• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

This is very exciting development for Dragon Ball as a series. There seems like there's going to be an emphasis on not just transformation power ups, but special technique/skill style powerups, and that will be a key method in how characters become more powerful.

caliph95

Anyway finds it weird the way Jiren treats Toppo? I dunno how I'd define it, but it doesn't seem like they are 'sworn friends 'like Toppo put it and it doesn't seem like Jiren respects Toppo as his leader or his friend

He seems like he's ordering him around most of the time instead of the other way around 'Move. I'll go.' (when they fought Maji Kayo and Toppo was about to help Dyspo), or when he decides to take out Kale on his own.

Then Dyspo was like 'Jiren, Sorry' when Maji Kayo let him go, like he's the actual boss, and Maji Kayo actually refers to him as the boss 'Here comes the boss at last'

Plus, at the same time, The Supreme Kai of Universe 3 says 'Now, Maji Kayo san, reveal Jiren's mystery!'

There's definitely something going on with Jiren's power and his eyes, dunno what it is, maybe some of the theories with Belmod are correct?
Doesn't feel like Jiren is ordered around since he seems to listen to Toppo besides blue Buu and that's just to quickly deal with him and The General and Dyspo didn't dispute the friend thing

Also Dyspo is Dyspo and we don't know what his rank is exactly he could be under General or same rank from all we know

Not saying it isn't possible

Another believer, we'll get along just fine - Welcome!

nSY7Ct6.gif

It's amazing how awful Goku's face looks in that episode.

M.D

Caulifla/Kale are easily the best non-U7 thing about this arc. Love them.

I like you

has me worried about Kale. It sounds like a repeat of the second half of 100.
Unless she doesn't lose control
I'm a little worried.

Worried as in Goku or someone else will knock her out, or just her losing control? I don't know that she has any reason to lose control based on the previous time she went Berserk, unless Goku or someone else hurts Caulifla

Skii

I feel like it's gonna be a slog returning to the pacing of the normal schedule after an hour long episode. It would suit this tournament set up a lot better to have larger chunks rather than 20 minute episodes.

HardRojo

I feel like it's gonna be a slog returning to the pacing of the normal schedule after an hour long episode. It would suit this tournament set up a lot better to have larger chunks rather than 20 minute episodes.

Yeah, but at least I got the Black arc in the Latam dub to keep me company for a few weeks :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Or less "episodic" self-contained episodes.

Blader

has me worried about Kale. It sounds like a repeat of the second half of 100.
Unless she doesn't lose control
I'm a little worried.

I interpreted it as meaning
that the form is just called Super Saiyan Berserk (not to be confused with Trunks', uh, Super Saiyan Rage :lol), not that she actually goes berserk.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This is very exciting development for Dragon Ball as a series. There seems like there's going to be an emphasis on not just transformation power ups, but special technique/skill style powerups, and that will be a key method in how characters become more powerful.

Better way to say it, the series is simply more fun than DBZ. It brought back a lot of the charm DB had and mixed it with DBZ. When Goku had to beat people who had unique techniques rather than a straight power battle or someone who regens. Hit is a great example, where he wasn't strong than Vegeta or Goku, but his ability is time stop. Meaning Goku had to figure out a way to read it and work out a strategy. It was refreshing. Then they concluded with a DBZ style power battle over an episode. It's like the best bits of both DB and DBZ rolled into one.

Skeeter49

It's a red herring. The actual climax is later.
Yeah, I think them calling 109 to 110 the beginning of the climax was to build hype for the special. I still feel we're in the middle act.

Unless the tournament is interrupted, then pacing of the ToP doesn't matter too much.

Blader

I assume 109-110 is the beginning of the climax in the same way that Goku going SSJ was the beginning of the climax of the Frieza saga, or Goku vs. Cell at the Cell Games was the beginning of the climax for that arc.

This arc will undoubtedly end with
a Goku/Jiren rematch that makes fuller use of the 'mastery of self-movement' stuff

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I assume 109-110 is the beginning of the climax in the same way that Goku going SSJ was the beginning of the climax of the Frieza saga, or Goku vs. Cell at the Cell Games was the beginning of the climax for that arc.

This arc will undoubtedly end with
a Goku/Jiren rematch that makes fuller use of the 'mastery of self-movement' stuff

I see a more Gohan/Goku team up versus Jiren. And it ends as time runs out. U7 wins, but not a clean victory. Then they bring on what the Grand Priest's real ploy is or end it YuYu style with a let's repeat this every year!

HeroR

Yeah, I think them calling 109 to 110 the beginning of the climax was to build hype for the special. I still feel we're in the middle act.

Unless the tournament is interrupted, then pacing of the ToP doesn't matter too much.

It was said several times that we past the halfway mark.

I see a more Gohan/Goku team up versus Jiren. And it ends as time runs out. U7 wins, but not a clean victory. Then they bring on what the Grand Priest's real ploy is or end it YuYu style with a let's repeat this every year!

It isn’t in Goku’s nature to 2v1 someone. He wants a fair fight.

It was said several times that we past the halfway mark.

It isn’t in Goku’s nature to 2v1 someone. He wants a fair fight.

He 2v1ed against Buu with Vegeta, not just in a fusion form either. He did the same against Raditz with Piccolo. When the situation calls for it, Goku has demonstrated to not have any qualms about utilizing every advantage available to them. Also, just like Android 18 and Krilen taught Goku, not every fight is a fight you can handle on your own, and in such cases you must team up against the opponent. This isn't a one on one tournament.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
He 2v1ed against Buu with Vegeta, not just in a fusion form either. He did the same against Raditz with Piccolo. When the situation calls for it, Goku has demonstrated to not have any qualms about utilizing every advantage available to them. Also, just like Android 18 and Krilen taught Goku, not every fight is a fight you can handle on your own, and in such cases you must team up against the opponent. This isn't a one on one tournament.
They played RPS and took turns against Buu.

HeroR

He didn’t fight side-by-side with Vegeta, they tagged team, and Super Buu was a ‘cheater’ from Goku’s POV since he absorbed people, so he ‘cheated’ back. Raditz is the only real exception where Goku 2v1.

He jumped into Hit’s fight purely because it was 2v1 and when the Supreme Kai suggested that U7 double or even tripled team, Goku called it unfair.

AdanVC

Honestly, I hope Jiren kicks Goku's ass real bad so he can take this freaking tournament seriously and stop joking around. Like, look what you caused because of your jokes and your n___n face. The universes are being deleted from eternity and it's all your fault, you dumb Saiyan!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's what you call a lesson well learned..................

Goku threw out all the pre-tournament stuff right when it started. Agreeing on teamwork? Nah. His friends? Nope, sorry Krillin, etc.

Honestly, I hope Jiren kicks Goku's ass real bad so he can take this freaking tournament seriously and stop joking around. Like, look what you caused because of your jokes and your n___n face. The universes are being deleted from eternity and it's all your fault, you dumb Saiyan!

Would be nice but I'm having doubts.

LotusHD

Banned

cf9338146ca35b7754e8778ad4e0cce489b8c9d8_hq.jpg

Ash735

Kinda want Goku to be knocked out, now THAT would be a shock turn. Make it so Gohan, Vegeta and Freeza are the mains for U7.

Top Bottom