• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Samaritan

My GameStop Cloud Player 2 order arrived just a few moments ago, meaning I've finally completed my Smash collection!

49bd7440ec7c07183a676bf3f0182ee20621c20e5c3442d4bb451c76fe3529e9.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone thinks it's over until the Koopalings and alts are announced

Piscus

Got my Pikmin amiibo delivered today. It feels so good to have all the remaining non-released amiibo already locked down....

Neiteio

The Guardian amiibo is INSANE. I think it's my favorite of the 50+ I own. So intricately detailed, beautifully painted and textured, and the arms are posable!

Almost tempted to buy more of them and pose them in different ways, lol.

The_Kid

The Guardian amiibo is INSANE. I think it's my favorite of the 50+ I own. So intricately detailed, beautifully painted and textured, and the arms are posable!

Almost tempted to buy more of them and pose them in different ways, lol.

My only problem with it is tat the neon paint always looks so out of place, like some of the regular paint is melting or something XD

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Fished all my Smash amiibo out of storage and I'm gonna start offering what I decide not to keep.

KVe2JOh.jpg

I have a few friends I'm gonna offer to first but I'll be listing the remainder here shortly.

Defect

Alrighty, so I just need these to complete my Smash collection. But they've been impossible to find in store for a year now :/

Mario
Kirby
Wario
WiiFit
Yoshi
Zelda
Bowser

Alrighty, so I just need these to complete my Smash collection. But they've been impossible to find in store for a year now :/

Mario
Kirby
Wario
WiiFit
Yoshi
Zelda
Bowser
I got WFT on Amazon as a European import for 13 bucks with prime last year. Not sure of prices now, but I'd guess they're not too different.
Edit: There's a Japan import with prime for 16.50.

Sillution

It's finally over. My entire smash amiibo collection is complete. All brand new still in boxes. Player 2 Corrin just arrived. From telling myself I'd never buy a single one to now owning every US single smash amiibo, all 3 yoshi yarn amiibos, Giant Yarn yoshi. I am done.

zroid

Banned
So how many third party amiibo are there now?

- Sonic
- Mega Man
- Pac Man
- Shovel Knight
- Ryu
- Bayonetta
- Bayonetta 2
- Cloud
- Cloud 2
- the Monster Hunter ones

is that all

TrojanAg

Just started collecting amiibo recently with the purchase of both Bayonetta and Cloud amiibo. I'm late to the game so I'm not aiming to get all of the smash amiibo, and definitely not all of them. I'm focusing primarily on Legend of Zelda and BotW amiibos. Still need Ocarina of Time Link and 8-bit Link and it looks like eBay is the only way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads-up, in Hey, Pikmin, you need very specific versions of Amiibo, so neither my SSB or pixel versions of Mario work because you need the one from the Super Mario line.

Granted, from what I understand, having the Pikmin amiibo will let you earn a random replica of amiibos you don't have, so I guess that's a fair compensation.

Fished all my Smash amiibo out of storage and I'm gonna start offering what I decide not to keep.

KVe2JOh.jpg

I have a few friends I'm gonna offer to first but I'll be listing the remainder here shortly.

I think I hit you up about it a few weeks ago when you mentioned possibly selling, but let me know when you're gonna clear those out. I might buy a bunch off of you.

Sillution

Do you think someone would buy the entire collection of US smash amiibos brand new in boxes if I listed it online as a whole collection. Now owning them all... I kinda want part with them. I wouldn't want to part with 1 by 1, it would be all or nothing.

And before anyone asks, I would rather put the money towards my one year old daughter then really keep these all.

So how many third party amiibo are there now?

- Sonic
- Mega Man
- Pac Man
- Shovel Knight
- Ryu
- Bayonetta
- Bayonetta 2
- Cloud
- Cloud 2
- the Monster Hunter ones

is that all

Do you mean 3rd party amiibo figures, or amiibo figures of 3rd party characters? I'm assuming the latter, since you list several 1st party (i.e. Nintendo produced) figures there.

If it is the latter, then all of those plus Gold Mega Man.

If you mean figures that are themselves produced by 3rd parties, then it's just Shovel Knight, the Monster Hunter line, the Skylanders line, and possibly Gold Mega Man (even though it's a repainted Smash Mega Man, I believe Capcom produced it - at the very least they commissioned it).

Persona7

Banned
Just got my box from best buy. It looked like an accordion on the outside. Bayonetta P2 on the inside was in perfect condition though not a single bend or damage to the amiibo packaging.

maxcriden

ピクミンのアミーボがかわいいんですよ…!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, UPS was rather late in delivering the Pikmin amiibo, they usually arrive before or right as I'm waking up. Either way, Pikmin amiibo look rather nice. Though had to rearrange my collection so I could put it next to my Olimar one.

kunonabi

Pikmin amiibo showed up along with miitopia and hey! Pikmin. Bit of a smudge on of the pikmin but you cant notice it unless you really look. Very happy with it otherwise.

goldenpp72

If anyone here has the exclusive Gamestop or Amazon Link figures but somehow doesn't have the Best Buy one, I found a couple and would definitely trade for em. US versions.

Before I return these spares to bb, did anyone need bayo 1&2, corrin1 or cloud 1? I ordered spares because I ended up with 75 in bb GC from the laptop trade in promo and Bob's stupid site won't let you change payment methods

Samaritan

Alright, here we go. Decided to clear out some of my amiibo, boxed and unboxed.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. No crazy scalper prices, though I may go a bit over MSRP for a few of the rarer ones depending on their current selling prices.

New in Box:
Hulk

Oh damn! You've got the Hulk Amiibo NIB?! I want in on that!

Shauni

you know how come they never offered male wii fit trainer?

i guess the female one is the more iconic one

They've only offered the default look for every Smash character with the exception of the last three. There's several characters with alts who are entirely alternate characters that haven't seen release (WFT, Alph, the Koopalings, female Robin). If they continue doing a Player 2 thing we'll probably see male WFT

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
A bunch of folks PMed me over the weekend interested in purchasing my amiibo but very few have gotten back to me. If you're not interested please let me know so I can let other posters have access to the amiibo you originally requested.

Thanks.

Top Bottom