• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Why give 80% of the roster their old costumes in the first place?
Have we seen Lee yet?

We haven't seen:
Lee
Julia
Marduk
Jin
D.Jin
Ganryu
Bruce
A.King
Nina
Anna
Kuma
Baek
Yoshi
Zafina
Bob
Miguel
Lei
Christie/Eddie
Wang
Jack
Raven

We haven't seen most of the cast lol.

I expect Jin/D.Jin merged character grand reveal near arcade release. Unless poster boy since T3 is no more.

On their place I'd hype up release by doing character trailers showing of badass combos and new moves. As soon as they're finished developing that character.(I really don't want copy paste approach). Because, yeah, February is First Arcade "Pre-Final" - March is Final Arcade. Wonder how many characters are actually finished for release. I still think that this rapid arcade release is madness.

100 posts per page, so page 2 finally for some.

Standing down from defcon brown, ad and image blockers can return to their normal function.

Anyway, are they going with classic time release on some chars, or we supposed to get 100% roster before final build?

Degen

I am #LegitShook

My friends teamed up to buy me a 400-dollar watch for Christmas man... I'm scared to even wear it... and my gf bought me a watch for my birthday 3 months ago so now what...

oh yeah Tekken

I'm watching this video (NJartisan vs Knee)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO32lyujhFw

...and trying to take notes from Knee's teams, but it's like there are barely any to take because the characters are so stupid. I love it

AAK

I rarely ever check the comments after the first day... I just looked now. Damn. I removed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I am #LegitShook

My friends teamed up to buy me a 400-dollar watch for Christmas man... I'm scared to even wear it... and my gf bought me a watch for my birthday 3 months ago so now what...

Damn I can relate... I got a really expensive watch as well from my family after graduating. I refused to wear it out of fear of getting robbed or losing it. Only wore it to weddings and formal dinners. The battery eventually died a couple years later.

sasuke_91

Stupid Format, Stupid Host, Stupid Guest, Stupid Idea. Go home and kill yourself

Damn, why are people so full of hate? People act like assholes just because they're anonymous. The internet produces some fucked up personalities.

Dereck

What I'm saying is, what kind of person would go on Capcom Unity and leave a racist comment about an interview with Justin Wong? Probably someone who plays Street Fighter.

GrayFoxPL

So I grabbed two of the stories from last night's ATP stream. Subbing was so worth it lol.

http://youtu.be/Gme9UoL9piU

http://youtu.be/Q6LzW09F-fM

Edit: Looks like he uploaded the second one. Switched the link to his.

Oh man. Amazing stories! Thanks for that.

What I'm saying is, what kind of person would go on Capcom Unity and leave a racist comment about an interview with Justin Wong? Probably someone who plays Street Fighter.

I don't understand why you even pointed it out. Someone said something shitty and dumb - "Oh that only could say Tekken player", I'm like wtf. If you already assumed AVP comments are only made by Tekken players, why pointing it out and expressing it like that. "can only by someone who plays Tekken" that just sounds wrong. And you don't even know what he plays. Don't put us in the same shitpool.

I'm surprised the comment lasted that long on ATP. Can the mods log that guys IP or something to prevent more of the same? IDK.

Anyway, I think I may need help. I got online yesterday after almost a year of avoiding it and... I didn't get mad. WTF. Got rekt, dropped combos, and lagged like a mofo ... and, nothing.

No urge to play controller discus, no need to do a WWF backbreaker on my TV, no desire to play Jerry Springer chair toss, nada. More shits were given at a Wisconsin cheese factory than at my place last night.

Weird.

AAK

With whatever mod privileges I have on the site, I can only remove comments. I have no idea how to access IP's or even if I'm allowed to. the site runs on a system where any anonymous person can give their input. To change that would require TieTTY, and his availability does seem pretty limited.

So I grabbed two of the stories from last night's ATP stream. Subbing was so worth it lol.

http://youtu.be/Gme9UoL9piU

http://youtu.be/Q6LzW09F-fM

Edit: Looks like he uploaded the second one. Switched the link to his.

OK I lost it at the Wet Towel thing.

Doomshine

Nice footage and good quality. Did I see Lars actually walking back? Nice. Yeah, this is looking more like Tekken Revolution than TTT2 the more I see it, but I think the walking animation looks much better than the weird looking retreating animation TTT2 had. It's just more fluid looking imo.

Listening to what Jimmy said on ATP it seems like they took a lot of stuff directly from Tekken Revolution, probably so they could get it to a playable state quickly.

I ordered the Wii U version online last night with an Amazon gift card. Also bought a Wii Fighting Stick off of Ebay. I'm still used to playing Tekken 3, so I'm quite excited for a major upgrade.

I look forward to getting my ass kicked online.

I played Fab once in ranked. He used Julia/someone I don't remember, because he never had to tag out. :(

For a one game situation, I don't think I've ever felt as helpless as then. Maybe when I played against Anakin my first night online, but that shouldn't count lol.

AAK

Got a new TV and man, Tekken feels like a completely different game. Dat minimal input lag.

How is Tekken GAF doing these days? First time posting in the new OT. :)

Dereck

So this is kind of a stupid question, but what's considered the best console version of the game?
The Wii U version has modes that the PS3/360 ports do not. Tekken Ball, and a Nintendo themed mode where you fight using Mario Bros. items like stars and Mushrooms. The online is bare bones, you can't create lobbies, ranked and non ranked are reduced to random matches.

The PS3/360 have identical features, better online, and a larger amount of people that play online.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The Wii U version has modes that the PS3/360 ports do not. Tekken Ball, and a Nintendo themed mode where you fight using Mario Bros. items like stars and Mushrooms. The online is bare bones, you can't create lobbies, ranked and non ranked are reduced to random matches.

The PS3/360 have identical features, better online, and a larger amount of people that play online.

Didn't the Wii U version suffer from some decreased visual effects, though? Not sure if those issues were patched.

Dereck

I'm grateful that some top American Tekken players are generous enough to play with their fans, a true privilege for me.

I'm grateful that some top American Tekken players are generous enough to play with their fans, a true privilege for me.

That's because the general FGC still plays online regardless of skill level. Unless they completely dislike online, you'll find them in sessions every once in awhile.

Xevren

Damn, rip was playing against jdcr online tonight. Was pretty fun to watch some of it, hope he puts it up on youtube.

So this is kind of a stupid question, but what's considered the best console version of the game?

Honestly, I think each version have their advantages, but the PS3 version to my knowledge doesn't have noticeable slowdown and the most lively community. I you are looking to play online the most, I recommend the PS3 version, but there are probably a lot of solid to near-professional players online now so look out if you do not have an abundance of patience.

X360 version imo probably looks the best by an extremely slight margin by approximately 10% probably due to the upscaled resolution, at least on my HDTV so results may vary. The X360 suffer from a little slowdown here and there, especially the snow stage when the action gets chaotic. Sort of distracting at times, but nothing to worrying in heated battle. The online community isn't as busy as PS3 from my experience, but it still gets some traffic.

Wii U version to my knowledge also has some slowdown and the graphics/effects aren't quite as good in certain areas, but it has the most extras like Tekken Ball and the Nintendo-themed outfits. I have no idea what the community is like on Wii U, but I would imagine that it wouldn't be as busy as PS3 or even Xbox 360. I could be wrong though.

Didn't the Wii U version suffer from some decreased visual effects, though? Not sure if those issues were patched.

You can probably find some answers in these:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom