• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Im pulling for Barnett on this. He is one of the few star heavies from the PRIDE era that has yet to fight in the UFC post PRIDE. The guy happens to be entertaining and is a very solid fighter. For the hope of the HW division I sure hope he wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if Comeir took it since hes still a big ?. Who would have thought that he would KO BF? Also Barnett's been in the tourney since day 1 and would be a shame if he lost to a "fill in".

Well, shit.

Maiquel Falcao weighed in at 188 for his Bellator Middleweight Tournament fight against Andreas Spang tomorrow. If he can't make 185 within the next 2 hours he is out of the tourney.

SHIT FALCO GET IT TOGETHER

Heel

"The Rock" is just the next guy on the great Fedor's list of UFC contemporaries. This 3 time Ultimate title contender, who is only 38 and thus just entering his prime, will be beaten mercilessly by the great Fedor.

You know it to be true.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Well, shit.

Maiquel Falcao weighed in at 188 for his middleweight fight against Andreas Spang tomorrow. If he can't make 185 within the next 2 hours he is out of the tourney.

SHIT FALCO GET IT TOGETHER

Time to lock yourself in a sauna and do burpees until you lose all feelings in your legs.

TheNatural

My Member!
"The Rock" is just the next guy on the great Fedor's list of UFC contemporaries. This 3 time Ultimate title contender, who is only 38 and thus just entering his prime, will be beaten mercilessly by the great Fedor.

You know it to be true.

By the time they fight, Fedor may weigh more than Barnett. Instead of getting in shape and attempting to stay relevant in some way, Vadummy is going to rise him to the heavens with the Super HW division.

You heard it here first, M-1 presents: Fedor vs. Bobish for the Super HWAMMA title this year.

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh, I wouldn't have known. Looks like a typical gaf avatar/username/tag combo to me.

Oh you didn't know?

Yo ass bettaa calllll some bodyyyyyyyyyy

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/mark-hunt-out-injured-lavar-johnson-fight-struve-2094365/

Huntu supposedly injured and out.

EDIT: Yup its true. This card gets worse and worse.

Lavar Johnson -- coming off a first-round knockout of Pat Barry on May 6 in UFC on Fox 3 -- has been added to UFC 146 as part of the heavyweight main card.

Johnson, of Madera, is replacing injured Mark Hunt and will face Stefan Struve of The Netherlands to kick off the pay-per-view event May 26 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Johnson is 17-5-0 in his career, which was interrupted for about a year after he was shot at a family barbecue in Bakersfield in 2009.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/05/17...madera-added.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

industrian

Any other source apart from the highly-acclaimed and award-winning MMA news outlet the Fresno Bee?

industrian

Boom goes the dynamite:

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
BREAKING: Mark Hunt out of UFC 146. Guess who Stefan Struve will now be facing on less than two weeks notice?
http://t.co/RUj2vZlQ

Cursed card is cursed.

Kudos to Johnson for taking the fight though. That'll be his third this year. I'll be supporting him. Hopefully he KO's Struve and we can get Hunt vs. Johnson to make up for it.

Nate Diaz had just defeated Jim Miller, and instead of marketing himself he proclaimed that Melendez was the true number one lightweight on the planet. Melendez was watching at home and was genuinely shocked.

“I was at home with my fiance and my daughter, and Nate I talk about this a lot. When I watch Nate fight, or Nick and Jake fight – I’m at home alone or with very few people. I don’t like too many people around me because it’s a real intense moment. We all go through this together. My initial reaction was that we smiled and laughed. I couldn’t help, but be touched. The biggest day in Nate’s life, with millions of people watching on FOX, and he gives me the biggest shout-out ever. It felt great and it shows what kind of guy he is. His biggest day and he shared it with the whole team”.
Touching but haha

Melendez said:
The goal is to be number one and the only way to do that is in the UFC.
Didn't he say this before?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Touching but haha

Didn't he say this before?

Oh man, I will LOL if Thomson beats Melendez.

I'm getting tired of his whining about not fighting guys from the UFC or not being motivated to fight Thomson. If I was Thomson, I would be pissed off at his disrespect.

@Gr1m - I saw your post on the PC thread, brah get the 670, better price/performance ratio than the 680. Thank me later.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
This event is cursed.

imag0369o5u80.jpg

I'm going to get my dog to do tips later.

Lavar Johnson and Mark Hunt are basically interchangeable.

I've got Barnett by sub - he's basically the only heavyweight with more swagger than Cormier...I would pick Cormier over Mir, Werdum, Carwin etc. but not Barnett. Also baffled by JZ Cavalcante being left off the main card - you can never have enough Cavalcantes. On that note Feijao vs. Kyle II should be awesome.

I'm most excited for Fujii - Aguilar tomorrow though...still pissed about the two Zoila Gurgel gift decisions and I'm glad this one is finally happening.

I was looking at Chael's book on amazon and this review...

l
Shael, Plese Kept Riting Books May 16, 2012
By Anderson Silva

5 Starrs fore this book. Shael shuld knot fighte anymor. Shael shuld keepe beeing awthor. Grate book that my friends Nog, Seagal, and Soares luved. Seagal read it to us befour he tuck us in. That booke dosen't half enof pectures though. Shael keep righting and no fighteing. Leaf Spyder Silva a loan. Let he kept his belte pleeze.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R16UFE...8545&nodeID=283155&store=books#wasThisHelpful

Top Bottom