• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Very impressed by the zombie. There's your asian superstar, dana.

you could have made some cash too
Dustin Poirier (-350) vs. Chan Sung Jung (+265)

Guru-Guru

Banned
Damn it Pouryay.

Still a fan, but man Korean Zombie has stepped it the hell up since being slayed by Roop. Dare I say future 145 champ ;)
It's pretty crazy to see how much he has improved in the last 2 years or so. I liked how he called Jose Aldo out, but that fight will be pretty damn hard for him to win...

Has there ever been a UFC event in Korea? You could have Zombie headline (it would be better to give him another contender, rather than have him likely get murdered by Aldo in front of the home fans), and throw the other couple Korean UFC fighters on the card.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn it Pouryay.

Still a fan, but man Korean Zombie has stepped it the hell up since being slayed by Roop. Dare I say future 145 champ ;)

I was just thinking how funny it is that it feels like yesterday that he was headkicked in that awkward fight and yet he's been absolutely destroying people since.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Do you like my next level shit for UFC 146: Canned Goods?

imag0368ikf8u.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It always freaks me out how Dana's photoshop monkeys have made JDS into a giraffe on that poster.

Anyway GAF, I was just given a fairly decent injection of steroids to combat some chest pain. It surprised me how casually it was given to me. The nurse was just like "Heres some roids dawg" and stuck it in my upper right arm. Anyone up for doing 3 hours of bicep curls with me?

industrian

The steroid-infused painkillers wore off. Pretty decent 8 hours of no pain. I'm hoping for a horse meat breakfast tomorrow to keep the ball rolling.

Heel

Probably not. It's the logical fight to make right now unless Zombie just gets Aldo after he's done with Koch.

I'm with Hioki vs. TKZ, but as yacobud pointed out last night, I don't think the UFC will risk TKZ losing to someone with no sizzle when they can make a PPV out of it instead. TKZ called out Aldo and will be shelved until he gets his shot.

Yep and Hioki has anti-sizzle.

Remember guys, Strikeforce is this weekend... Barnett vs. Cormier and Gil Melendez defends his Strikeforce World Lightweight Championship against an injured Josh Thomson.

I'm with Hioki vs. TKZ, but as yacobud pointed out last night, I don't think the UFC will risk TKZ losing to someone with no sizzle when they can make a PPV out of it instead. TKZ called out Aldo and will be shelved until he gets his shot.

It does seem like Zombie and Hioki are the top stars in the division along with Aldo. Its cool to see 2 Asian's in the top 5 of a division. Now all they need is Aoki to drop to FW in the UFC and the division will be built up.

Say Frankie moves to FW if he loses to Bendo and Aoki signs on as a FW in the UFC the division would be on its way.

Aldo
Edgar
Aoki
Zombie
Hioki

Not bad for a relatively new division in the UFC. Lots of potential when you consider that 50% of the LW's can most likely drop to FW as well because the weight cut is not nearly as drastic as WW>LW MW>WW LHW>MW etc

Heel

Can't wait for Gil to beat up a hurt guy and get called the best 155er on the planet.

To think he could be beating up your boy BJ instead.

Seriously, what do you see that makes you think he's overrated? Nate is fighting for the title and always gives him props as the best in the world. What does that tell you, brah?

industrian

Remember guys, Strikeforce is this weekend... Barnett vs. Cormier and Gil Melendez defends his Strikeforce World Lightweight Championship against an injured Josh Thomson.

It's going to be depressing watching Cormier knighted as Canmier after Barnett is through with him.

I'd like to see Canmier vs. Barry after he crosses over. Barnett will probably end up being JDS' first real competition in the Ultimate.

Heel

It's going to be depressing watching Cormier knighted as Canmier after Barnett is through with him.

I'd like to see Canmier vs. Barry after he crosses over. Barnett will probably end up being JDS' first real competition in the Ultimate.

I'm actually more interested in Cormier vs. Barnett than any of the 146 fights. Cormier's striking progression has been unreal so who knows? Have to give Josh the edge, though.

Winner has one more fight in Strikeforce. I wonder who they'll bring over...

muLD8.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve

For real? Pat Barry wishes he was still can status.

Heel

Wow this M-1 card is a lot better than Sherdog was letting on. Sucks I have to miss it.

Kenny Garner (8-3) vs Magomed Malikov (6-1) (Interim HW Title)
Arthur Guseinov (10-2) vs Mario Miranda (13-4) (Interim 185 Title)
Artiom Damkovsky (13-6) vs Musa Khamanaev (10-3)
Maxim Grishin (12-6) vs Joachim Christensen (7-1)
Jessie Gibbs (10-5) vs Arsen Abdulkerimov (4-2)
Albert Duraev (2-0) vs Isaiah Larson (14-6)
Ramazan Esenbaev (3-1) vs Daniel Madrid (7-3)
Marcin Zontek (11-7) vs Salim Daudov (4-0)

Fedor is rumored to be retiring after his superfight against Pedro "The Rock" Rizzo.

Not even a year ago, Pedro "The Rock" was relegated to shitty no name orgs fighting Ken Shamrock et al.

lol Vadummy.

nooo that's the tri-coasta shirt.

they ended up stiffing jung on his cut from that shirt and the prior one and they owe him a fuckload of cash.

jung ended up going with traumma combat for his sponsorship this time around.

Oh that sucks about tri-coasta. My friend has/had this shirt

p1sR2.png

When he got it he was wearing it to do olympic lifts in and we would always tease him, wtf that's a $30 shirt. He didn't care though. I'm sure it's rags by now.

Has Tri-Coasta ever replied to their complaint? But yeah, get a refund that company should be ashamed.
Yeah it's a shitty situation.. I was hanging with Michelle, one of the heads of that company after the Cain/JDS fight and she was mad cool too.

Top Bottom