• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

Great win for Duke last night, getting a league win on the road especially against a top 25 team that's already beaten us this year is always nice. As someone who enjoys sharpshooting (you kind of have to if you're a fan of Duke post-2004), I love watching Dre when he gets hot. When he gets hot, he gets HOT like last night. Undoubtedly one of the best shooters in the nation and if you give him open shots, he'll take them and he'll make them.

It's amazing to see that we're undefeated on the road in league play and only have two road losses on the year (tbh, we lost both of our two true road non-conference games in embarrassing fashion). I consider that a great achievement for a program that over recent years has gained a bit of a reputation of being much more vulnerable on the road than at home. Which is a valid rep, we lost ten games in the past two years (2009-2011), with nine of them being true road losses (and then Arizona in the NCAA tournament).

If Duke can take care of business this week against Va Tech and Wake (both are pretty winnable games), and Carolina can handle their business (going to Virginia isn't easy, but I expect them to win that), that'll set up the dream scenario of Duke vs. Carolina here (in Cameron) for the ACC regular season title. ESPN execs' eyes haven't gleamed so much since the Decision.

More Duke fans appearing out of the woodworks. Great post btw.
Alumni or just a fan?

Pollux

Vandy is going to lose tomorrow. They do need to beat Florida though next week.

I'm not that nervous about tomorrow, although I'm a little worried about the last road game. I also hope the team doesn't overlook Georgia. With the amount of talent though, I doubt it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

OK I'm cheered up from the Cincy game now. Buzz Williams is a Three Stooges looking fool, but watch how he trolled the West Virginia student section at the end of the game when he was walking to join the commentary team and they were playing 'Country Roads':

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7613809

HAHAHAHA

That's just so hilarious. U mad hilljacks? Especially the clown in the gray hoodie hahaha

buzz_medium.gif

C A T S CATS CATS CATS!

Wow good game, two guys fouled out for us and we still won by 9. Close until we pulled away there at the end (were up 10, they cut it to 2? 1? Then we pulled away again.)

Anyways, glad for yet another W. 14-0 SEC, 28-1 overall, 51 home winning streak. If we win Thursday against uga, that's Coach Cal's first three years at UK never losing at home.

Oh yeah, we are the regular season SEC champs now, too. Cal is 2-1 regular season champs, and so far 2-0 SEC tournament champs here at UK.

bwahaha bestgaf ROTY my ass

I haven't posted in bestgaf since BJ (Before Jeremy), I'm surprised you still remember me.

mbmonk said:
Didn't that happen last year as well, except for the game was at UNC?

Yep, I forgot about that.
It wasn't a pleasant memory.

Proelite said:
More Duke fans appearing out of the woodworks. Great post btw.
Alumni or just a fan?

Duke fan since birth. Duke student for the past eight months.

P.S. Didn't play that well against Va Tech (the threes deserted us in a big way), but we were able to grind it out, and take away a W, so I'm happy about that.

Just got back from my last game in Cameron as a student.

Bitter sweet moment, and thankfully Miles Plumlee didn't have a speech at the end to ruin it.

Proelite

They don't call 'em the Va Tech Chokies for nothing...

Choke implies that they had the lead in the final minutes. Against this Duke team you need to be up by 10, unless you're UNC, then you need to be up by 20. If you're NC state you need to be up by 30.

scoobs

At allen field house, tune in for this KU/MU game if youre interested in seeing what all the hype is about with KU home games. you havent seen crazy til u see KU/MU

SyNapSe

At allen field house, tune in for this KU/MU game if youre interested in seeing what all the hype is about with KU home games. you havent seen crazy til u see KU/MU

student section or Bill Gates? I tried for quite a while but it's been an incredibly expensive ticket to get. In 1 or 2 person varieties you could get it for 5-7 hundred per but trying to get a block of 4 or more was insane. :(

At some point, it just becomes absurd. Tons of scammers online. It's hard to imagine people would fall for something like this but I've seen "GA" tickets on sale. Oh well, we'll enjoy it from the warmth of a home with 90+ inch projection screen HDTV. Would like to hit Taco Johns for some pregame heart-death by Potato Oles though.

DarkWish

Excited for the VCU/GMU game tonight... GMU beat VCU with a last second win recently, so now it's revenge time. VCU may not have the same skill level as last year, but they still have the same play style and I love watching them play. Although it is interesting since I attended VCU and am trying to transfer to GMU... so I'm sort of stuck in the middle there in terms of allegiances.

Pollux

Maybe.

@KyleTucker_CJ
Wasn't over there at the moment, but apparently Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters he's graduating from UK, not going anywhere. Said not joking.

@KySportsRadio
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tells reporters he is not going anywhere at the end of the season...then insists he is not joking.

SyNapSe

game is over. can't normally pay refs to make it a 5v5 guard fest. It is what it is.. let's hope we can pull it close at least.

SyNapSe

I'd say having our second team down 12 at half is actually really good. Too bad KU's starters can't play.

Eh. Did our best. We got tough calls at Moo but I thought things would be different at AFH.
I'd like to think we can come back but given the foul situation that'd be tough. Withey barely played with 2 tough fouls + injury and Trob had to stand aside because of the ridic. phantom foul.

jayhawker

Yeah, I actually feel pretty good about our chances in the second half. We'll have both Trob and Withey on the court for the first time ... well, almost since tip, really.

SyNapSe

what? We're down 10 and they're seconds away from getting their 4th fouls. Trob did a good job holding on most of the half.

Nesotenso

Yeah, I actually feel pretty good about our chances in the second half. We'll have both Trob and Withey on the court for the first time ... well, almost since tip, really.

It would also help if their 3's stop falling. Missouri relies a lot on the 3 and shot poorly against K-State.

jayhawker

They only have 2 fouls each. And I'm pretty sure they haven't both been on the court at the same time since 3 minutes into the game. We played Young, Wesley, and Teahan all at the same time for a substantial portion of the first half. And we're down 12. I'll take that, given those terrible circumstances.

DominoKid

honestly i dont even think i like Barnes anymore. watching him play annoys the fuck out of me cause he always tries to iso yet STILL he cant dribble for shit.

roy should ban him from anything but catch & shoots, 1 dribble & shoot or post ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom