• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 PC Ultra screenshots

etta

my hard graphic balls
Draw distance comparison:

2015-11-02_00004.jpg

Should I even make these comparisons? Probably another thread, right? I'll delete if so.

tuxfool

Banned
Wtf how does this not look "good"? I think I've completely missed the boat on what constitutes cutting edge graphics after not having a PC for so long. The style is nice, good lighting, beautiful atmospheres.

It isn't bad. Just nothing impressive for ultra settings.

Tovarisc

Since these got broken off into their own thread, these were shots sent to me to be posted on GAF. I don't think I'll be getting any more.

Your source delivered the goods, thanks to source and to you for these shots. Game is looking good with some lackluster textures here and there, can't wait to play this on my PC.

Piggus

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I don't see the distant shadows in the reveal footage. I'm not 100% convinced that's not console footage shown on stage.

Even if they're not there, it will probably be really easy to just edit the INI and improve shadow distance.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
My impressions would be:

1.) The shadowing is better by a fair margin.
2.) The material lighting appears to apply to more surfaces, but I'm not sure if it's all surfaces still.
3.) The textures are improved, but still not astonishing.
4.) The geometry is still really simple, though the mild displacement mapping helps somewhat.

It's better than the PS4 version, certainly, but I'm not falling out of my chair here by any means.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really bad for PC ultra, I guess people who enjoy the series aren't buying it for the graphics though.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
What are the ps4 shots everyone keeps mentioning as comparison? I thought most of the released media was Xbone stuff

Wtf how does this not look "good"? I think I've completely missed the boat on what constitutes cutting edge graphics after not having a PC for so long. The style is nice, good lighting, beautiful atmospheres.

What's with these comments? Some people just don't think it looks that good. No need to get defensive about it.

I don't think it looks that good either, but I don't really care. It's definitely fine enough.

Sometimes I wonder where this whole "the post apocalypse is a desert with a yellow/green sky" thing comes from. Is it from The Road Warrior? Because the sky was blue in The Road Warrior, and the reason it was a desert is because it was in Australia, which is already a giant desert.

Fallout 1 and 2 were in a desert too because... it took place in the American Southwest, which is also already a desert. What little artwork showed the sky in those games showed a blue one.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Draw distance, but it's kinda hard to compare when one image has a much more vast view than the other.

I changed it with the other picture that I think is a bit better.

But I should probably delete them anyway, right? The last Fallout graphics thread got pretty weird.

My impressions would be:

1.) The shadowing is better by a fair margin.
2.) The material lighting appears to apply to more surfaces, but I'm not sure if it's all surfaces still.
3.) The textures are improved, but still not astonishing.
4.) The geometry is still really simple, though the mild displacement mapping helps somewhat.

It's better than the PS4 version, certainly, but I'm not falling out of my chair here by any means.

This.
My tl;dr impressions: barely better than the PS4 version, except the shadows.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Expected a lot better damnit. I think I'll probably play it on the PS4 first and get it later on the PC when mods start showing up.

You know how modders ripped a lot of armors from The Witcher 2 and what not and put them in Skyrim? How long until all the costumes from Battlefront are modded into Fallout 4?

LaffTrack

Neo Member
That's some really tight pants. Also the textures don't look the greatest but I don't play games for the texture resolution. Still pumped.

Stasis

Looks OK. Not TW3 levels (PC, high settings), but better than previous FO's. Admittedly that's not saying a hell of a lot but some shots were pretty good.

It's enough for me to be happy for this type of game. I don't play FO for the graphics. Though it's going to be a lot harder to accept lesser graphics in huge open world games because of TW3, now.

Lowmelody

Yup the PC ver looks good enough and through the years the mod scene will polish it's rough edges. Well as far as this incarnation of Gamebryo will allow anyways.

jackdoe

But they are there in the ultra screens. If they were guna show PC footage on stage you'd think they would have it on ultra.
Watch the announcement footage or MS E3 conference footage again, focusing on the part where you first exit the vault. Shadow and foliage LOD is set to the same distance as the Ultra screenshots and doesn't match the PS4 version at all.

Top Bottom