• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I just watched like 5 minutes of that stream.

I liked the demo enough at TGS but holy shit I am sold now.

I wish I understood how the online worked better and is there a list of all the classes and stuff?

Yeah, the game looks tough, but the combat looks smooth and fair...and man is this game gorgeous. Shame it's not first-person, though.

I really hope this makes its way to North America so I don't have to import it.

Raistlin

Audio seems really nice too.

Does anyone know if the guy chose Chinese? The text obviously ain't English.

Dante said:
Woah this game is no joke.....Average enemies look TOUGH.

Are you talking about the skeleton that keeps rolling? Not only did it seem pretty tough for a regular enemy, but it was able to spot the player from a rather long distance. And it was fast on top of that.

Dante

SolidSnakex said:
Are you talking about the skeleton that keeps rolling? Not only did it seem pretty tough for a regular enemy, but it was able to spot the player from a rather long distance. And it was fast on top of that.

Yup that's the one. :) These new zombie things look pretty agile as well.

Raistlin

Kagari said:
The voicing is in English with Japanese subtitles.

So let me get this straight.

Japanese version = English audio, with Japanese subs / menus

Asian version = English audio, with Chinese subs / menus or English menus

And there's no Western release?

wtf? lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Onix said:
So let me get this straight.

Japanese version = English audio, with Japanese subs / menus

Asian version = English audio, with Chinese subs / menus or English menus

And there's no Western release?

wtf? lol

I'd say look to SCEA/SCEE for that issue... I don't see why they didn't just do a worldwide release or something...

Dante

Jesus, The game is kinda like Ninja Gaiden in that you always have to be thinking about offensive and defensive maneuvering. Good stuff.

Kagari said:
:lol He fell, that was awesome.

Yeah I died at TGS from that. They rolled a flaming boulder down some staircases at me and I rolled out of the way only to fall to my death off the staircase. :lol :lol :lol :lol

dfyb said:
do you get more maneuvers later? and are there more weapon classes? spears etc?

At TGS i played an assassin type class with a small dagger. I was faster so the back attacks were easier.

I know thetrin used a huge two handed sword at TGS also.

Raistlin

Man ... the atmosphere, and the sound effects (especially the baddies) are REALLY causing King's Field flashbacks.

This really does look to be an action-oriented version of KF.

dfyb

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
At TGS i played an assassin type class with a small dagger. I was faster so the back attacks were easier.

I know thetrin used a huge two handed sword at TGS also.
oh nice. do you commit to one class for the entire game or can you go back and forth?

jiggle

awww back to grinding spot again

AgentOtaku said:
Any idea what the guy is looking for or doing?

he recovered a "lost soul" in the fortress level. no idea what was the objective in that mines

Xabora

Wow, now thats a pita spot.
Arrow to the back. :O

EDIT: Ragdoll physics reminds me of the ones from UT2003. :lol

He was just destroyed by a dragon. He'd healed himself to about 75% energy and one blast of fire from that dragon drained his energy down to where you could only see a tiny piece of red.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
SolidSnakex said:
He was just destroyed by a dragon. He'd healed himself to about 75% energy and one blast of fire from that dragon drained his energy down to where you could only see a tiny piece of red.
And then he died again soon after. Ouch!

The dragon really surprised me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom