• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
America should be ashamed, I'd be embarrassed if I was American. It blows my mind how this guy who spews racist garbage, treats women like garbage and just all the other crap he's said can win the presidency.

Apparently Clinton wasn't entertaining enough, and those of us who could easily tell that Trump is an unqualified idiot were too mean.

Guess it's time to move to Canada.

3abk3yi.gif

Nope, they're going to build a wall there ;)

Edit: beaten lol

joms5

You're not smart. You're never gonna be smart, i'm never gonna take you seriously, and you're a racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, misogynist who voted for one. Thanks for fucking nothing, that goes for you and every other closet racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, misogynist, rapist supporter on this website.

Second time attacking a person because they are happy their candidate won?

Go to bed. This person did nothing to you.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
A platform rooted in hate & bigotry won tonight. This is a sad day in democratic history. Neither candidate was great, but the one who won tonight has no important presidential virtues.

I'm at a complete loss that this could happen in a well educated country.

Overall, we aren't well educated. I would also bet you that at least 10%, both sides and many who sat out, get their news from Facebook news feeds of all places. A lot of stupid shit happened this cycle.

Dalek

Truly a sad night for our country. Progress for millions of good, decent people just gets flushed down the drain overnight because some jerks are more concerned with winning a fight than doing the best thing for our country.

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
I've said this a couple of times, but I'm more sure of it now... I don't think she could speak to a crowd. I genuinely think she would've burst into tears, and wouldn't be able to stop.

God forbid she do something that would make people like her.

Well, I'm just hoping that he'll be more or less a moderate conservative in office that will end up backpedalling on many statements and attitudes shown during the election, but my fellow citizens electing an openly bigoted, anti-immigrant, climate change-denier as President depresses the hell out of me. Then there's no positive outlook for minimum wage, equal pay, health care and law enforcement reform... I never felt this kind of disappointment when G.W. Bush got in, or when his father took office following eight years of Reagan because there was a sense of some general decency and basic empathy there, but tonight's result has me feeling very unsettled.

I wonder how the Trump-voters feel, knowing how large parts of the world looks at them now.

A lot of Americans don't get why the rest of the world hates their patriotism and pride. It's because when they do shit like this, they stand there with a shield up,covering their ears, rambling "We're the best we're the best we're the best!".

Obama made people in Europe say "Yeah, America is great, they just have some bad seeds". Now, people will yet again sigh every time they see an American flag in a movie, they'll get irritated whenever they see a baldheaded eagle, they'll internally scream every time they hear a country song about riding trucks in Alabama.

Ekai

It's funny reading all these comments about how America is doomed. I remember reading the exact same type of comments from Republicans when Obama was elected President in 2008.

The SC will be extremist right-wing for decades. Minorities are fucked.

Tacitus_

How can you elect someone who wasn't fit to rule his own Twitter account? Or maybe more to the point, how can you lose to someone like that?

Like Brexit the polls were all wrong.

Many people were too afraid to admit in voting for Brexit. Kept it quiet and made it count in the vote.

I never expected it to be like this. The world needs a strong President the Daily Telegraph said yesterday.

Good much America. I hope you pull through.

*as a personal opinion here I think Trump may be quite surprising as a President. Time will tell.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
As someone who lived under a decade plus of Berlusconi:
No, the shame of having someone like that heading your country doesn't go away.

TheMan

And that's that. Stunned. Unbelievable.

America has spoken, and America stands for racism, misogyny, and homophobia.

RoKKeR

Absolutely surreal... wow.

Have a difficult road ahead, I hope we can come together after this election but at the moment I'm not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom