• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog's new PR person is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hating on your own products, despite how obviously trash they may be, does not a good PR person make.

Its hilarious, but I doubt he or she will be allowed to continue for long.

You say that as if Sonic games could get more hate than they do.

The bigger risk is that at some point he says something that's (probably unintentionally) offensive to someone either in the company or the general public. Most PR people aren't actually tone-deaf or clueless, it's just an affectation they take on as a result of sanitizing everything they say for absolute safety.

As long as you can watch your step and avoid causing a huge mess, there's nothing wrong with self-aware PR. It's just much harder to do.

Platy

favorite of the non posted :

uV2UeeO.png

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/608359346863542273

Fury451

Banned
This is pretty funny actually.

Expected try hard corporate PR written by someone that hasn't interacted with a younger person since 1994.

Pleasantly amused.

Imm0rt4l

I like that they can make fun of themselves. But it's still sad. This is like conceding, "yeah I ain't shit". Which is great, but gives no hope for good sonic games. Now that I think about it there has been no hope for a long time, so bring on the self deprecating humor. Maybe Kevin hart should voice sonic in the future heh.

I like that they can make fun of themselves. But it's still sad. This is like conceding, "yeah I ain't shit". Which is great, but gives no hope for good sonic games. Now that I think about it there has been no hope for a long time, so bring on the self deprecating humor. Maybe Kevin hart should voice sonic in the future heh.

I don't understand this logic. Acknowledging failure is fundamental to addressing deficiencies and general self-improvement. I'm far more worried when a studio reacts to criticism with an answer along the lines of, "Sonic Boom sold {x} number of copies, making it one of the most successful titles in [y] month for the Wii-U!" or similar, because I'm left questioning whether or not they even understand that they fucked up.

Imm0rt4l

I don't understand this logic. Acknowledging failure is fundamental to addressing deficiencies and general self-improvement. I'm far more worried when a studio reacts to criticism with an answer along the lines of, "Sonic Boom sold {x} number of copies, making it one of the most successful titles in [y] month for the Wii-U!" or similar, because I'm left questioning whether or not they even understand that they fucked up.
Yeah.....I don't see any of that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom