• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA's new Vita campaign is a #gamechanger

Duxxy3

The best campaign is an $80 price drop or $50 with included memory card. Other than that... don't bother.

AAK

Even if every company in the VG industry in the world developed all their games exclusive for the VITA still nobody would buy it. Just learn from this Sony, in today's world only a very very niche amount of people want a dedicated portable gaming machine.

This is the best the Vita will ever perform and they have to count their losses, deal with it, and move on.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's a million points. $10,000.

Obviously they were not going to give a million dollars, that'd be extremely sad.

Even if every company in the VG industry in the world developed all their games exclusive for the VITA still nobody would buy it. Just learn from this Sony, in today's world only a very very niche amount of people want a dedicated portable gaming machine.

This is the best the Vita will ever perform and they have to count their losses, deal with it, and move on.

TBF over 20 million units sold for the 3DS is hardly "niche". Perhaps you could say non Nintendo handhelds.

Even if every developer in the world developed all their games exclusive for the VITA still nobody would buy it. Just learn from this Sony, in today's world only a very very niche amount of people want a dedicated portable gaming machine.

Nonsense...>25 million people all around the world have bought the 3DS in less than two years.

Sony.. why.. ah

2mdhsp0.jpg1s2mzsskd.gif

Dabanton

I would think the idea of leaving whats left of the traditional handheld market all to Nintendo will ensure Sony won't leave anytime soon even if they lose even more money.

Leaving would ensure if they ever do make another handheld, consumer interest and trust will be even lower.

I actually wouldn't mind doing this. I recently bought a Vita and I'm fine with helping my friend out and getting him a $20 PSN Card. Anyone got the link to the program?

Nordell

Neo Member
I work in advertising and I can confirm that Sonys marketing is... Horrible. #gamechanger?? It doesn't say anything really... Who cares?

To me it seems like people who have no insight or interest in gaming are running the advertising department.

Most campaigns give out messages that are completely out of touch with gamers and youth. Sonys advertising department doesn't seem to understand what their target group wants to see. Or who they are. They're aiming for a non existent target group. Watching Sony ads, I get the same feeling I had when my parents tried to act "cool" infront of my friends. It's just not right.

Sadly it's very common that big companies rather pick people who have a fancy background to work on their accounts than people who are right for the job and have passion. It should be a mix.

There are SO many gaming fans out there in the world. Sony should just look into gaming communities to find people who can advice them and lead them in the right direction, cause honestly - right now they don't have a direction.

Has anyone seen a Vita in the wild? I've seen one and it's always the same guy in my subway commute.

Take the NYC subways every day...

Sat next to a guy with a 3DS today. I've seen about twenty 3DS's on the subway since it came out...and thousands upon thousands of phones.

Absolutely zero Vitas.

Oh boy 10,000 Monopoly monies. Can't wait to buy the entirety of Sony's web development team and still have 1000 left to print for toilet paper.

Mindlog

I actually applaud this effort. It's late for the Vita, but this is very close to what should happen with the PS4.

Hypothetical: Everyone that connects to SEN from a PS4 on launch day gets a special sticker attached to their 'gamer tag.' Let's say a Gold star. A smaller star is passed on to anyone that has a PS4 user logged in on their Friends List. That star is contagious STD style.

There has been a trophy/achievement or two that did this.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Sony should just look into gaming communities to find people who can advice them and lead them in the right direction [...]
Yeah... sounds like a good ide-

Hypothetical: Everyone that connects to SEN from a PS4 on launch day gets a special sticker attached to their 'gamer tag.' Let's say a Gold star. A smaller star is passed on to anyone that has a PS4 user logged in on their Friends List. That star is contagious STD style.
Oh never mind.

lool it's a shadier version of Nintendo's Wii wi-fi ambassador program :(
Now I'm curious. I get it. LOL marketing teh suck learn to business school whatever. But what is shady about this?

KalBalboa

Banned
Has anyone seen a Vita in the wild? I've seen one and it's always the same guy in my subway commute.

Saw a guy with one in front of a movie theater in NYC and two other guys at my college in Massachusetts. I see plenty on Near, but I don't know if that counts.

There's one person at my university with one. He only buys Sony products. (Not anything wrong with that.) I've only seen one person with a 3DS but I streetpass about 25 people every day I'm on campus.

Top Bottom