• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioMutant - Announcement Trailer (from ex-Just Cause/Mad Max Devs)

Stiler

So it's not from the Mutant pen and paper rpg then?

I hope there's more rpg elements to it at least, quests, npc's to talk to, etc rather then a straight up action game a la Just Cause.

Psxphile

Bio Force Marmaset

You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations such as mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations including telekinesis, levitation and more.

CtOTBMqUMAA-M5R.jpg

This is looking absolutely amazing, THQ Nordic seems to be on the right track. First they announce to Darksiders fans that D3 is coming, and now announce a new IP that looks incredible, if combat looks good on the gameplay trailer, I'm buying this day one.

Day 1. Love being able to create my own weapons and having a character mutate and change along with my style of play will be really cool.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
More screens :D

Really liking how customizable the main character looks. Distinct colors, armors, weapons, and apparently mutations.The art style itself is pretty cool, I love the bright colors and bizarre almost alien looking environments.

Also I don't see anyone calling it out but it looks like our main character takes a page from Max Payne with all the shots of him diving to one side while firing his weapons.

Stiler

Does that mean we can customize the main character?

Yes, it seems like not only can you change him but also as you explore the world he will be changed depending on where you explore and things you encounter within the environment.

IE:
" exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations such as mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations including telekinesis, levitation and more."

Espada

Not enthused by the people making this game (Just Cause and Mad Max were just okay to me), but damn if I'm not hooked by the concept for this. 3rd person melee combat with customizable weapons, with a character that you can mutate for further customization.

Psxphile said:
Screenshot

Yup, Evo: The Search for Eden came to mind when I was reading the info on this game.

Yes, it seems like not only can you change him but also as you explore the world he will be changed depending on where you explore and things you encounter within the environment.

IE:
" exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to physical mutations such as mantis-claws and barbed tails, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations including telekinesis, levitation and more."

Wow!! This game will be huge!

sn00zer

Mmhmm

Getting some nice Darksiders vibes
Getting some nice cancelled Naughty Dog game vibes
Getting some nice ps2 era vibes
Getting some nice art direction vibes
Getting some FF13Versus vibes

Mmhmm

This legitamately is now my most anticipated game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought you'd be excited for a AAA game with anthropomorphic animals :p

I should be but the design though? feels so common, like far cry or watch dogs but with a furry critter, and like I said, the descriptor for the game has some flags that I tend to avoid

also I'm more of a kemono guy

Playsage

I'm in.

The body mutation concept is super interesting

Also, gonna build a badass staff and go Son Goku on everyone's ass

RedSwirl

Based on the description and developers this might be really cool. At best I see this being RPG-style gameplay mixed with a Just Cause-style sandbox world. Hopefully this (and more open-world games honestly) start following Breath of the Wild's example and just let you go anywhere at the start of the game.

Man, I was so in seeing the leaked info and ad in that other thread and it's so awesome seeing the attention the game I getting. Even getting a CE. Good vibes. I haven't bought a CE for the AAA titles I've enjoyed this gen (passed on UC4's and Horizon's for instance), but this is close to being a maybe.

Hyped!

Gbraga

This looks like a PS2 game, in the best way possible.

BioMutant |OT| Rules of Nature

I'm down if the gameplay trailer is good.

Top Bottom