• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

She was already dead the whole time and Noctis doesn't remember it, so he just hallucinates her when he gets told that they are holding a peace treaty with Niflheim lol

If you watch the Versus trailers, Stella never interacts with anyone else that isn't Noctis and in the 2013 XV trailer she sorts of gives away the twist lol

So Stella is actually Bruce Willis?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Why not? I've heard it's selling quite well WW.

That's a common misconception right now, thanks in large part to the "five million shipped" rhetoric. We know the game is down 25-35% on XIII's launch in PAL territories, we know it opened 56% weaker in Japan despite a mostly comparable console number, and we don't know how well it has opened North America.

Hopefully the west has a good showing, but as of right now, all we have is numbers down on XIII. In one case hugely, in another case, moderately.

Griss

Ha! I didn't realise I had posted in that thread at all! I totally forgot about all of that. Man, if I'd remembered I could have really saved myself some heartache.

And my post "Sound really plausible to me" shows that my nose for a Squeenix story was spot on, too.

Wow, that's a turn up for the books.

Never bet against 4chan is the lesson here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the
Shiva statue
The
dark world
section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss
(which was another Ardyn form)
got cut early this year.
The
Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

THIS
DARK WORLD
STUFF IS KILLING ME

rhandino

Banned
Tell us what changed. Exactly, in detail, as much as you can remember.
Well, the first stop after Altissia had an (smaller) open world area and you could drive the car alone.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.
Scenes that featured Luna got cut because they were considered to be problematic.
Cor got written out of the last half of the story since it made no sense for him to show up (he was Noctis companion during the small open area after Altissia).

The tears, they are not stopping... all of this would explain why Luna is practically a nobody in the game.

ZkM13cx.gif

Ray Down

Banned
They wanted to change the designs:
Good thing you ask that because I remember stories about the people in charge of the team wanting to change the designs of the main protagonists and a bunch of contractual problems surfacing or something like that. To sum up: the decision to have the characters designed this way was made a long time ago and they had to use those designs for a large part of the game.

Team is happy with the reception:

Actually, some members expected harshed results because there wasn't enough confidence that his vision for the game was shared by everyone. As far as I know, the game is succeeding expectations.

Team mates aren't dead in the end.

Squire

Banned
Yep, and Noct was hallucinating her otherwise. Sixth Sense!

This is interesting:

I kinda hope this is all legit

OMG

Literally when I got to the throne room in chapter 14, I thought "I bet Aldercapt was supposed to meet you here.
Honestly everything from chapter 9 onwards just screams "unfinished/rushed".

The end part of the game was supposed to be bigger. I know for a fact that dark world Lestallum was finished. Old Iris was also featured in some scenes. Cindy too (and I also recall them not wanting to change the Cindy design even though it was problematic because her older design implied character development).

Uh, if the Cindy rumor ends up being true...............jesus Square, get some female writers.

Joqu

She was already dead the whole time and Noctis doesn't remember it, so he just hallucinates her when he gets told that they are holding a peace treaty with Niflheim lol

If you watch the Versus trailers, Stella never interacts with anyone else that isn't Noctis and in the 2013 XV trailer she sorts of gives away the twist lol

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure that leaker's legit too now. The Stella stuff actually matches up the Versus and '13 XV trailer eerily well like you say. Wow

Ray Down

Banned
Tell us what changed. Exactly, in detail, as much as you can remember.
There was a level leading up to when you encounter the Shiva statue.
The dark world section of the game featured more enviroments, you encountered each party member in different locations and you could explore part of Lestallum.
The final boss (which was another Ardyn form) got cut early this year.
The Tenebrae invasion happened after the protagonist entered the city and you got to explore a very small section of the city and Luna's chamber.

The tears, they are not stopping... all of this would explain why Luna is practically a nobody in the game.

ZkM13cx.gif

So who desreves most of the brunt SE or Tabata in your option? I'm just asking.

That's a common misconception right now, thanks in large part to the "five million shipped" rhetoric. We know the game is down 25-35% on XIII's launch in PAL territories, we know it opened 56% weaker in Japan despite a mostly comparable console number, and we don't know how well it has opened North America.

Hopefully the west has a good showing, but as of right now, all we have is numbers down on XIII. In one case hugely, in another case, moderately.

Ehrm. We know how it opened in the UK, at #2. I'm pretty sure we don't know what's going on in PAL territories. Zhuge says the game is selling well WW. I believe him. *shrug*

MechaX

Who the fuck decided the survival horror in chapter 13 was a good idea? What the fuck was the reason behind it?
If you mean why is that chapter inspired by survival horror elements, the team thought it was going to be a good change of pace that would build momentum. Seems like the level failed to deliver and annoyed players, which I understand.

PsR1JQN.gif

Well... it was definitely a change of pace.

I would not use the word "momentum" to even begin to describe Ch 13, however.

Ray Down

Banned
Views on Tabata, problems and scrapped art:

I liked him and he's an excellent professional. He gets job done at very difficult circustamnces. The engine didn't adapt well to consoles and had limitations. I'm proud to have worked on the game but I think the company should have given it more development time. I don't know about FF16. There were a lot of designs and concepts scrapped, some of them by Ferrari, yeah.

SE Rushed:

I haven't heard anything about the former director, but the project needed to change directors because the company needed a mainline game to be shipped in 2016 which appealed to mainstream trends and they trusted Tabata to do it.

The game has had barely 3 years of actual development time.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/360061246

Allegedly from a member or XV's dev team (also talks of XV dev issues and what got cut)

The game centered about death, ghosts and hallucination/dreams. Noctis killed the female protagonist before the game started but he didn't remember. Ardyn was Noctis ancestor and he was responsible of the crystals disappearing over time (the only one left was Lucis crystal). Regis died in front of Noctis because his bodyguards betrayed him. The protagonists had to leave the capital because their nation lost the war.

The game didn't focus on summons that much (they still existed) and instead there were actual gods which didn't appear physically. One of the gods was the main antagonist of the first FF game. Each nation was inspired by a different capital of the world. The empire was using ghosts as weapons. Ravus wanted to kill Noctis for having killed her sister. The game ended in another dimension which was supposed to be their version of the after-life.

Mortemis

Banned
I haven't played XV yet, what's this about a dark world?

Not sure if this has anything to do with that, but I remember reading back in the versus days how the night gets longer throughout the game, and by the end it's mostly night. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I also feel like this was talked about again sometime after 2014. Is that still in?

But yeah, damn at this. I remember skimming through and didn't believe the rumors.

I haven't played XV yet, what's this about a dark world?

Not sure if this has anything to do with that, but I remember reading back in the versus days how the night gets longer throughout the game, and by the end it's mostly night. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I also feel like this was talked about again sometime after 2014. Is that still in?

But yeah, damn at this. I remember skimming through and didn't believe the rumors.

Yes, it still in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This hopefully stops everyone from thinking that Stella would've made the game better.

DR2K

Banned
I thought Stella was supposed to have her own plot? She got replaced with Luna because her plot was too encompassing?

So who desreves most of the brunt SE or Tabata in your option? I'm just asking.

Square cuz at the end of the day this ended up being a 10 year endeavor that exhausted everyone involved. Shit was always gonna be fucked. We're lucky it's not Duke Nukem Forever fucked.

jett

D-Member
That sounds way better than what we got. lol
Definitely. Tabata's story is garbage. The man does know how to craft an effective plot.

I guess I got some rewatching to do. Too bad Nomura couldn't hack it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Da fuq......this seems worse than any chapter in the current game. Sounds like George RR Martin started writing it and couldn't figure out how to finish it dear god lol

But I now see why the current game doesn't really focus on too many summons like the last ones. It's because they never even designed them lol

Zafir

Man, some of that stuff sounds awful.

Also the Versus XIII stuff sounds just as erghhhh. I mean Noctis killing Stella without even remembering, lmao? What the fuck.

The Chapter 14 stuff that got cut is kind of a shame, though. Same with Altissia.

This hopefully stops everyone from thinking that Stella would've made the game better.

This will also stop the whole "it was'nt in development for 10 years" nonsense too. The game was meant to be a disaster of a certain degree all this time and Tabata changes made it even worse.

DSix

Banned
Damn, that 4chan rumor is legit as fuck. I believe it all. Their internal issues makes way too much sense now that I finished the game.

What a mess...

so this is saying that the company wanted a competent director to remake FF7. Toriyama was no good, Yoshida was busy with XIV, Ito was busy cleaning bathroom, Tabata wasn't safe enough and Kitase was too lazy to get back to the frontline. So they made a deal with Nomura who was making Versus at the time that he had to direct FF7 remake with his entire VersusXIII team and he could do what ever he wanted. The catch was he had to give up VersusXIII, which would become XV. And Tabata was the perfect pick for XV as he just proved himself with Type-0 PSP.

IF this was real then I would understand why Nomura didn't just quit the company. And IF the VersusXV was real then SE upper management just gave Tabata the biggest middle finger. WTF.

But it doesn't make any sense: Why make FFXV with Noctis at all then? Just make it another game altogether, and come back to the Versus concept only once Nomura is free.

I'm sorry but this tweet feels like nothing but wishful thinking.
What seems more likely is that Nomura got offed FFXV because he cost too much money and has too much power. Tabata seems easier to control.
Nomura hasn't quit yet because they gave him a bone with the FF7 Remake.

Top Bottom