• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a bad driver, and have been pulled over 20+ times this year

XenIneX

We call it a rolling stop, we all do it, just not when a fucking cop is behind us.
Speak for yourself.

I seriously don't understand this. Is it the same WTF-ery which makes people weave dangerously through traffic in order to get three whole car-lengths ahead (only to end up being passed again at the next light)?

It's not like you're going to get anywhere any faster by rolling through a stop. It's not saving your tires, brakes, or gas. It's just...sloppy. And lazy.

I don't get it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Do you know why so many politician's with Dui's can still drive? Traffic school, It's the best invention ever for people who can actually afford what the court system does to us.

That's actually one of my violations lol, was the middle of my registration month. Other was an open container of hot alcohol, and the last was speeding near a construction truck.
Was it mulled wine?

v1lla21

Nah, never been pulled over. Yeah the shit you've been pulled over for may seem petty but it isn't just because either. Lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If the cops liked you, you would not have these tickets. Maintaining a healthy relations with the police is networking beneficial to your financial being.

hahaaaa

No family members that like you on the force OP?

Jebusman

Banned
OP is your account just some sort of sick performance art?

Between this, the "I don't understand why nepotism is so bad it helped me" thread, the complaining about narcissists thread combined with your "I'm the michael jordan of overwatch" defense of toxic behavior in games, I refuse to believe you aren't just trying to fuck with us all.

Tagyhag

Signal, assholes. We're not psychic. And signal BEFORE you make your stupid maneuvers. PS you absolutely suck at driving.

Lol for real. I see people doing it a split second before they start turning as if somehow that's ok.

Also, Californian here, I don't California brake. That shit is stupid.

ty_hot

I cant think of a single time I drove more than 5 minutes and didn't 'california brake' as you guys are saying.

jfkgoblue

Speak for yourself.

I seriously don't understand this. Is it the same WTF-ery which makes people weave dangerously through traffic in order to get three whole car-lengths ahead (only to end up being passed again at the next light)?

It's not like you're going to get anywhere any faster by rolling through a stop. It's not saving your tires, brakes, or gas. It's just...sloppy. And lazy.

I don't get it.
You're telling me, that when you pull up to an empty 4 way stop with no other cars on the road, you come to a complete stop every time? If you see a cop you make you do, but half the time it's reflexive.

Pagusas

Elden Member
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Between this, the "I don't understand why nepotism is so bad it helped me" thread, the complaining about narcissists thread combined with your "I'm the michael jordan of overwatch" defense of toxic behavior in games, I refuse to believe you aren't just trying to fuck with us all.
This is that same guy?! Holy hell, OP!

Are you young and driving a car deemed too nice for you? Are you brown/black and same as above? If so there is nothing you can do to avoid being pulled over by cops!

AColdDay

I worked as a financial auditor for a state government for a few years and one of the things I did was audit cities and counties. When you audit a city, you typically audit the police department as well. One of the things I needed to check was whether or not the tickets that the police department wrote were real and that the money went where it was supposed to go.

There are two kinds of tickets, traffic and criminal and one day I spent the day looking through traffic tickets to find out how fast you really needed to be going to get pulled over by the cops. Of course, during an audit you typically never go through ALL of anything, you just test a reasonably sized sample. Tickets were no different, but I went above and beyond in this research. In the several cities that I audited, you needed to be going 10 miles over the speed limit to get ticketed (for the most part). Most of the tickets were actually for going over 15, but 10 was common as well. Getting a ticket for going 5 mph over the speed limit was actually incredibly rare. It did happen, but incredibly rare.

Just keep that in mind as you are driving. If you are going 10 miles over the speed limit, you are at a pretty high risk of a cop pulling you over. If you are going 5, you are pretty low risk. If you need to speed, keep it around 5!

XenIneX

You're telling me, that when you pull up to an empty 4 way stop with no other cars on the road, you come to a complete stop every time? If you see a cop you make you do, but half the time it's reflexive.

Yes. Every. Time.

It's not a thing I think about. I've always done it, therefore I always do it. "It's reflexive."

Rolling through gains me literally nothing. It makes me a worse driver. It ingrains bad habits. Those bad habits get you tagged by the cops. And then, you turn into OP, wondering why the cops keep tagging you for driving like an asshole.

I also use turn signals every time I turn or change lanes. Even when I'm the only person there. Because it's a habit. Because doing so costs me nothing. Because not doing so would give me bad habits.

Just remember to do it. And then keep doing it. And... eventually... you'll forget to not do it. And then, maybe, you won't get pulled over next time.

lol fr

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'd heard rolling through stop signs called the California roll. California breaking is new on me. That said, I'm pretty sure the OP is a troll account. Anyhow, if you can't drive without breaking the law at least pull over somewhere whenever you see a cop following you.

My cousin was paying something ludicrous until he was dropped entirely. He had 8 accidents in one year, though in his defense one of them was completely the other person's fault, so it was really only 7 that hurt his insurance.

Dear God. More shocked that they didn't lose their license.

HotHamBoy

I had to put $548 down payment to Geico before they gave me mah policy, I pay $367 a month.

Holy shit, just quit driving now.

Like, take the bus. That's only going to go up, if you can even keep it.

Man, that would be nice. Real nice, maybe in a decade lol.

Yeah, no, your insurance is never going down if you are getting pulled over 20 times in a year. Good luck learning how to drive.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'd heard rolling through stop signs called the California roll. California breaking is new on me. That said, I'm pretty sure the OP is a troll account. Anyhow, if you can't drive without breaking the law at least pull over somewhere whenever you see a cop following you.

It was called a "California Stop" in the mid west when I was in school.

Pagusas

Elden Member
My cousin was paying something ludicrous until he was dropped entirely. He had 8 accidents in one year, though in his defense one of them was completely the other person's fault, so it was really only 7 that hurt his insurance.

That's how one of my coworkers is. I'm surprised any insurance carrier even covers him now. I know he's paying an insane amount (like $400+ a month).

My wife and I pay $55 total a month for full coverage great insurance.

I used to visit my brother in Arizona. I'm asian but tan easily and get really dark, and used to get pulled over all the time down there, but never got pulled over or ticketed anywhere else. Cops would stop me and ask all kinds of questions about where I was going, what was in the trunk, if I had any bags or a cooler they'd want to look inside, etc. I never got ticketed but it was a pain. So OP I'd believe it if it was a racial profiling thing....

That's actually one of my violations lol, was the middle of my registration month. Other was an open container of hot alcohol, and the last was speeding near a construction truck.

....or more likely you are a bad driver.

Royce McCutcheon

I mean, my speeding in construction was 60 in a 55, and no one was in that construction car I was looking. Those other ones are on me, but a lot if these stops were lower class neighborhoods, and they were always searching my shit. Like I've seen those dogs quite a few times. "Where you coming from, what are you doing here" Like, if this a signal ticket, just give me the damn ticket, what's the extra for. I drive a damn Chrysler, and they swear I sell dope. I've never been in an accident in 15 odd years., so I think I drive decent enough.

Top Bottom