• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
But I thought he was just white and jacked!?

I guess the clean piss on a pole match can go forward at SummerSlam with Lesnar and Reigns!

Kaladin

Fight already happened though, so......

c8e.gif

Barrage

None of these Fantasy Drafts work because they never take into account balancing the shows, something the WWE has to be mindful with every pick. They also usually value workrate and waaay devalue kayfabe accomplishments (Cesaro should not be in the Top 15.)

As much flack as rosenberg has taken, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Charlotte-Sasha is taken back-to-back in the first 8 picks- or even as the second pick of each brand.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean let's be fair, did anyone think Brock Lesnar was not on steroids?

If Bryan is the Smackdown GM he should pick Cesaro first as a surprise. Play it like he's investing in the future and has faith in him. Then they can constantly mention Cesaro went first in the draft and he's one to watch out for. If Triple H is the RAW GM, have him counter with Baron Corbin as the top pick for the same reason. It'd be a nice kayfabe accomplishment they could tout until they accomplish something better.

Lol at the Brock thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also wouldn't make Bryan a GM. Maybe a commentator at best. Bryan just seems like an awfully boring choice for a GM. Teddy Long 2.0. You need either a bipartisan to a fault GM or an evil GM. Goody two shoes GM is fucking boring.
Who do you rate right now in the WWE outside of AJ Data? This isn't a snipe, I'm just genuinely curious.

Rate? You mean who I'd put on a roster if I was kayfabe building a roster for the long-term or who I just like?

I'm not the biggest fan of Nikki, for example, but if I was building a womens brand, she'd be a high sign and the first woman I'd sign because of the merchandise, the tv deal and I think she works the WWE style match better than any of the other women on the roster which is why I think a lot of the NXT style womens matches just don't work on the main brands.

Cena's an obvious gimme just for star power and his freakish regenerative abilities. And I'd definitely get Roman over Seth or Ambrose though he wouldn't be 1 or 2.

Oh.. I wonder how WWE would react here if Brock fails UFC's legit tests but still passes their "only a dumbass would fail this test" drug test.

The greatest of all time
buWXbhKl.jpg

Two men have now had to take roids to beat him. And both were caught and shamed. While he continues his rise.

One man. One world. One love. One Hunt.

Rate? You mean who I'd put on a roster if I was kayfabe building a roster for the long-term or who I just like?

I'm not the biggest fan of Nikki, for example, but if I was building a womens brand, she'd be a high sign and the first woman I'd sign because of the merchandise, the tv deal and I think she works the WWE style match better than any of the other women on the roster which is why I think a lot of the NXT style womens matches just don't work on the main brands.

Cena's an obvious gimme just for star power and his freakish regenerative abilities. And I'd definitely get Roman over Seth or Ambrose though he wouldn't be 1 or 2.

I should have been more specific with my choice of words, but who you like? I get how Nikki and Cena could be the best for the company but I don't exactly find either of them entertaining.

Heel

Friends, let's wait for all the evidence to come in. Keep in mind, he was tested by the WWE for years and years and never came back positive.

It is known that Cena posts his clean tests like trophies, while Brock has to hunt defenseless animals for his trophies.

John Cena 2020

The real question is if Brock is found guilty of doping do they take back his win against the Undertaker at Mania? This could be huge.

I also wouldn't make Bryan a GM. Maybe a commentator at best. Bryan just seems like an awfully boring choice for a GM. Teddy Long 2.0. You need either a bipartisan to a fault GM or an evil GM. Goody two shoes GM is fucking boring.

Considering the life span of a GM is like maybe 2 years I think it's just a way for him/them to run out his contract and get an initial ratings boost. But it would be cool if they actually added elements to Smackdown to make it seem like a show DB would really run as opposed to just "RAW, again."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should have been more specific with my choice of words, but who you like? I get how Nikki and Cena could be the best for the company but I don't exactly find either of them entertaining.

AJ, Joe and Rusev are the only three guys in the company that tend to capture my attention though Rusev can be iffy because he's rarely used well. Rusev is the number one guy I want to see somewhere else because I think his booking is way too all over the place in WWE. I enjoy Cena a lot too just because I like him transitioning into a wilier veteran gatekeeper type though I think that is benefited STRONGLY from the fact that he's not as full-time as he was.

I like Neville a lot. I find him very underrated despite his goofy looks. I think he's better than Zayn, for one. I've really been enjoying Jericho's promos. I think he's jumped above Miz for me in that category. I like Roman in-ring but everything around him is so miserable that it's hard. Goldust is one of my all-time favorites but he keeps getting saddled with stupid shit. And not the kind of stupid shit Goldust can make work. Or anyone can make work. I want to like Big E but I think the chances of that get lower as long as New Day continues to be a thing and he continues to make goofy faces. Eventually that's just going to be what everyone knows him as. And he'll never be able to move past that. I want to like Del Rio and sometimes I do for brief moments. I like American Alpha though I do worry a lot of their matches feel really formulaic. I like Heath Slater as a sideshow attraction. I like how huge and creepy Braun is and I don't mind his wrestlling not being great because he's a giant monster hillbilly. He's not supposed to do much more than brawl and stagger. I wouldn't put any titles on him, but I'd make him a big challenge and with time he'll get better at being a big monster. Sadly, WWE rarely books big old school monsters like your Andres or Kamalas anymore and everyone's more like Vader or Sid.

La Sombra is an amazing wrestler but their choice of entrance attire and not debuting him with a killer gimmick was fucking atrocious. Shinsuke is kind of whatever to me. I guess I've watched NJPW long enough and followed him long enough that.. He's just being Shinsuke. It's nothing I haven't seen for the last 6 years. I'd rather see Tanahashi in WWE honestly just because Tanahashi is usually better about evolving his gimmick while still being the same gimmick. He adds little touches like the DDT run where he was 'Hiroshi Tanahashi NJPW Ace' and basically casually trashed DDT in the most passive aggressive manner. Nakamura's gimmick has been the same forever. And before that, his old gimmick was the same forever.

@bryanalvarez
Audio will be up in a couple of hours. This year is seriously nuts.

Every sport doing their major news dump, a country having a coup, and Pokemon Go getting people fit. Craziness everywhere

Top Bottom