• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

Angry Fork

Extremely shitty (literally) art style if real. Brown everywhere, very disappointing. One of the best things about Warhawk was it's cartoony look.

LiK

Afrikan said:
Then all those War of the Monsters fans can finally get some kind of fix.

I doubt it, but it would be crazy if there are different types of Vehicles per team, and when they choose to get close to each other, and TRANSFORM TO A SUPER MECH!!!11!!1! :O

devastator.jpg

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
jayb said:
How exactly were you expecting this? No way that they would remove ground combat from a Warhawk sequel. So were you expecting that all the maps would be in space, with space stations to land on to fight on foot/tank/jeep etc.? It might be fun for one map, but would get boring if all maps were like this.
You could play on small planeta, asteroids etc. with the planet being very close to space with a small/no atmosphere

Afrikan

Angry Fork said:
Extremely shitty (literally) art style if real. Brown everywhere, very disappointing. One of the best things about Warhawk was it's cartoony look.

dude, its just a couple of screen shots......Warhawk had a variety of environments. A couple of the screen shots look very similar to that one map that came with the DropShip DLC.

[Nintex]

iceatcs said:
I think it is best thing I have seen. I love Sony made "behind the scene" videos, to show how the way of developers' life. These are very rare this gen.

I always thought many treated developers like the slaves.
You don't actually see the developers though, you see bunch of managers sitting around talking about how great everything is. Those are what 6/7 guys? You can't make HD games with a team that small so they never show the actual programmers, designers or artists at work.

I like in depth looks at studios but this is just as useless as the Yuji Naka visiting Sonic Team in a Ferrari video, Warren Spector's Epic Mickey videos and the Retro Studios 'were're not closed yet' video from 2009 compared to lets say the Starcraft II developer videos. These videos aren't 'rare' they're called commercials.

I actually expected unicorns to show up at one point.

Mikey Jr.

Based purely on those screenshots, I am definitely not liking the way it is looking. Its like they went from charm to "dude-bro triple x". Once again, based purely on those screens.

Also, I thought this was going to be, you know, in space. Honestly, just looks like they swapped out the skybox. So instead of blue skies, you have space, but gameplay is the same.

Hopefully the gttv hypes me up.

So many people bashing the game based on four leaked screenshots. I will note better textures, better clouds, different vehicles (including potential warhawk-to-mech!) and a potentially less cartoonish art direction.

I think I can wait to judge the game until tomorrow at least, when we will have in-motion footage to stare at.

makingmusic476 said:
I preferred the art style of the first game, but transformers totally makes up for that.

I'm so there day one.

I am there day one for sure but I loved the art style of the first game. It was unique and gave the game it's own character.

LiK

Giriath_89 said:
So many people bashing the game based on four leaked screenshots. I will note better textures, better clouds, different vehicles (including potential warhawk-to-mech!) and a potentially less cartoonish art direction.

I think I can wait to judge the game until tomorrow at least, when we will have in-motion footage to stare at.

setting our expectations low so tomorrow will be glorious.

Cyborg

Giriath_89 said:

This......:) some people are lame man.

really liked that brief footage in the video diary of the blonde girl with the red clothes walking around that sun drenched, wasteland-looking town.

capture from the old thread:

starhawk.jpg

GodofWine

Kinda laughing at people who say "looks bad"...have you ever looked at Warhawk...its was NOT about graphics, it was about game play.

So, if they bring the graphics up some, maintain the gameplay, give me mechs, and perhaps a little tighter shooting model (I have nothing against the current Warhawk lock on, it works for the game), Im in...well, I know Im in already, regardless.

CMON PSN...its warhawk time!!!!!!!!!!!

nelsonroyale said:
I remember the first game getting so much flack before release around here for the visuals...this place can be pi-polar sometimes
Way too many graphics whores around here.

Let's not dismiss the game by those 4 screenshots.

Man

nelsonroyale said:
I remember the first game getting so much flack before release around here for the visuals...this place can be pi-polar sometimes
Still one of the more beautiful games this gen. So many chasing the cinematic and blurry 20fps corridor experience when Warhawk is zipping along at a locked 30fps with huge environments, excellent AA and lighting.

I'm expecting Starhawk to be the most pristine and agile large scale experience this gen.

dork

Banned
Nakazato said:
come on open beta

that would be a nice present for psn being down :)

or just give us a release date within in the next 2 months or something crazy like that

Ugh i want to play warhawk now

Kinyou

TheJollyCorner said:
really liked that brief footage in the video diary of the blonde girl with the red clothes walking around that sun drenched, wasteland-looking town.

capture from the old thread:

starhawk.jpg
I this really from Starhawk? Looks like it could be straight out of PSN-Home

rdrr gnr

I'm actually looking forward to the campaign footage. I just hope it's a personal story vs. military one.

Nakazato said:
come on open beta
Beta access with all copies of Twisted Metal. That would be nice.

spats

dork said:
that would be a nice present for psn being down :)

or just give us a release date within in the next 2 months or something crazy like that

Ugh i want to play warhawk now

Comes out on PSN during the Sony E3 conference. Awwyeah.

Slime

Banned
All I see are people and robots. Does not compute.

2gtoz9e.gif

I know it's lame to judge something based on so little material, but I was expecting the first screens from this to be epic space battles. Can't help but feel a little disappointed/nervous.

Man

Kinyou said:
I this really from Starhawk? Looks like it could be straight out of PSN-Home
Could also be a episode of Star Trek with Picard stranded in 19th century Texas.

Das-J

Law of the West
That "Dev Diary" seemed more like an advertisement geared towards the industry than anything else, but I'm very excited for this title to see the light of day!

Concept17

Angry Fork said:

In what way? The terrain is brown? Of course it is. The characters look just as cartoony as they did in Warhawk, and on top of that, there is color everywhere.

In-game footage needed.

dork

Banned
spats said:
Comes out on PSN during the Sony E3 conference. Awwyeah.

Thatd be awesome.

OH my god i cant wait to see gameplay. Looks amazing to me. Warhawk never had the "best graphics" but it looked great and ran amazing. So all i care about is gameplay

during this part of the dev diary:

2M1L9.png

(about the 1:02 mark)

Looks like there's some kind of HUD/map in the lower left-hand side of the screen with the huge planet. You can't see it in that screen cap, but you can kind of make it out in the video.

iceatcs

[Nintex] said:
You don't actually see the developers though, you see bunch of managers sitting around talking about how great everything is. Those are what 6/7 guys? You can't make HD games with a team that small so they never show the actual programmers, designers or artists at work.

I like in depth looks at studios but this is just as useless as the Yuji Naka visiting Sonic Team in a Ferrari video, Warren Spector's Epic Mickey videos and the Retro Studios 'were're not closed yet' video from 2009 compared to lets say the Starcraft II developer videos. These videos aren't 'rare' they're called commercials.

I actually expected unicorns to show up at one point.

That's shame. Maybe it isn't for you, but they can't have interview every single person and also it is LightBox first developer diary video. That video look like a tease because they still not want to show what the game yet and interview clips obviously cut down, more likely full scenes will come.
I'm just liking to watch those Developer Diaries. Check it out on playstation.blog, they have tons of these such as Motorstorm 3, Move, KZ3 etc.

near

Gold Member
Screens look really climatic. I'm starting to get quite hyped for this announcement already.

The fuck is this shit? The artstyle for Warhawk was fantastic and complemented the gameplay perfectly: it was colorful and cartoony, perfectly illustrating the arcadey gameplay. But this? What? Whhhyyyyy? Where's my awesome-looking Chernovan Command Sergeant skin? Why does it look nothing like Warhawk?

Looks like I'll never see a true sequel to my beloved Warhawk. Like I said a few pages back, all I wanted from Warhawk 2/Starhawk was new maps. Seriously. EVERYTHING ELSE could be exactly the same as it was in 2007 and I'd be happy. But no, the developers have to go and shit everything up.

And by the way, the NEED to get the composer from Warhawk back. It's the only videogame soundtrack I own, and it's fucking awesome. I'm willing to bet that they didn't, however.

dork

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
The fuck is this shit? The artstyle for Warhawk was fantastic and complemented the gameplay perfectly: it was colorful and cartoony, perfectly illustrating the arcadey gameplay. But this? What? Whhhyyyyy? Where's my awesome-looking Chernovan Command Sergeant skin? Why does it look nothing like Warhawk?

Looks like I'll never see a true sequel to my beloved Warhawk. Like I said a few pages back, all I wanted from Warhawk 2/Starhawk was new maps. Seriously. EVERYTHING ELSE could be exactly the same as it was in 2007 and I'd be happy. But no, the developers have to go and shit everything up.

And by the way, the NEED to get the composer from Warhawk back. It's the only videogame soundtrack I own, and it's fucking awesome. I'm willing to bet that they didn't, however.

Good thing you didnt overreact before we saw real gameplay.

New maps and weapons is my guess what we are going to see. Give them time to show the game before you get out the torches

Edit: oh also, i wish it wouldnt take 9 years to rank up in the game..but dont make it as easy as some others

Ok some people here needs to actually play Warhawk to make an opinion and wait for actual footage, because warhawk is a kind of game that looks better in motion.

Top Bottom