• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioMutant - Announcement Trailer (from ex-Just Cause/Mad Max Devs)

OmegaDL50

Avalanche in Stockholm did not develop Just Cause 3.

Yeah it was Avalanche NY who handled Just Cause 3.

The main studio (now former I guess) in Stockholm had nothing to do with JC3, they did however develop JC1, JC2, and Mad Max.

I don't think I would be as interested in this game as much as I am if former Avalanche NY devs were involved, thankfully that isn't the case.

hydruxo

I think a lot of people are holding out for some gameplay. CG trailers often get a particular kind of reaction on Gaf...

Fortunately the reaction for this one has been overwhelmingly positive it seems. Hope we get some gameplay soon. It'll be interesting to see how it plays.

GAF 2012: "Dust: AET Sucks, it's all Furry Deviantart shit."

GAF 2017: "A Raccoon with a giant sword?! GIMMIE!"

:)

Preordering the Collectors edition. Want my damn paws on that figurine.

Reivaxe

Character Customization that allows you to turn this critter into a damn Mech?

Can I make a cute lil Fox Girl?

Aselith

This is sounding better and better. Good Avalanche is my jam!

Preordering the Collectors edition. Want my damn paws on that figurine.

Well the art in Dust looked like a Flash game so it really does look lame at first blush. I'd imagine that certainly plays into mocking it.

dlauv

This looks neat -- it's giving me some Oddworld vibes. I wonder how the combat will hold up to something like Nier.

2012:
maxresdefault.jpg

2013-05-25_00007.jpg

2017:
DHwNZBrUQAA-R11.jpg:orig

DHwNDjbUIAEm7A0.jpg

Can you honestly blame anyone?

Sigh zero gameplay. The magazine ad was way more exciting. Not getting hyped for this until I actually see it.

I'll guess a late 2019 game and not an early 2018 release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
all these recent posts are telling me that gaf ain't updated with furry shit (not that it matters, furrygaf is dead as roadkill)

Greenzxy

It would be cool if they made it like Jak and Daxter where you got your open world area, but once you get to certain points on the map, it turns into a traditional platform level.
I know that's probably asking too much for THQ, but it'd be an instant buy for me.

It would be cool if they made it like Jak and Daxter where you got your open world area, but once you get to certain points on the map, it turns into a traditional platform level.
I know that's probably asking too much for THQ, but it'd be an instant buy for me.

Im hoping there are hand crafted sections to go along wit the world generation.

dex3108

Huge props to THQ Nordic they are becoming really great mid tier publisher. In my opinion they are way better than Deep Silver for example.

Nightfall

It's like a Rocket Raccoon game without the Marvel license.

Loving what I'm seeing. Customizable mechs, kung-fu action, open world, Just Cause developers.
I'll be there day 1.

El-Suave

While looking for the CE on Amazon.de I discovered that there seems to be a Techno band called "Biomutant" in Germany, they haven't released much but they have that name. Hope that doesn't get the game into trouble but you'd think the publisher would have done the research.

PaulloDEC

Very interesting. Doesn't look super polished for some reason - but I'm very interested.

Pretty much this. Looks like a work-in-progress right now, but we're probably still at least 6 months away from launch, so there's time.

Hard to get a sense of the combat from such a tiny glimpse; hopefully we see some direct feed or something later.

Top Bottom