• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

It really is sad that KU and Missouri aren't going to be playing each other anymore. They really need to do a home and home.

Seth C

Ha.

Kinda surprised MU is doing that, considering that academic-wise they're a fairly decent school.... but then again, $$$

You mean like Florida (19), Texas A&M (19), Georgia (23), Alabama (31), and Auburn (36)? Missouri comes in at 39, and as such would only be the 6th highest ranked public university in the SEC. Tennessee is at 46 (tied with Kansas) and Kentucky 59. LSU is at 63, Arkansas 65, Mississippi 73, USC 79, and Mississippi State 83. Vanderbilt is the 17th ranked private university.

The Big 12 has...

Texas (13)
Iowa State (44)
Kansas (46)
Oklahoma (46)
Oklahoma State (65)
Kansas State (73)
Texas Tech (85)
Baylor (75 among private schools)

And are adding West Virginia (89) and Texas Christian (97 among private schools).

All according to US News. So basically the Big 12 just lost their 2nd and 4th best academic institutions and they added two to the bottom of their list.

A&M already going there makes it a better fit. But it's a lateral move, and basically confirms what we already know. (Big 12 is dooooooooomed!)

SyNapSe

Really? Using US News as an University ranking is about as bad as including Iowa as a part of the Big 12. What's amazing is kicking A&M out and including Iowa. Good work is good

Seth C

Really? Using US News as an University ranking is about as bad as including Iowa as a part of the Big 12. What's amazing is kicking A&M out and including Iowa. Good work is good

Terribly sorry, but that just makes the Big 12 look worse. As for A&M? I kicked them out because they are gone. Joining the SEC and all. It's the only relevant way to make the comparison given A&M had announced before Missouri, so it would factor in to their decision. Not that it really matters, but the SEC is hardly a less academic conference than the Big 12. That's all. The Forbes rankings are strikingly similar, but if you have a more well regarded ranking, post it.

UraMallas

You mean like Florida (19), Texas A&M (19), Georgia (23), Alabama (31), and Auburn (36)? Missouri comes in at 39, and as such would only be the 6th highest ranked public university in the SEC. Tennessee is at 46 (tied with Kansas) and Kentucky 59. LSU is at 63, Arkansas 65, Mississippi 73, USC 79, and Mississippi State 83. Vanderbilt is the 17th ranked private university.

The Big 12 has...

Texas (13)
Iowa (28)
Iowa State (44)
Kansas (46)
Oklahoma (46)
Oklahoma State (65)
Kansas State (73)
Texas Tech (85)
Baylor (75 among private schools)

And are adding West Virginia (89) and Texas Christian (97 among private schools).

All according to US News. So basically the Big 12 just lost their 2nd and 4th best academic institutions and they added two to the bottom of their list.

And Iowa's not even in the Big 12.

Oh, that's right, State is playing tonight. Since the Illini season is going to end before the NCAA tournament (again), it's almost time for me to bandwagon MSU.

I've been practicing all the chants and such:

GO GREEN!

GO WHITE!

GO SPARTANS!

TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!

HOOO AAH!

Pollux

Just to repost since it's big news (potentially)

Maybe.

@KyleTucker_CJ
Wasn't over there at the moment, but apparently Kidd-Gilchrist told reporters he's graduating from UK, not going anywhere. Said not joking.

@KySportsRadio
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist tells reporters he is not going anywhere at the end of the season...then insists he is not joking.

scoobs

So just got back from the after-party from the KU/MU game. That game was INTENSE and pretty insane to see live. Decibel level got to 127.3 when Thomas Robinson blocked that shot, breaking the record in NCAA basketball... ya, it was loud.

Once in a lifetime experience, so happy i was there

SyNapSe

Just to repost since it's big news (potentially)

and Tristan Thompson was returning to Tejas after the tournament last season. It's pointless banter. Only the actions matter. I enjoy watching kidd-gilchrist as he seems to be a 110% energy player. Dunno if that'll translate to the next level.

Just went to nbadraft.net and it has him going #9. If that's even marginally accurate, he should go.. Even if you barely hang on for 8 seasons you can easily make enough to live a very comfortable life.

Pollux

and Tristan Thompson was returning to Tejas after the tournament last season. It's pointless banter. Only the actions matter. I enjoy watching kidd-gilchrist as he seems to be a 110% energy player. Dunno if that'll translate to the next level.

Just went to nbadraft.net and it has him going #9. If that's even marginally accurate, he should go.. Even if you barely hang on for 8 seasons you can easily make enough to live a very comfortable life.

While I agree he should go, I think it's interesting to discuss.

SyNapSe

While I agree he should go, I think it's interesting to discuss.

Discuss what? Whether he's an idiot if he doesn't go assuming he is a lottery pick? There is nothing to discuss, IMO. He should go before people realize he has little in the way to offer the NBA like Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom