• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This phrase:

Nintendo said:
Nintendo Switch will launch worldwide on March 3, 2017, and we look forward to everyone being able to discover the wonders of the new system for themselves at that time.

makes me think they are not planning any more info (Direct, videos etc) whatsoever. Otherwise it would have been something like "expect more details soon" or something.

This phrase:

makes me think they are not planning any more info (Direct, videos etc) whatsoever. Otherwise it would have been something like "expect more details soon" or something.

Yup, looks like they won't talk about anything else prior to launch. Not sure it will be all that wonderful though.

Hey guys...

Switch comes out next week. :O

20769%20-%20Raw%20Rusev%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20wwe%20yelling.gif

jobrro

I know someone in the chain was in the wrong but I feel bad for hiphop. I will take everything he has said at face value.

If Nintendo was more forthcoming with Switch info people wouldn't have been so thirsty for this type of information and he probably wouldn't have needed to make the video.

Not because of this but if there isn't a Direct before March 1st I will probably cancel the preorder and wait for Mario and play Zelda on the Wii U. Seriously people deserve to know about the system by official channels before they buy. It would be the Nintendo console I don't buy day one since before the Wii.

Good guy hiphop got screwed.

Hey guys...

Switch comes out next week. :O

20769%20-%20Raw%20Rusev%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20wwe%20yelling.gif
12 days still feels like a fortnight to me.

I'm a realist :(

I know someone in the chain was in the wrong but I feel bad for hiphop. I will take everything he has said at face value.

If Nintendo was more forthcoming with Switch info people wouldn't have been so thirsty for this type of information and he probably wouldn't have needed to make the video.

Not because of this but if there isn't a Direct before March 1st I will probably cancel the preorder and wait for Mario and play Zelda on the Wii U. Seriously people deserve to know about the system by official channels before they buy. It would be the Nintendo console I don't buy day one since before the Wii.

GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point-Point-and-laugh-GIF.gif

WTF?

I like to think you're joking.

Hiphop why didn't you blur/block the serial number from the photos when you put it up for sale? Rookie mistake.

Wouldn't have mattered. You can very very easily find people's adresses on the internet and then he would've to give them the address of the person he sold it to.

And probably get in even more shit.

jobrro

I think it's more about canceling your pre-order over it.
It's not over this as I said in the post. It's about Nintendo giving us information. I want information about what's to come and some OS details, though I suppose we know that now at least pre day one patch.

I will 100% buy a Switch someday. But I own a Wii U and I own the other current gen consoles. Buying a Switch day 1 when every game I am interested in is on a console I already own is not necessary.

He put himself into the firing line because of GAF and gave us information Nintendo wouldn't prelaunch. Is that post so outrageous?
What I find "outrageous" about your post:

- you prefer to believe the words of an anonymous poster on the internet despite the evidence existing that he is not telling the truth.

- you blaming Nintendo for his situation.

- you wanting to cancel your preorder over it,
you were never getting one imo

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What the fuck is going on here? Nintendo stole this guy's Switch?! He hasn't done ANYTHING WRONG! This is outright criminal on Nintendo's part, unless we're missing some big detail.

Feeling a tad inclined to cancel my pre-order and tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves right now.

EDIT: Oh, it was stolen from Nintendo in the first place. Hmm, well, ok.

jobrro

What I find "outrageous" about your post:

- you prefer to believe the words of an anonymous poster on the internet despite the evidence existing that he is not telling the truth.7

- you blaming Nintendo for his situation.

- you wanting to cancel your preorder over it,
you were never getting one imo

I still have a preorder with Amazon Japan along with a Pro controller. Search my post history if you need to.

I don't blame Nintendo. Someone in the chain messed up. I agree. Not Nintendo's fault.

Not cancelling preorder over this. But I want some more official information from Nintendo. A Direct would do wonders for my faith in the system. I know we won't get a spec sheet, this is Nintendo. But something for the coming months would be nice.

What the fuck is going on here? Nintendo stole this guy's Switch?! He hasn't done ANYTHING WRONG! This is outright criminal on Nintendo's part, unless we're missing some big detail.

Feeling a tad inclined to cancel my pre-order and tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves right now.
Lol.

I still have a preorder with Amazon Japan along with a Pro controller. Search my post history if you need to.

I don't blame Nintendo. Someone in the chain messed up. I agree. Not Nintendo's fault.

Not cancelling preorder over this. But I want some more official information from Nintendo. A Direct would do wonders for my faith in the system. I know we won't get a spec sheet, this is Nintendo. But something for the coming months would be nice.
So, why did you preorder a Switch in the first place? You had less information about the system then as you do now, but your reason for wanting to cancel is no forthcoming information?

Surely you didn't expect an information barrage before release? Is this your first Nintendo rodeo?

wrowa

This phrase:

You are probably putting more thought into that as the person who wrote it.

mrk8885

Banned
Yeah, whoops, didn't read the full thread before raging.

It still seems to me like SOMEONE should be giving OP his money back, at least if he had no reason to believe he was buying stolen goods. But I guess that's not how it works.

I personally think buying an unreleased console from "some guy" should be reason to suspect it might have been stolen. Perhaps Nintendo will give him a console for "cooperating," though I can't imagine they'd look kindly in his subsequent attempts to also sell it.

gogogow

It still seems to me like SOMEONE should be giving OP his money back, at least if he had no reason to believe he was buying stolen goods. But I guess that's not how it works.

Why do people rage so quickly? Is it that hard to read a little bit more information before going into rage mode? Is it so hard to wait a little while for more information. This kind of behaviour, which i'm not only directing towards the one I quoted, but in general on the internet, gets innocent people into serious trouble. Remember Keemstar? Yeah, things can go fucked up for some people. This rage culture needs to stop, raging on behalf of others. Just let the involved parties do their job.

You could give him his money back.

Let's remind everybody that there is zero evidence that he actually paid for the console. Just his words, which are already very sketchy.

For people who still don't know the full situation:

1. Thieves steal switches from nintendo distributor
2. sell to random dude (friend?)
3. random dude try to sell on reddit
4. Profit?? fail
5. talk about it on Gaf and claim he wants to sell it - show UI
6. gets device taken back as it was stolen
7. GAF defence force GO

See reddit for more:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ndo_has_taken_back_the_leaked_switch_console/

Proof he tried to sell it on reddit.
http://i.imgur.com/oZQhTRW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9quVZJ6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KZeYv7p.jpg
check his submitted posts on reddit. A thread was created in /r/gamesale and removed by a Mod for missing price.
Edit Thanks to /u/12345678912345678956 here's a picture of the gamesale thread. http://i.imgur.com/WIXxpGC.png

Alienous

I like to think it was Reggie going around like Chigurh from No Country for Old Men tracking the Nintendo Switch consoles down.

"Who did you sell the Switch to, Friendo?"

spekkeh

Banned
Canceling my preorder is a meme I'm not getting right?

If so, if Microsoft doesn't announce a new Viva Pinata, I'm totally canceling my Xbox One preorder!

Futaba

It's not like who he bought it from would tell him it was stolen. It could've just been something like "Hey we accidently got shipped some consoles early. Do you want to buy one?". Not that hard to believe.

We'll probably never know where he bought it from so it'll always be nothing but speculation. Nintendo seems satisfied things are taken care of so it should be good enough for us.

Yeah but, what are the chances of the people who stole the switches picking him entirely at random to sell a single one to? if they were stolen purely for the purpose of selling on, they'd go to anyone they could find to buy them, i.e. same thing that happened with the early ps4 slims, online post gauging interest, regardless of how they were obtained, if the thieves thought "actually no we cant go public like that", then it stands to reason that they would sell them on to close friends.

So he either knows the person that stole them, fairly well, or he paid over the odds to a complete stranger for one, either way the likelihood he did not know they were stolen or obtained in a less than legal manner is extremely low, after all if he knew the one that stole them enough that he would sell one early to him at the risk of being found out, then he would clearly have known in advanced, what the guys job was.

Doesn't matter to me either way but I don't think we, or Nintendo are getting the facts regardless.

You say Nintendo is fault? Wtf...is that Trump logic or what?
So it is okay to steal something if you wanna know about it? You deserve nothing when you steal it and it is okay to get infos when things get released.

jobrro

Lol.
So, why did you preorder a Switch in the first place? You had less information about the system then as you do now, but your reason for wanting to cancel is no forthcoming information?

Surely you didn't expect an information barrage before release? Is this your first Nintendo rodeo?

In my first six months in Japan I missed out on my PSVR preorder and it's still not in stock months later. I ended up paying much more for an import from the US and Move controllers from the UK. I have a guaranteed preorder with Amazon for day one probably in the AM and can cancel anytime without paying a single yen.

Why not preorder if there is even a 10 percent chance I will want it and it will be sold out?

You say Nintendo is fault? Wtf...is that Trump logic or what?
So it is okay to steal something if you wanna know about it? You deserve nothing when you steal it and it is okay to get infos when things get released.

I never said it was Nintendo's fault.

Futaba

In my first six months in Japan I missed out on my PSVR preorder and it's still not in stock months later. I ended up paying much more for an import from the US and Move controllers from the UK. I have a guaranteed preorder with Amazon for day one probably in the AM and can cancel anytime without paying a single yen.

Why not preorder if there is even a 10 percent chance I will want it and it will be sold out?

Off topic but i feel your pain on those PSVR's i could find plenty on amazon/yahoo auctions but starting at 80,000y+, the super low shipments for the region was just crazy, still can't get them anywhere at all without the scalpers premium, and people wonder why the sales are low?

jobrro

Off topic but i feel your pain on those PSVR's i could find plenty on amazon/yahoo auctions but starting at 80,000y+, the super low shipments for the region was just crazy, still can't get them anywhere at all without the scalpers premium, and people wonder why the sales are low?

Yes it was crazy. I visited Yodabashi Yokohama on release and there had a sold out sign before opening. BIC Camera nearby had a lottery but it wasn't going to be drawn until the afternoon and obviously was very chance based.

I saw it go up just after 9am on release day on Amazon JP but I wasn't prepared with 1 Click ordering so missed out.

I am sure Nintendo Switch will restock more often than PSVR but I don't want to wait around Amazon or stores for a long time unnecessarily. The competition to get highly in demand goods is insane here, there was a thread on GAF even saying the Yakuza were paying people to wait in line for PSVR for scalping purposes. Source was Amazon reviews but who knows.

Flintty

Yup, clearly all Nintendos fault. Lol are you kidding? You can't blame Nintendo.

Anyway, thanks for the vids but clearly some shady shit going on leading up to the posting of the vids. I'm glad the law has got involved and it has been sorted.

EDIT: Oh, it was stolen from Nintendo in the first place. Hmm, well, ok.

What a knucklehead post. How about you not jump to conclusions? It's like everyone on the web is looking for some cause to take up.

jobrro

Yup, clearly all Nintendos fault. Lol are you kidding? You can't blame Nintendo.

Anyway, thanks for the vids but clearly some shady shit going on leading up to the posting of the vids. I'm glad the law has got involved and it has been sorted.

Thanks for reading recent posts. You are a treasure.

Edit: My stance : hiphop gave us valuable info after GAF persuaded him.

Somewhere along the chain from Nintendo to retailer or guy selling it goods were stolen. I have faith in hiphop that he has been telling the truth, he would not have posted the video otherwise without being egged on by GAF in the Changed Your Mind on Switch Preorder thread. I don't have information to confirm otherwise so I will be optimistic that the some guy who provided us videos of the OS and unboxing didn't feel like he was in the wrong.

If it was stolen at some point Nintendo should absolutely recall it. I also hope they give us some more information on the day one OS and it's capabilities before March 3rd.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member

Spoiler: The OS boots up Zelda.

What exactly are they going to do a Direct on, how fast the menus are ? Nintendo are set until they want to reveal more games (probably a Direct prior to the MK8D launch).

EloquentM

aka Mannny
For people who still don't know the full situation:

1. Thieves steal switches from nintendo distributor
2. sell to random dude (friend?)
3. random dude try to sell on reddit
4. Profit?? fail
5. talk about it on Gaf and claim he wants to sell it - show UI
6. gets device taken back as it was stolen
7. GAF defence force GO

See reddit for more:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ndo_has_taken_back_the_leaked_switch_console/
actually most of the defense came before people knew he was attempting to resell a stolen product. Even then most defenders just wanted Nintendo to show some good will. That changed for a lot of people when the reddit post reared its head.

jobrro

What exactly are they going to do a Direct on, how fast the menus are ? Nintendo are set until they want to reveal more games (probably a Direct prior to the MK8D launch).

Something on VC support and VC BC and paid online features would be nice. Possibly applications like Netflix and Youtube in the future would also be nice.

Would just be nice to hear something from Nintendo in a decent length video from official channels in the weeks between January 12 and March 3rd.

Futaba

To be fair, i'd take an officially released video showing the features/etc at this point, anything but complete radio silence really, I'm sticking with my preorder regardless but the tight lipped nature isn't doing them any favors.

Hell just a series of basic videos showing us how the interface works in the same way they showed off how the basic hardware functions would be fine, but as it stands, the console releases in 12 days and the only look anyone has actually had of the retail UI has been through a stolen console making it out into the wild.

I keep seeing people say "this wouldn't have happened if Nintendo were more forthcoming with information" and I can't help but think, how fucking clueless are you? People saying this honestly think that thieves stole a highly anticipated unreleased system because Nintendo hasn't done a Direct on the UI, and not because it's oh I don't know, a highly anticipated unreleased system that they could sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars?!

What fantasy world are you living in? Nobody stole a shipment of Switches to help get the word out on the UI. They stole them to make money. It's not like Nintendo didn't know or wouldn't have figured out a shipment went missing until HHR uploaded his video, ruining it for those Robin Hooding do-gooders that were only trying to help those thirsty for information.

I keep seeing people say "this wouldn't have happened if Nintendo were more forthcoming with information" and I can't help but think, how fucking clueless are you? People saying this honestly think that thieves stole a highly anticipated unreleased system because Nintendo hasn't done a Direct on the UI, and not because it's oh I don't know, a highly anticipated unreleased system that they could sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars?!

What fantasy world are you living in? Nobody stole a shipment of Switches to help get the word out on the UI. They stole them to make money. It's not like Nintendo didn't know or wouldn't have figured out a shipment went missing until HHR uploaded his video, ruining it for those Robin Hooding do-gooders that were only trying to help those thirsty for information.

I think for some people GAF is their fantasy world where such a thing makes sense

Thanks for reading recent posts. You are a treasure.

Edit: My stance : hiphop gave us valuable info after GAF persuaded him.

Somewhere along the chain from Nintendo to retailer or guy selling it goods were stolen. I have faith in hiphop that he has been telling the truth, he would not have posted the video otherwise without being egged on by GAF in the Changed Your Mind on Switch Preorder thread. I don't have information to confirm otherwise so I will be optimistic that the some guy who provided us videos of the OS and unboxing didn't feel like he was in the wrong.

If it was stolen at some point Nintendo should absolutely recall it. I also hope they give us some more information on the day one OS and it's capabilities before March 3rd.

Lol oh my

Turns out he lied about how he got the Switch, was involved with some shady people, tried to resell stolen goods, no one believed it was real until he started posting videos on GAF, and that's when Nintendo ninjas struck.

But don't worry he can explain.

Wow. There goes my sympathy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom