• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Beats

made some fanart for minette.

minetteiyyec.png

Ultimadrago

All of this time laughing at the character salt. Oh, you liked Brain Drain. That worked out nicely.

My hubris has cost me much. Juju. :(

Your optimism was too overbearing! :(

Yeah, looking that way.

The legal stuff is taking longer than we expected, and we don't want to delay the second vote for it.

So she's out of the storyline completely? Does that mean you'll create a new sniper?

I thought the legal work was to keep the character in general. I didn't think her implied existence needed to be cut out in-game because paperwork wouldn't make it in time for fan voting. At worst, if the other party was cooperative, I believed she would eventually be legalized for Lab Zero despite not being available in time to vote for fan voting as a playable character.

Moonlight

Banned
jCRgkBorALY2G.jpg

Moonlight's going to cry forever
No. No tears here. Just... salt. I should have been like Ultima. I shouldn't have believed. :(

Now is the time to pick myself up.

tumblr_mldvi9yxVg1s0vtb8o1_1280.png

...on the bright side, my decision on who to back in the second vote hasn't been complicated much. Gonna go all in on Team Space Time Continuum, and hope Isaac has a decent shot next time (since Annie is obviously winning this round). I'll push Eliza, Black Dahlia, and... eh, Minette for the first round, too. I'll always be Team Juju in my heart of hearts, though.

But, Ravid, if you don't mind me asking (and if it's sensitive, don't worry about answering), is there any reason you need to excise her from the game entirely? I get that you'd need to drop her from the potential roster because of complicated legal stuff threatening to hold up the vote, but forever? Are you guys just figuring it's more trouble than she's worth? I could understand that, if so.

EDIT:

Your optimism was too overbearing! :(
image.php

The sister of Juju/Brother will save the day (We knew that because of the fan creation etc it would be hard)
It... it won't be the same. :(

TheOGB

Banned
[Allegedly] unfortunate about Juju
I ain't even mad tho

------------------ Extra gameplay prototypes for unloved characters ------------------
Beatrix - Switch, Pacman projectile reflect
Dahlia - doily mixup
Roxie - build a thing?
D. Violet - force crouch
but this... me gusta

#TeamBeatrixAin'tThatBad
#TeamBlackPeople
#TeamCable
#2lewd4me

goddammit I can't push 8+ people in Round 2
or can I...?

Even though I wasn't all that interested in Juju it sucks for all the fans who were. It seemed many people believed she was a top contender for the 2nd vote so it'll be interesting to see how things turn out.

Can't wait to see more prototype gameplay clips. We all know Mike Z is a busy man but I would love if we could get as many of those as we can before the 2nd vote starts.

I'm glad Mike's doing prototypes for the lesser popular characters, without them we would just see the same characters every round with some slight changes.

Ravidrath

Wait, what happened to juju?

I don't know if you can answer this, but what kind of legal issues do you have, ravidath?

Legal paperwork still isn't done yet, going slower than expected.

We don't want to delay the second vote for her, so we're just going to drop her for now.

03:04 Vadsamoht Just wanted to let you all know before I forget, that Skullheart is very nearly ready to move servers - I just need to ge one last response from Autumn's server guy about nameservers. Confident that we will be back in business before the weekend, though.

Cross your fingers

LegatoB

Definitely interested in the Beatrix concept stuff Mike comes up with. She's easily the most interesting sounding of the circus troupe characters.

Ultimadrago

------------------ Extra gameplay prototypes for unloved characters ------------------
Beatrix - Switch, Pacman projectile reflect
Dahlia - doily mixup
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The salt brick hit me so hard last night I forgot to comment on these entirely.

I await Beatrix and B. Dahlia's prototype mechanics. They have been two of my favorites from the get-go.

Azure J

The salt brick hit me so hard last night I forgot to comment on these entirely.

I await Beatrix and B. Dahlia's prototype mechanics. They have been two of my favorites from the get-go.

I'm especially interested in how Dahlia's thing works. She was always my #3 under Feng and Eliza as long as she was in the running.

TheOGB

Banned
Edit: Post above me... Fuck. Yes.

Definitely interested in the Beatrix concept stuff Mike comes up with. She's easily the most interesting sounding of the circus troupe characters.
Yeah, her and Taliesin are easily the coolest circus folk*

*Feng is so cool she isn't even associated with the rest of them

Azure J

I'm already in a blood pact with Solar to push Annie for Eliza and Feng is still getting some votes until the top 8-2 votes only guys. Hmm.

Feng
Annie
Juju
Eliza

I guess I'd do it.

So Moonlight, you got anyone else you want me to push for next round?

Top Bottom