this kind of game. :p

It's a puzzle game with an RPG skin, but it's a really good one. It helps that the art and the soundtrack are really great too. I've finished Chapter 4, I didn't re-roll for better characters and so far I haven't had a situation where I felt forced to spend money.

forgrim

I rerolled all day while working and finally pulled a ss mage and an A character. I'm done. Time to start actually playing lol.

Uthred

You can transfer data between Android and iOS, transferred from phone to iPad and back again. Transferring wipes the data on the source device.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I probably should be a hater, but I'm not.

I really like this game. Granted I've not played much aka just two chapters, but so far so good. I enjoy the gameplay and I love the music. Granted who knows what I'll think when I hit the f2p wall, but so far so good.

I also think the graphics and menus are fine. I do think the character portrait icons on the battlefield seem slightly low res compared to the rest of the game though.

I'm playing on my Nexus 7.

PS: I just went with it. #NoReroll

orioto

Good Art™
I just finished the third chapter. It's pretty challenging. i'm surprised to see lots of comments about unlocking special characters, while seeing people asking if it's an interesting game and not just a lot/prize fest etc..

The combat system is honestly absolutly great. I find it way more interesting than any FF combat system lol.. The simple fact that you can do awesome things by moving your character on top of others, moving them for combos. Or the fact that cure are not only a matter of "do i strike or do i play defensive" but rather a complicated dance of moving your characters in order to let them enjoy it (which can be vital!).

Actually it makes me think of tactical games like the SD Gundam series and that's god tier genre in my book.

And i play with only b grades characters at max.

Nohar

So, I have only two questions: is it a pay-to-win game? Will I be blocked in my progression if I don't spend x dollars/euros/whatever?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So, I have only two questions: is it a pay-to-win game? Will I be blocked in my progression if I don't spend x dollars/euros/whatever?

Nope.

Narras

After playing the game for awhile, I decided to reroll. After a few, I got Lewto the Keeper (SS) and Zafitte the Flatfooted (S). Pretty happy with those starting pulls. I will say if the other mages are like Lewto, their skills are pretty powerful when activated.

First roll, I got an SS Froggy Ice Wizard and a B Archer as my first recruits after the tutorial, both pretty powerful at Lv 10. It's been fairly nice so far. Unlike something like WWE Supercard, there's at least a bit of stratergery at work in the standard gameplay, since you need to set up skill cascades via good positioning/movement to wipe out enemies; eventually, it looks like I could theoretically set up attack cascades if I get some push skills. Nice music so far, and the F2P mechanics don't interfere with the gameplay, as most of the time, I recover most of the spent stamina during the battle.

LowParry

I really like this game. I'll keep playing it. Got tired of doing resets but managed to scare an S rank. It'll do.

Top Bottom