• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A Noire off screen switch gameplay

Looks very good. Curious about the differences when docked - all we have to go on right now is 1080p. But will there be other differences to LOD and texture filtering and antialiasing I wonder?

I loved LA Noire... back when it came out. I dont understand who would want to buy a new 400 dollar console just to buy reskinned xbox 360 games.

Seems to be a solid port, whatever value that has.

I loved LA Noire... back when it came out. I dont understand who would want to buy a new 400 dollar console just to buy reskinned xbox 360 games.

The exact same argument came up time and time again with the PS4 and One and remastered games and the same response applies to the Switch: These aren't system sellers if you're played the games before.

Edit: Actually, considering Switch's portability and the excitement a friend of mine has about playing this remaster I think these games can be system sellers. Portable GTA V would definitely be a draw if it happens.

Bickle2

GTAV is already coming.

This is just a reskinned port of the 360 version.

Assuming those sell sufficient quantities, expect the other 360 games to make it, but not that much beyond it as sales are unlikely to justify the massive expense of paring down, basically building from scratch Red Dead 2 on forward.

This port looks quite good, but I heard a lot of negative stuff about the game, so I'll probably pass. GTAV instead, would definitely be a system seller for me.

RootCause

I want to buy it, but I don't want to encourage them for putting half the game on the cart. Maybe when it's dirt cheap, and bought used.

GTA5 on Switch Nov 2018 if this even sells just a few units.
They should port the original trilogy from the mobile devices.

bufkus

No one is buying a 300 dollar console (its not 400 lol, unless you live in some 3rd world country) just for LA Noire.

You have to understand that not everyone has played LA Noire--I haven't--and this reskin port may be the first time many of us will try it.

ロキー;253013773 said:
RDR will most likely never be ported to another platform since it runs on spaghetti code.

that's fine. give me RDR2 instead.

I have a boxed copy of the game.

The finalised boxart is different to those on store pages - it has the PEGI logo (as it should) and there's the "Internet Download Required message" banner.

The game launches fine without update data installed, so you can start playing immediately. On the title screen a little message at the upper left appears briefly recommending you download a 6.45GB update to "unlock the full experience". But you can start a new game without this update while you wait for it to download.

Fbh

I often see people complaining about the Switch being too weak but I'm still impressed seeing stuff like this.

Doubt I'll get this since I didn't really like the game when it came out (to me one of the most disappointing games of last gen). But I'd definitely pick up other last gen ports if they ever come to the Switch

I doubt anyone is getting a Switch for this.
But there are probably lots of people that never played it when it was first released so they might want to pick it up now. Not every game released on a console has to be a system seller

ehead

Uh, can anyone confirm if it plays more like GTA4 or GTA5? I mean, for me, GTA4 feels floaty whenever you're driving, walking/running also feels weighty. GTA5 is more arcade-y, and movement is more precise.

f@luS

More than a member.
I should have gone for the switch version.
Bought Xbox One played 5min

Feels too « crisp » (I know strange ) and make all the old modeling pop too much. One of few game I would have wanted a softer picture. Still never played it so I will

chechi

I should have gone for the switch version.
Bought Xbox One played 5min

Feels too « crisp » (I know strange ) and make all the old modeling pop too much. One of few game I would have wanted a softer picture. Still never played it so I will

Interesting... that's what I was kind of affraid of. Like installing an old PC-Game nowadays and scalling it up to 4K. Its "crisp" but shows how old the game really is.

Would like to see Digial Foundrys take on it...

Top Bottom