• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

To think he could be beating up your boy BJ instead.

Seriously, what do you see that makes you think he's overrated? Nate is fighting for the title and always gives him props as the best in the world. What does that tell you, brah?

Like I said. Big Fish small pond. He knows it too. That is why he stayed in Strikeforce.

Heel

Like I said. Big Fish small pond. He knows it too. That is why he stayed in Strikeforce.

Do you think UFC would've been able to make their Strikeforce deal if they signed away yet another one of their champions? He was a bargaining chip and was probably paid handsomely for it. Good for him.

Having no competition to challenge you doesn't mean you're overrated either. It means you're talented. Of course no one is jumping at the opportunity to leave UFC for Strikeforce just to get their ass whipped. There's no doubt in my mind that Gil could've came over and pushed Edgar's shit in.

Anyone saying Gil isn't top 5 is sippin' that Hateraid. If not, where the hell do you rank Nate?

Gil's a can crusher. Actually he's more like a can that crushes other cans. A Cannibal Can Crusher, if you will.

If he didn't win in The Ultimate, it doesn't matter.

Heel

You guys can lick your chops waiting for Gil to lose just to say you knew he was always overrated and a can. Until then kiss the ring and respect tha gawd.

Man this thread title is perfect.

snorggy

a little late to this, but did anyone else think Jason MacDonald took a dive in that fight? Something didn't look right the way he went down...also, can.

Yeah Jason MacDonald is old and washed up. He's the kind of guy that cans fight in order to get back in the win column so that it gives them just enough legitimacy to get crushed by a can crusher the next time around.

snorggy

Yeah Jason MacDonald is old and washed up. He's the kind of guy that cans fight in order to get back in the win column so that it gives them just enough legitimacy to get crushed by a can crusher the next time around.

agreed on his status as a can ramp... i was just speaking to how he seemed to pretend to get knocked out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You guys can lick your chops waiting for Gil to lose just to say you knew he was always overrated and a can. Until then kiss the ring and respect tha gawd.

Man this thread title is perfect.

We are all cogs in a self fulfilling prophecy.

Heel

UFC on FUEL TV 3 ratings: Event draws 173,000 FUEL TV viewers

The all-time UFC-FUEL TV ratings include:

UFC on FUEL TV 1 ratings (main card): 217,000 viewers
UFC on FUEL TV 2 ratings (main card): 197,000
UFC on FUEL TV 3 ratings (main card): 173,000
UFC on FX 1 ratings (prelims): 148,000
UFC on FOX 2 ratings (prelims): 144,000
UFC on FX 2 ratings (prelims): 113,000
UFC on FOX 3 ratings (prelims): 86,000

Tell us about the HUT levels on a Tuesday afternoon, Uncle Dana.

Heel

Heel, you just joined an e-fed. Stop giving out business advice. /Uncle Dana

ibjwyGRhZRXrXq.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm actually more interested in Cormier vs. Barnett than any of the 146 fights. Cormier's striking progression has been unreal so who knows? Have to give Josh the edge, though.

Winner has one more fight in Strikeforce. I wonder who they'll bring over...

muLD8.jpg

That "we want them to fight once more" clause/deal is a bit of a ballbreaker. Who exactly is a high-enough HW contender outside of the Ultimate? Maybe a Fully-Jacksonified Arlovski? Tim "Will Fight For Free" Sylvia? Sean McCorkle in a 420lbs catchweight fight?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That "we want them to fight once more" clause/deal is a bit of a ballbreaker. Who exactly is a high-enough HW contender outside of the Ultimate? Maybe a Fully-Jacksonified Arlovski? Tim "Will Fight For Free" Sylvia? Sean McCorkle in a 420lbs catchweight fight?

Tony Lopez, AA's worst nightmare.

Heel

i2HGgIlGSQT03.jpg

industrian

Sergei needs a fight.

Is there any reason why he's not been UFC'd yet? Golden Glory issues still there?

I feel sorry for the dude. He's too legit to be called in to job for people in SFL, KSW, et al but at the same time he's not going to be headlining shit in the near future. Maybe we can get a rubber match with Overeem in the next year or so.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason why he's not been UFC'd yet? Golden Glory issues still there?

I feel sorry for the dude. He's too legit to be called in to job for people in SFL, KSW, et al but at the same time he's not going to be headlining shit in the near future. Maybe we can get a rubber match with Overeem in the next year or so.

It is odd because haven't most of the Strikeforce HWs been transitioned over to the UFC?

Heel

Next week Sergei is fighting former heavyweight and super heavyweight King of the Cage champion and Bully Beatdown veteran Tony Lopez.

industrian

It is odd because haven't most of the Strikeforce HWs been transitioned over to the UFC?

Outside of the finalists:

Crossed over: Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot.

Crossed out: Fedor, Arlovski, Rogers, Sergei.

If you want to include reservists then:

Del Rosario, Johnson, Griggs have made the jump.

V. Overeem, Sefo, Villante, Monson haven't.

TheNatural

My Member!
Before his UFC on Fuel 3 bout with Jason MacDonald last night, Tom Lawlor hadn't stepped in the cage in seven months and apparently wasn't in the best of financial shape. He won a $40,000 dollar bonus for knockout of the night, which came in very handy. Lawlor spoke to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani in a post-fight interview about his money issues:

"I'll be honest. I'm broke. I have no money. This money that I got today, it's going to be the first time I've deposited a check in over a year. A year and a half. This is like a big deal to me. I had to borrow money from friends and family just in order to go into this fight. I want to thank them, obviously. This means a lot to me mentally, it means a lot to my bank account."

"I think I miscalculated the cost of living in the Northeast. I basically took all my money, bought a house and blew through my money - just living costs, traveling, price of gas, multiple training locations."

Makes it even better he won and got KO of the night.

Also, no hoverhand for Bryce Harper. Dat rack snuggle:

harper.jpg

Heel

Outside of the finalists:

Crossed over: Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot.

Crossed out: Fedor, Arlovski, Rogers, Sergei.

If you want to include reservists then:

Del Rosario, Johnson, Griggs have made the jump.

V. Overeem, Sefo, Villante, Monson haven't.

Villante is at 205 now and staying in Strikeforce.

Cannot wait for Miocic vs. Del Rosario. That's my favorite fight on that card.

industrian

Cannot wait for Miocic vs. Del Rosario. That's my favorite fight on that card.

It's the perfect fight for the MMA OT3 marquee. One man is guaranteed to be exposed as the can that he is, whilst the other ascends to the GOAT heavens.

MjFrancis

UFC on Fuel 3 was serviceable. I got my Korean Zombie and Donald Cerrone victories. Both made their opponents look like tools and kept things interesting. Worth my time more than UFC 145. That shit was boring.

Jung Chan Sung v. Jose Aldo will be glorious. The Korean Zombie will put up a hell of a fight until he's KO'd in Round 3. If Frankie hasn't moved down to 145 Aldo will move up and leave the 145 scraps for the cans.

SteveWD40

Good to see Lawlor do well, that guy works hard at being entertaining and many of his entrances have been wasted on the Prelims.

I still chuckle at his Apollo Creed entrance.

Frank Mirs win over Nog should be declared a NC. I don't mean to bitch at all but it was Herb Deans reffing that fucked up the entire outcome of the fight and caused Nog a loss and a broken arm. Nog clearly was not punching Mir in the back of the head like Herb called out and was a good punch or 2 away from the TKO. That fight was 100% absolute pure bullshit, despite the amazing comeback. Thats like WWE special guest referee bullshit right there.

Top Bottom