• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography Thread of 2017

SBH

Here are some pics from last spring:

_dsc2995usqqd.jpg

_dsc1234jko93.jpg

_dsc25486hr2k.jpg

_dsc8754w9pap.jpg

_dsc3173n3re3.jpg

_dsc85613nqwu.jpg

_dsc7926apq5n.jpg

_dsc8745p3oev.jpg

_dsc2346awo73.jpg

_dsc2414haogr.jpg

_dsc3006hfrkm.jpg

vern

Spring looks miserable wherever you are.

Some nice shots though. I like the bird (so nice you posted twice), and the last snowy pic in the tunnel.

SBH

That was Finland. Spring after the winter always feels great though.
Anyway, thanks and took the other away.

vern

That was Finland. Spring after the winter always feels great though.
Anyway, thanks and took the other away.

Winter must be really really really miserable then if that blizzard feels great. Damn I take not living in the arctic for granted.

SBH

Winter must be really really really miserable then if that blizzard feels great. Damn I take not living in the arctic for granted.
That was just an cold spell last May. Snow had already melted and that one lasted just one day.
Cold, colorless darkness for months really does take a toll on you...

sneaky77

That was just an cold spell last May. Snow had already melted and that one lasted just one day.
Cold, colorless darkness for months really does take a toll on you...

I am going to Finland the last week of October for work, any recommendations?

Groof

Thanks... maybe I should try it 16x9.
I think it would definitely look dope with a move movie-like aesthetic. Great shots btw, the one behind the glass has a nice dream-like feel to it.
there's also visible panties in one, but maybe that's on purpose.

vern

I think it would definitely look dope with a move movie-like aesthetic. Great shots btw, the one behind the glass has a nice dream-like feel to it.
there's also visible panties in one, but maybe that's on purpose.

Yea we weren't concerned about her
panties
. 🙈

We posting SNES Classics? I'm in!

Yes, my NES Classic is a bit dusty coz I actually have it on my TV stand... occasionally playing it lol.

I watch people, sometimes look at buildings and how the clouds are above them. If what I'm looking at looks like it's interesting or doing something that I can capture in motion I take the picture. Then I just edit it to the best of my ability.

DSCF9064 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF9118 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF8951 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF8942 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF8847 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF9288 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

Asian dance troupe:

DSCF9209 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF9270 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

DSCF9348 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

S.Dedalus

JadedWriter... what is your approach to street photography? I really enjoy your photos.

new kitten so I had to take photos right?

G13o7Jph.jpg

UzrNU7ah.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hK53mech.jpg[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZwpH38Eh.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I love the light in these, especially all the warmth in the first two. What big paws this cutie has!

Sorbete

Hi, how can I determinate the quality of two different photos.

One photo is 768x1280 and the other one is 960x1280, both 96dpi.

Supposedly the photo that is 960x1280 was taken with a 8 Megapixels Camera and the other one with a worse one. But it gives the impression that the photos taken by the worse camera are better.

Is there a thumb rule for quality of photos?

Hi, how can I determinate the quality of two different photos.

One photo is 768x1280 and the other one is 960x1280, both 96dpi.

Supposedly the photo that is 960x1280 was taken with a 8 Megapixels Camera and the other one with a worse one. But it gives the impression that the photos taken by the worse camera are better.

Is there a thumb rule for quality of photos?
Well, no, not really. First off, DPI is more or less completely useless for this;it's only relevant to printing and can be adjusted anyway.

Quality is not solely dependant on file resolution; that being said, the two photos you're talking about are the same "resolution" but are two different aspect ratios.
Resolution is not necessarily a large factor in terms of "quality" past a certain point. A Sony a7s takes 12mp photos. An iPhone takes probably like 40 at this point or some shit. But the iPhone will get the dogshit kicked out of it by the a7s, hands down no contest.

In short, we can't tell you.
Just look at the photos and go with whichever one you like.

Sorbete

Well, no, not really. First off, DPI is more or less completely useless for this;it's only relevant to printing and can be adjusted anyway.

Quality is not solely dependant on file resolution; that being said, the two photos you're talking about are the same "resolution" but are two different aspect ratios.
Resolution is not necessarily a large factor in terms of "quality" past a certain point. A Sony a7s takes 12mp photos. An iPhone takes probably like 40 at this point or some shit. But the iPhone will get the dogshit kicked out of it by the a7s, hands down no contest.

In short, we can't tell you.
Just look at the photos and go with whichever one you like.

Thanks for your input

Top Bottom