• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

The fellow claims FFXV is doing very, very well. I can't quite buy that angle.

I believed these other leaks, and concern that Death Stranding's leak is also true has had me back off from hyping that game (I don't like the angle of what I read) but I'm having a comparably tough time buying this one.

What was the DS leak?

jimmypython

Never seen this, but if it's true, I'll be back where we started when it was known as Versus XIII: waiting patiently for all types of news.

so this is saying that the company wanted a competent director to remake FF7. Toriyama was no good, Yoshida was busy with XIV, Ito was busy cleaning bathroom, Tabata wasn't safe enough and Kitase was too lazy to get back to the frontline. So they made a deal with Nomura who was making Versus at the time that he had to direct FF7 remake with his entire VersusXIII team and he could do what ever he wanted. The catch was he had to give up VersusXIII, which would become XV. And Tabata was the perfect pick for XV as he just proved himself with Type-0 PSP.

IF this was real then I would understand why Nomura didn't just quit the company. And IF the VersusXV was real then SE upper management just gave Tabata the biggest middle finger. WTF.

Even talk about Versus plot or at least what he learned:

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

So Stella would die by Noctis during the Insomnia invasion. HOLY SHIT, the reactions would be GLORIOUS.

rhandino

Banned
Well, if we're posting dumb 4chan threads about FFXV which might also become true later on... here's this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/360061246 (Thread title being: I worked on FFXV, ask me anything)

I remember deying the leaks and wishing for them to not come true. The game slapped me with reality.

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!

Tell us everything you know about Versus

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

It's hard to remember every detail.

This actually sounds fucking amazing T_T

Ray Down

Banned
Looks like there was more panned for chapter 14:

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

NOOOOO, I wanted to se old Iris =(

jett

D-Member
Well, if we're posting dumb 4chan threads about FFXV which might also become true later on... here's this: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/360061246 (Thread title being: I worked on FFXV, ask me anything)

I remember deying the leaks and wishing for them to not come true. The game slapped me with reality.

There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.

lol

This guy actually sounds legit. Tabata is a real creep.

Infest

Woah that sounds intriguing and actually believable. Do you have a link?

Ray Down

Banned
More changes:

There was supposed to be a small dungeon in Tenebrae which also got cut. If I recall correctly, the invasion didn't begin until the protagonists entered the city.

I haven't heard anything about the former director, but the project needed to change directors because the company needed a mainline game to be shipped in 2016 which appealed to mainstream trends and they trusted Tabata to do it.

Damn SE....

so this is saying that the company wanted a competent director to remake FF7. Toriyama was no good, Yoshida was busy with XIV, Ito was busy cleaning bathroom, Tabata wasn't safe enough and Kitase was too lazy to get back to the frontline. So they made a deal with Nomura who was making Versus at the time that he had to direct FF7 remake with his entire VersusXIII team and he could do what ever he wanted. The catch was he had to give up VersusXIII, which would become XV. And Tabata was the perfect pick for XV as he just proved himself with Type-0 PSP.

IF this was real then I would understand why Nomura didn't just quit the company. And IF the VersusXV was real then SE upper management just gave Tabata the biggest middle finger. WTF.

But if Nomura himself willingly signed on to do FF7 knowing what he had to give up then how is that Square's fault?

Ydelnae

This is fake, right? The stuff about
Luna is absolutely puzzling. Why would they criticize a strong female character?

Because apparently
the scenes about her that were cut had her being abused by Niflheim generals, her suffering because her health was deteriorating and her saying that "her purpose in live is to achieve Noctis' expectations"
and those would have been controversial considering how they hyped her to be the strongest female character ever.

Considering that people criticized her role in Kingsglaive, I can see them bailing out and straight out deleting these scenes to avoid a much larger backslash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What would the brotherhood guys even do in a game so dark as Versus XIII?

Ray Down

Banned
>>360072052
I don't know, but it will happen. Give it a year or two? (PC Port)

>>360072127
The game has had barely 3 years of actual development time.

rhandino

Banned
is there something that you personally regret? Something that you wouldn't have done but were more or less forced to include or see included?
besides anything of "we didn't have much time", you already stressed it enough

When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level.

That actually explains a LOT asjdlsajda;lskjda;ls

I am crying rn T_T

jimmypython

Looks like there was more panned for chapter 14:

is there something that you personally regret? Something that you wouldn't have done but were more or less forced to include or see included?
besides anything of "we didn't have much time", you already stressed it enough

When I was told that a certain level (snowy area with Shiva statue) was going to get deleted anyway after working on it for weeks nonstop and then having to work on a bootleg version for that level.

That actually explains a LOT asjdlsajda;lskjda;ls

I am crying rn T_T

PATCH!!!

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!

OMG.......this would have been the best work of Nojima since FF7??

Yeah, it seens the Monster Ardyn got cut, and the world of Ruin would be like FF VI where you had to gather your party members:

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

Bladenic

Wow so Stella would've died too LMAO crying at the Stella fanboys who cried about Luna, Stella would've been even worse (I'm guessing she would've kept appearing as a ghost/apparition but so does Luna).

Also not surprised to read about the cut areas. Chapters 10-12 flew by and just felt like they were missing content. Sad.

Even if that Q&A is fake, it's probably the most interesting fake Q&A I've ever read!

I was legitimately baffled on how Luna's role in XV could have possibly been an improvement on Stella's in Versus, as Luna's role was pretty much already at rock bottom.

... buuuuut that would absolutely be an improvement, yup.

jimmypython

But if Nomura himself willingly signed on to do FF7 knowing what he had to give up then how is that Square's fault?

I was saying SE giving Tabata the middle finger lol....the man got pushed to this hot mess, poured his heart and soul to this project (he always seems exhausted and unhealthy) and still pissed off a lot of fans (me included)....

Ray Down

Banned
How the game was panned to go:

Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!

That sounds like an even bigger convoluted mess. Nomura really wanted to up himself.

PowderedToast

poor management again. i feel like the fact this game shipped at all means tabata did a decent job, but the project had so much stacked against it from the start. it could've been a straight up technical disaster but they got the master version running pretty well all things considered.

such a shame because for the large part the development team showed how capable they are, so it would be nice to see them given some actual time for the next project. i still really enjoyed the final product

that versus stuff sounds total nomura. convoluted and philosophical. i believe it

The fellow claims FFXV is doing very, very well. I can't quite buy that angle.

I believed these other leaks, and concern that Death Stranding's leak is also true has had me back off from hyping that game (I don't like the angle of what I read) but I'm having a comparably tough time buying this one.

Why not? I've heard it's selling quite well WW.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't think they will make the world of ruin levels that were unfinished explorable unless there is more story dlc planned. I doubt they will release the Luna scenes since the response would not be good, but the deleted scenes about the empire might get released.

Like I said, Luna was featured in more scenes but they got cut. The original Leviathan fight combined interiors and exteriors and many enemies on screen, Luna also appeared.
Like I said earlier, the final form for Ardyn was cut early this year. I haven't heard anything from the strategy guide but it might not have updated information about the story.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So according to this info...Stella dies at the beginning of VersusXIII? lolololol
Yep, and Noct was hallucinating her otherwise. Sixth Sense!

This is interesting:

There was concepts for a city that looked like old London with british bridges and architecture, I don't know about the rest.

The artwork used for the Gralea capital in the game was taken straight out of the Versus project, so I guess it remained the same. The throne room however was different and the Emperor sat there waiting for Noctis. This was still in the game last year.

I kinda hope this is all legit

jett

D-Member
I have absolutely no idea what you've been reading to come to that conclusion.

There's a new 4chan leaker spilling the beans

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!

Because apparently
the scenes about her that were cut had her being abused by Niflheim generals, her suffering because her health was deteriorating and her saying that "her purpose in live is to achieve Noctis' expectations"
and those would have been controversial considering how they hyped her to be the strongest female character ever.

Okay I want to make something clear here
A female isn't strong if she wants to do everything for her beloved even in death. She needs to fight back like we were lead to believe. Isn't that way they showed her blasting Leviathan. Abused by generals and she calls for Noctis? I'm lead to believe the character was not strong at all and the game told me that.

Ray Down

Banned
I was saying SE giving Tabata the middle finger lol....the man got pushed to this hot mess, poured his heart and soul to this project (he always seems exhausted and unhealthy) and still pissed off a lot of fans (me included)....

I don't know if anyone could fix it in a way.

Square Enix management would throw a wrench somewhere.

rhandino

Banned
Who the fuck decided the survival horror in chapter 13 was a good idea? What the fuck was the reason behind it?
If you mean why is that chapter inspired by survival horror elements, the team thought it was going to be a good change of pace that would build momentum. Seems like the level failed to deliver and annoyed players, which I understand.

PsR1JQN.gif

Ydelnae

So according to this info...Stella dies at the beginning of VersusXIII? lolololol

She was already dead the whole time and Noctis doesn't remember it, so he just hallucinates her when he gets told that they are holding a peace treaty with Niflheim lol

If you watch the Versus trailers, Stella never interacts with anyone else that isn't Noctis and in the 2013 XV trailer she sorts of gives away the twist lol

Something the game don't even show.
Oh nevermind, they added an out of context quick scene of the movie in the day one patch, but a few hours after you start the game.

What a mess.

I heard that a CG movie was always planned during Versus XIII's development.

Top Bottom