• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I take the top one. It's shorter than the last and has a better reward than the middle one. Though the real answer is I use the free refresh and stay away from missions harder than B tier or longer than 8 hours. At this point I've got 83 relics so I must be doing something right.

I'd do the first or second since they're shorter but I'd check both and see which I had better percentages on since the reward doesn't really matter. Unless refresh is an option because none of those are spectacular and you still have it for the day.

1. I send them off on options A or B.
  2. I see if the new option is better. If it's not I go to part 3. If it is I go to part 4.
  3. I refresh to see if I get better options. If there is I go to part 4. If there's not I leave as is.
  4. I recall the original quest and send them on the new better quest.

-----------------------------

I was only able to get my rank A mission up to 70% success, I had to try it given it's a giancryst, I'm hoping not to fail >.>

my sub60% giancryst expedition succeeded

Failed another 90% expedition today lol so that's 3 90% fails in 2 days. Lovely. Honestly I doubt I will even try for the moogle every week. Probably go for the ticket and that's about it.

-----------------------------

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Didn't quite farm enough relics to get to where I wanted to be when I wrote this post to be 100% sure (I'll be there in the morning or mid-day tomorrow), but I reasonably sure that I've seen enough of explorations at this point to know how this story is almost surely going to end.

First, to the responses above to the screenshot, everyone in concept agreed with each other, and I would also agree as well. There is specific reason why I posted that screenshot, as it is representative of the end-game scenario for explorations, which I will explain in a moment.

The second set responses, some in success, most in failure, highlight the deeper nuances of the exploration system. Reddit hasn't figured this out yet, but it should by tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

So, here we go with the explanation:

-- Like most gacha or gambling type events, explorations are rigged against the player. As the famous cliche goes, "The house always wins in the end."

How are explorations rigged, you might ask?

The best way to make this clear is to frame this in terms of another known FFBE system --> Raids.

As an analogy, let's consider the recent Titan raid. At the start of the raid, Titan is raid level 1, and is very easy to level up by the server. Over time, as the raid progresses, Titan becomes harder and harder to level to level up further, until a complete wall is written. In explorations, replace Titan's HP bar with the moogle relic achievement bar. As that little moogle moves up the bar, the exploration event becomes harder and harder.

What do I mean by that?

Well, it all starts with an innocent statement on the tutorial that states:

Rarer expeditions may appear as players successfully complete more and more expeditions.

It's not a false statement, but it is a perfect example of "be careful what you ask for".

At this point, everyone knows that the optimum relic farming missions are the 3 and 8 hours one, preferably of B and C class. Of course, those yield lackluster rewards, but the goal here is relics, because we want to reach 160 relics by the end of the week.

So, we farm easy, mundane tasks, and that's it, right?

Ahh, if it was only that simple. This is where the "fix" comes into play. Remember that Gumi claim from three lines ago?

"Rarer" missions start coming into play, represented by B, A, and S tier explorations. But, there's a problem here. These missions cannot **ever** be guaranteed in their success, no matter what. The higher the ranking, the greater the base failure chance and thus the higher the risk assumed by taking on that mission.

So, just ignore them right and do the low rank missions, right?

This is where the house wins in the end. Remember that analogy about the moogle bar filling up equating to increased difficulty in the Titan raid? As relics are obtained, the bar fills up and these "rarer" missions start replacing the normal ones. The farther one's progression in the week's exploration, the more common they become. This has the consequence of making the desired low rank missions increasingly harder and harder to pull over time, as the average "difficulty" level of each exploration increases.

Eventually, like in the screenshot I posted, the player will be stuck with A (or worse S) tier missions that are increasingly riskier to take on. By the end of the week, I would expect most players in the 120+ relic range to start failing a very significant portion of their runs, as there will be few (if any) safe C or D-tier explorations to run at all. Higher rarity missions also have longer time windows (A is min 8h, S is all 24h) that further compounds the penalties of failure.

The end result is that most players will stall out before 120, and a lot of luck or brute force (via refreshes) are likely needed to have a shot at 160. Gumi's game plan here is to get people to refresh their exploration list or buy speedups with lapis to win that weekly free ticket or moogle at the end of the week (if only I had one more run before time expired...).

All in all, I'd be wary about chasing the 160 moogle, because it's going to be frustratingly hard to reach. Aim for the 120 if you want to aim for a goal, and whatever rare prizes you win on the way through luck (mostly Holy crystals, mid Tough pots, and random T4 crysts) be the main reward. If luck is on your side and you naturally get close to 160, then it's your call to "go for it" or not. Just remember, by then, the odds of success on a run will very likely be strongly against you.

Oh. and there is that little matter of gil. Let's throw some ballpark numbers around.

Let's say on average that the long-term cost per relic is 2000 gil. It takes 3600 relics to make a Adventurer V. And... let's say you have a 30% fail rate in the long haul. I'm sure Reddit will have some more accurate estimates than my napkin math one they figure out the intricies of the exploration system. But using those numbers as a ballpark, that places the long-term cost of one Adventurer V at ~10.3 million gil plus item costs consumed in boosting success rates (at least another million if not even more).

Enhancement costs, hold my beer.

bonkeng

I think getting 160 relics per week is pretty easy.

I'm already at 82 right now, 2 days in. And i didn't even follow the recommended reddit guide of 3hrs run of rank B/C. I just chose 8hrs or 12 hrs runs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I'm already at 82 right now, 2 days in. And i didn't even follow the recommended reddit guide of 3hrs run of rank B/C. I just chose 8hrs or 12 hrs runs.

Completely shocked that once again, people who have yet to play overreacted.

At 66 claimed, and this didn't start till 9am CST yesterday. By the time it hits two days of full time tomorrow at 9, I should be around half way down with 5 days to go.

I wouldn't say it's easy or hard, it's just.....random. I mean had I not failed 3 missions at 90% I would have 80 something relics as well, however I did so I don't. A 5% moogle isn't really all that big a deal to me anyway so it's whatever, but I feel some weeks you are going to be lucky and others you aren't. I have also seen people say they failed missions at 100%, of course they could be lying so who knows. Overall expeditions aren't that exciting and frankly just not what I thought they would be.

tuffymon

I'd be happy if I can continue with 1% gains a day (36), and if not oh well... to think we could get something of that power in 100 days is pretty crazy >.>;

Celegus

That makes a lot of sense Lyrian, wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that way. I'm not really worried about hitting the weekly goals - I'll get what I happen to get and be happy with that. I'm a little over 80 right now I think, so I guess a lot of us will see if the back half seems harder than the first. Definitely not stressing over them, but it's easy enough to keep them going.

Valentus

Can you do me a favor bonk? Can you please put the fullbreak materia on your Vargas? Please!

Syntsui

Yes, we have no control over this at all. It's not easy nor hard, if the 3h B expeditions don't appear and you can't refresh without lapis anymore, GG.

If they appear and you use items to get 90% and still fail, GG.

bonkeng

I wouldn't say it's easy or hard, it's just.....random. I mean had I not failed 3 missions at 90% I would have 80 something relics as well, however I did so I don't. A 5% moogle isn't really all that big a deal to me anyway so it's whatever, but I feel some weeks you are going to be lucky and others you aren't. I have also seen people say they failed missions at 100%, of course they could be lying so who knows. Overall expeditions aren't that exciting and frankly just not what I thought they would be.

Yeah it's indeed random. I did have 2 failed runs for rank C.

I'm also only targeting the ticket, the 5% moogle isn't worth the extra effort or refresh.

I'm not going to always choose the 3hr runs. It's tedious when you have to check your phone every 1 to 3 hrs. The 8hr runs should be enough to hit 120 relics/week.

Can you do me a favor bonk? Can you please put the fullbreak materia on your Vargas? Please!

Done.

Val tbh, I wasn't gonna buy that Materia. But since you requested for it, and seeing how you've helped this community tremendously, bought it without hesitation. Hope it helps on whatever experiment you're doing right now.

tuffymon

Doesn't seem too good really. One skill catches my attention tho:

"3 AoE Turn +100% Stop Debuff Resist"

Does that remove debuff resistance from enemies?

I don't know for sure, but to me it sounds like a buff placed on your team to prevent stop for 3 turns. Shouta or someone else may know for sure though?

Lucreto

Little late I guess, but you can craft magic keys with screamroot + fine alcryst (both cheap at mog king). Keys for lapis is a trap sadly.

For some reason screamroot is a really rare resource for me. Unless I used some awakening characters I am unaware of I naturally acquired only 10 in the last year. I usually just have enough Mog King coins to get the tickets and a few other materials.

tuffymon

For some reason screamroot is a really rare resource for me. Unless I used some awakening characters I am unaware of I naturally acquired only 10 in the last year. I usually just have enough Mog King coins to get the tickets and a few other materials.

You can buy 10 every mog king event

Visceir

Doesn't seem too good really. One skill catches my attention tho:

"3 AoE Turn +100% Stop Debuff Resist"

Does that remove debuff resistance from enemies?

That gives your party resistance from the status 'Stop'

Vaan is a decent chainer if you don't have anything else. He still has a great equipment pool, which people often forget.

Alkez

Man y'all weren't joking, mag focused Fryevia just destroys Maxwell elite. Seriously one of the best DPS in the game. The fact she can focus on DEF or SPR makes her near unstoppable. I just wish her main move was neutral with the ice element coming from her weapon. Then she couldn't be stopped.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Great analysis Lyrian, and definitely seems to be on point from my experience. I agree that the best course of action is just to aim for the expedition prizes as opposed to the weekly prizes, and if it happens it happens. For me pots, crysts, holy crystals, and NRG pots are all I aim for.

Rixa

Brave Exvius OT5: Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

^^ This. I like that topic too.

In the event Iam at point where currency is going towards Purecrysts.
I have grabbed:
* 9 Giancrysts (Power, Support, Tech)
* All the eqs that were not unit specific
* All the sq, tix, cheap 6* mats, 30k Moogle, items, 100 cactuars,
* 2 Guardian Authorities.

I think I will buy Power Purecryst first since I used few of them with processing Ace.

Screenshot_20170625-131945.png
I do have 6 Guard Giancrysts, I might buy more them-

This event has been well worth to use almost all the nrg I acquired. Today I made story dungeons too, got rank increase. I should be close to 9000 Lapis when Friday hits, not going to do dailies. Used 2 tix today to BF banner, got Shine (great, not Tilith tho) and Charlotte (sold).

c-murph

^^ This. I like that topic too.

In the event Iam at point where currency is going towards Purecrysts.
I have grabbed:
* 9 Giancrysts (Power, Support, Tech)
* All the eqs that were not unit specific
* All the sq, tix, cheap 6* mats, 30k Moogle, items, 100 cactuars,
* 2 Guardian Authorities.

I think I will buy Power Purecryst first since I used few of them with processing Ace.

I do have 6 Guard Giancrysts, I might buy more them-

This event has been well worth to use almost all the nrg I acquired. Today I made story dungeons too, got rank increase. I should be close to 9000 Lapis when Friday hits, not going to do dailies. Used 2 tix today to BF banner, got Shine (great, not Tilith tho) and Charlotte (sold).

Take advantage of everything you can grab. This is a insanely easy event with huge drops of currency.

Rixa

Take advantage of everything you can grab. This is a insanely easy event with huge drops of currency.

Yes. Iam fairly sure I wont have 500% bonus rate in near future. Will use almost every nrg I get to event. Better to hoard now than curse later for the easy opportunity that was missed.

Visceir

Is that yours? Care to share it as your companion if so lol? I don't usually use cheese carries but as a new player I could use the rewards.

Yea, I guess I can put him up. I'm like 25 min into the fight and still got 30% to go though, but you can pretty much leave the fight afk after you've done the esper summon.

tuffymon

Makes you wonder if we'll see more stuff like Destiny that say fu to evasion builds in the future since both metas have embraced it >.>;

Alkez

Yea, I guess I can put him up. I'm like 25 min into the fight and still got 30% to go though, but you can pretty much leave the fight afk after you've done the esper summon.

Thanks :) I used your companion just over an hour ago so I'll get it done in a few hours time and let you know when it's done.

Thanks for the info Lyrian. Its good to know. I am sitting on 76 relics right now.

On another note im about to do the trials or quest or what ever you call them for the main cast. Its so strange seeing Rain in decked out tm gear, brave suit, genji, etc lol.

tuffymon

I know that theirs been mention of the bug with safety bit, seems to work with genji shield too. Used cover for me/v and his got wiped, but mine didnt /shrug

Lucreto

I said I wasn't going to do the summer banner but I did one ticket for the lol and got Summer Lid.

Used another ticket and got Shira.

Worth keeping? I am running out of space with all the Cactuars in my list for Tidus and Rikku.

tuffymon

double noctis fun with v, 123 rounds to take out maxwell >.>; miscounted once, and i ate dirt, meteor with spam sometimes i ate dirt >.>; double thunder flask did way more dmg than attacking though.

still wondering what causes the mp on holy countering... on avg i was getting 12, near the end 0s and 4s, with the occasional 12 /shrug

Visceir

Where is this boss fight? Right now I can only find the raid boss.

Also, this could pretty much be used against Gilgamesh too, no?

Need to always make sure your device is set to JST (japan time) for newly added content to show up.

Haven't really touched Gilgamesh since I beat it a year ago, you're always welcome to try.

[JPN] will try that new trial with your Tidus when you refresh on my friends list, think I used you like an hour ago. Will probably finally start going through story stuff today to get the rookie reward mats to actually get some level 100 units. Did a multi on the ATK banner and got nothing except Mercedesx2. Will probably do another later.

So I'm curious. Outside of getting the moogles and tickets what's the big deal with these relics? I've seen a few people mention getting something in 100 days but not sure what lol

Kettch

Valentus' Noctis is really cool. I need to farm up some Garnet TMs next and try out similar stuff, since I already have the hard part done, double ring of the lucii.

Mipcgamer

Lyrian is right saying longer expeditions show up more often as you progress, but I don't think it will be hard to get 160 relics or more.

I have been doing short expeditions (when possible, and sending dummy teams to refresh one expedition) and I'm at 111 relics. BUT just now I had 3 24h missions, used my free refresh and got 2 more 24h ones (one 12h), used an ancient coin and got the same 3 24h missions.

I even have one team waiting for another to finish so I can refresh at least one of the 24h ones.

Point is, it won't be that hard to get 160. Hell, I want to see how many I can get in a week! (Not using lapis).

Lyrian

so that's awesome

Nice. Didn't think the duplicate reward would apply to the pots. Mini pots I guess are okay, but what about full-sized pots?

Got an attempt at a full sized HP pot due in ~6h, but we'll see if it even succeeds.

I had a mission that paid out energy pots yesterday that yielded a bonus energy pot on a bonus. That was unexpectedly nice.

Lyrian

Lyrian is right saying longer expeditions show up more often as you progress, but I don't think it will be hard to get 160 relics or more.

I have been doing short expeditions (when possible, and sending dummy teams to refresh one expedition) and I'm at 111 relics. BUT just now I had 3 24h missions, used my free refresh and got 2 more 24h ones (one 12h), used an ancient coin and got the same 3 24h missions.

I even have one team waiting for another to finish so I can refresh at least one of the 24h ones.

Point is, it won't be that hard to get 160. Hell, I want to see how many I can get in a week! (Not using lapis).

As others have mentioned, the player at the high-end of explorations are subject to the mercy of RNG on success, relic point spread at the end of the week will probably follow a normal bell curve. The primary question then would be what percentage of the bell curve reaches 120 and 160 relics respectively, after accounting for all the failed explorations? That is still a hard unknown.

I expected the "wall" for players to hit in explorations to at clearing the 80 relic mark, and it's not there. Maybe at around 100 relics then or perhaps 120 (I severely doubt it's farther back than 120). Although, if the "wall" is that far back, then that would indicate that Gumi wants/expects most players to at least reach 120 relics. That makes sense in a way, because it is easier to rationalize spending to reaching the grand prize in an event rather than the second prize in that event.

tuffymon

For the ones that do spend tons of lapis... I wonder how fast we'll see one of these items pop up... wish we could make a poll and have each choice be a week, see which wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom