• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

I think you have a strict nat.

If you have some game that shows online nat we would make sure.

DOA5 and SF3d strike shows NAT for example. Generally open/green is direct unrestricted connection, moderate/yellow is router connection what most people roll and strict/red is connection where firewall doesn't allow to open needed ports.

Call of Duty MW2/3 and BO2 all show NAT Open. The PS3 shows NAT 2. Tekken is the only game that is somewhat... special.
I have my own router connected to the modem my ISP gave me. I had my PS3 connected to the router, which has a firewall, and opened DMZ for the IP adress of my PS3. Now I tried connecting it to the modem and opening some ports, but I called my ISP and they told me that the modem doesn't have a firewall, so opening ports does nothing.
I'm confused, so I'll just wait for January 5th :p

and I made a sweet Katarina costume and everything.
Didn't even get to see it :(

GrayFoxPL

Call of Duty MW2/3 and BO2 all show NAT Open. The PS3 shows NAT 2. Tekken is the only game that is somewhat... special.
I have my own router connected to the modem my ISP gave me. I had my PS3 connected to the router, which has a firewall, and opened DMZ for the IP adress of my PS3. Now I tried connecting it to the modem and opening some ports, but I called my ISP and they told me that the modem doesn't have a firewall, so opening ports does nothing.
I'm confused, so I'll just wait for January 5th :p

Didn't even get to see it :(

Should work then.

Have you tried lowering the mtu on ps3? Go through connection settings, leave everything like it was but lower mtu by 8 until it works. Turn off and on console.
Something has to work eventually.

Manbig

If any of you peeps are like me and hate looking at bright backgrounds on sites like Twitch, then check this thing out.

https://userstyles.org/styles/78830/twitch-tv-dark-black-customisable-theme

It's a godsend. I feel like my vision is seriously starting to screw up a bit, and staring at white backgrounds for too long has been doing me no favors.

Also, Aris getting at Censedsonic today was another fine Aris rage moment. I think I know who Aris' "Bitch of the year" might be.

If any of you peeps are like me and hate looking at bright backgrounds on sites like Twitch, then check this thing out.

https://userstyles.org/styles/78830/twitch-tv-dark-black-customisable-theme

It's a godsend. I feel like my vision is seriously starting to screw up a bit, and staring at white backgrounds for too long has been doing me no favors.

Also, Aris getting at Censedsonic today was another fine Aris rage moment. I think I know who Aris' "Bitch of the year" might be.

But Twitch has theater mode now which does basically the same thing.

Decent ATP episode, but a bit disappointed that they didn't take advantage of bitch of the year material. Missed opportunity IMO.

And BL ... well, he's a weirdbutt© anyway.

sasuke_91

Should work then.

Have you tried lowering the mtu on ps3? Go through connection settings, leave everything like it was but lower mtu by 8 until it works. Turn off and on console.
Something has to work eventually.
I tried 1500 and 1492. Didn't lower it any more than that. Right now it's set to Automatic.

Doomshine

dJ2OumT.jpg
tl1eo1P.jpg
6cVfX9T.jpg

There are probably better characters for making her, but I only play Leo and Zafina. Had to make the stripes on the pants with decals.

AAK

Damn GrayFox... you a networking Wizard. OK so let me try this out, the best port to open for Tekken is 1492? Any one else? Any other settings I should put on my router to ensure the best output?

I didn't even realize our thread was up until today woah.

Anyway, those Evo videos makes me drool! Such awesome matches, and such a stark reminder, that I'll forever be shit at Tekken.

I will beat you all when Tekken 7 comes along, if you all train me that is haha.

There is no better teacher than experience my friend :) But just make sure you understand the game to contemplate why thing happen the way they do when you play. I'm trying to play GGXrd right now and I don't know WTF is going on and why stuff is happening. Also combo's in that game are brutal. Speaking of which, Manny did you get GGXrd yet? I remember you posting about being tentatively interested in it.

Yeah AAK, that was some solid shit, if there wasn't a currency system I would be playing TR instead of Tag

You guys should have seen this guy yesterday, he was schooling me. Even without optimizing the juggles and half the time bounding me during his juggles my mistake the scorecount was still something like 7-4 in my favor. It really showed how you've matured in Tekken fundamentals and how my victories in TTT2 mainly come from overwhelming you with character specific stuff. I can definitely see you besting me consistently when T7 comes out.

dJ2OumT.jpg
tl1eo1P.jpg
6cVfX9T.jpg

There are probably better characters for making her, but I only play Leo and Zafina. Had to make the stripes on the pants with decals.

Dunno if you saw that Lars/Angel player that Aris fought sometimes when he streamed ranked. He had a ridiculously customed Angel that looked like Katarina with the jacket and all. He made a decal of the bra + belly for that along with pretty detailed stripes on the pants too. Have no idea how he did it.

Dereck

Anyone have any idea why when I play both Tekken Tag and TR, everyone is 1 bar, and the game always fails to upload data?

Try ping test too. May be having dropped packets even if his speed is fine. And that can come from a bunch of things. Also... Wifi? Ethernet? Others on the network like family or roommates? Pr0ns, torrents, Netflix etc?

Maybe you could hire 9th pixel to do some gamer recon for ya. IDK. Team Viewer to the rescue, I think.

Edit--
@AAK looks like the (Charlie) SHAHEEN article comments needs another clean sweep, FYI.

Edit 2--
Damn, ATP is so full of ads and redirects. Three times I tried to reload the Charlie Shaheen page and the next thing I'm looking at an Ellen degeneres blog ... Lol

AAK

GG's today Manny. After having like 50 tickets around a year ago I'm down to 9. I remember losing like 10 one day to NinthPixel :p But yeah, most of them went down to 150+ power characters Dragon Tailing and stringing me to death against my 0 stat Julia :p.

Also, KiT numbers are up:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l3YWPiTI8KlBFx_ms_9KxQIj9ISW7NJFcJSLzK0Maqk/edit#gid=0

Only 60 entrants for a Tekken major. Only 4 people from Atlanta (Obsucre, Pokchop, Jackie Tran, and one other guy) too. Hope Final Round fairs better. At this point T7 needs to come ASAP, TTT2 is pretty much finished.

Manbig

Everything is back to normal now, for no reason

If it's a constant issue, then I think you should take a peek at your cables and call your ISP man. You might just have a bad modem or something.

GGs AAK. You stole all 19 of me tickets! I've gotta dig up the account info on that other account that I have Drag on. I have no clue what the password is for either the PSN or E Mail lol.

EDIT: Holy shit I just realized that I was just streaming for over 6 hours. Time just fucking flies by when you're playing this dumb game man lol. At least I scored Pugilist rank out of that I guess. It was worth it!
It wasn't worth it...

sasuke_91

Damn GrayFox... you a networking Wizard. OK so let me try this out, the best port to open for Tekken is 1492? Any one else? Any other settings I should put on my router to ensure the best output?
He wasn't talking about ports. He meant MTU in the PS3's network settings. It is normally set to Automatic and he told me to set it to 1492 and see if it works out.

He wasn't talking about ports. He meant MTU in the PS3's network settings. It is normally set to Automatic and he told me to set it to 1492 and see if it works out.

What MTU setting you have to chosse deffer from a connection to other and there isn't a number that works for everyone. Follow this simple guide to figure out the optimum setting for you connection.

Manbig

Nobody tested this game. Nobody.

Z9Sz9Fj.gif

This is the kind of bullshit that happens when your game has a half baked backturned system. This kind of shit happens way too often. Seemingly in Tekken 6 and Tag 2 specifically. So ever since they changed it so that you turn around from backturned much faster basically.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah but you should test it even lower. People go even as low as 1468. Somewhere on your router settings there's place where actual mtu of router is shown. If that number is lower then ps3 mtu then online communication won't work right. It's like PS3: "I'm sending packed of 1492 bytes of info!" Router: "No go. I can only go 1470. I'll fragment your packed and send it in parts." PS3: "I'm screwed.". Sometimes you can increase mtu on router but it may be unstable and simply disconnect you more often. There is a way to ping mtu from your router to now for sure what is your optimal mtu but I totally forgot how.

sasuke_91

Yeah but you should test it even lower. People go even as low as 1468. Somewhere on your router settings there's place where actual mtu of router is shown. If that number is lower then ps3 mtu then online communication won't work right. It's like PS3: "I'm sending packed of 1492 bytes of info!" Router: "No go. I can only go 1470. I'll fragment your packed and send it in parts." PS3: "I'm screwed.". Sometimes you can increase mtu on router but it may be unstable and simply disconnect you more often. There is a way to ping mtu from your router to now for sure what is your optimal mtu but I totally forgot how.

Have a Nice Day already posted a guide for finding the optimal MTU value, but thanks anyway.
Soo, my optimal MTU seems to be 1460. Packages didn't have to be fragmented from 1432 and below, adding 28 to that makes it 1460. I gotta try this out on the PS3 now.

GrayFoxPL

Have a Nice Day already posted a guide for finding the optimal MTU value, but thanks anyway.
Soo, my optimal MTU seems to be 1460. Packages didn't have to be fragmented from 1432 and below, adding 28 to that makes it 1460. I gotta try this out on the PS3 now.

Totally missed this but this was what I was searching for. If you set it like that it should be optimal for ps3. Hope it works.

I pinged neogaf to check and it seems I got 1500 mtu. First time, on my old routers it was sometimes 1450.

Don't forget to reset ps3 after setting mtu.

sasuke_91

Guys! It works perfectly! I set MTU to 1460 and went to World Arena, where I challenged a US player I NEVER managed to connect with. It worked without a problem. Then I PMed AAK and asked if he wanted to test the connection with me (thanks bro) and he could enter my lobby on first try and we played 2 games without a problem :)
Thanks a lot GrayFoxPL. Not the first time you helped me with this game ;p And thank you for the link Have a Nice Day (confusing name).
And good games AAK. I would have liked to play a few more games but I had to go.

So happy right now xD

GrayFoxPL

Great it worked man! Finally! Wrong mtu is what's causing most connection problems, games like SoulCalibur V wont even connect to 90% of matches without correct mtu so that's even worse then Tekken.

Glad it helped out. I went through the process years ago and found mine was 1500. Went through it again, and still 1500.

Other than that I am sure Ports have been mentioned, but we can mention them again.

Port Forwarding
Different websites give a few different numbers, but this is my setup.
80-80 (Browser)
443-443 (Browser)
1935-1935 (Twitch)
3478-3478 (Game)
3479-3479 (Game)
3480-3480 (Game)
3658-3658 (Game)
5223-5223 (Game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3XBHE4PdVU
This video explains it pretty well. Even though he goes over PS4 numbers. Which seems like we will have a lot less numbers to deal with in Tekken 7. But till then we need these extra ones that I mentioned above.

GrayFoxPL

From Harada's twitter ppl say these are very positive articles.

Btw I think I know Arabic.

I totally understood: "Tekken", "PS4" and "Xbox One".

LMAO that picture of Harada in that headgear. Dude is a straight up clown. Imagine what he would look like if he cosplay'd support for Bob (Get in mah Belleh!), Lars (that Something about Mary hair), or hell.... even Lucky Chloe.

Harada in LC cosplay. We need to make this happen.

sasuke_91

The connection between us wasn't so laggy in the past. I have no idea what's wrong lately. Sorry, boutdown.
But good games, guys. I'll see what I can do about the lag.

Damn, that newspaper reminds me that I should definitely learn some proper Arabic. I can't read a text without vowels^^
The title says "Shaheen, the Saudi fighter in the next Tekken game"

Fraeon

I've been kind of down on TTT2 lately thanks to lack of new people to play and generally the game I feel is getting stale.

But if some (northern) Euro guys feel like adding me, my PSN is Fraelynn, we could have some matches some time. My team is pretty unorthodox, so even if I'm not that good, you might learn a thing or two from the characters I play. I think.

GrayFoxPL

I've been kind of down on TTT2 lately thanks to lack of new people to play and generally the game I feel is getting stale.

But if some (northern) Euro guys feel like adding me, my PSN is Fraelynn, we could have some matches some time. My team is pretty unorthodox, so even if I'm not that good, you might learn a thing or two from the characters I play. I think.

I'm from Poland. I got good connection across Europe, 4-5 bars. I'll add you. I'm GrayFoxPL on PSN.

I suck lately trying to change old button layout and then change it buck again, everything is messed up in execution. So don't expect some killer gameplay. But seeking good fun. We need more Euro players badly.

What teams you rock?

Fraeon

I'm from Poland. I got good connection across Europe, 4-5 bars. I'll add you. I'm GrayFoxPL on PSN.

I suck lately trying to change old button layout and then change it buck again, everything is messed up in execution. So don't expect some killer gameplay. But seeking good fun. We need more Euro players badly.

What teams you rock?

Alex/Lili
Angel/Lili
Roger/Jinpachi
Heihachi/Anna

I know that the Alex/Lili team isn't all that common since I've found everything there is to find to that team myself and never really seen anyone else suggesting combos or setups for that team anywhere.

sasuke_91

My PSN is UchihaSasuke_91
I'm from Germany and yeah, we definitely need more European players.

I connected my PS3 to my router again and set the router's MTU to 1460, too. I think the reason for the lag was the ports not being opened. My router has DMZ enabled, so I hope that's not a problem anymore.
I went to ranking and played quite a few matches. A whole new experience for me :p
And I got Xiaoyu and Leo to Berserker^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom