• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog's new PR person is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

nopek8odz.png

sjay1994

In a way, is not surprising. There's a lot of negative feedback "on the internets", after the releaae and quality of Sonic Boom and the recent announcement of a new Sonic Boom.

So, getting someone to try to make things fun and better is not unusual in PR.

Because when you embrace your failures rather than shun them, people begin to loose ammunition against you, or might begin to like you.

Geoff Keighly Doritos jokes died down a bit after his tweet about "my favorite game is doritos crash course"

vypek

He considers it the worst Sonic game of the 3D era. Yes. Worse than Sonic Boom. Worse than Unleashed. Worse than 2006.

Note: I should mention, it's not because it's bad, but because it was hyped to FINALLY be the return to form for the franchise, and it dropped the ball. This is in contrast to most reviewers and fans who consider it the best Sonic game of the 3D era.

He gave it a 5, something I'll never forgive him for.

Thanks for explaining, both of you. Makes the tweet exponentially better.

sonto340

Yeah I remember reading RubyEclipse was back. I remember the golden days of the Sonic 4 disaster. He handled it like a damn pro.

To be fair, Colors is inferior to Generations.

But by god, worse than 06 and Boom? How does one even arrive at such a conclusion?

As I said, it's not because it's bad, but because it was hyped to FINALLY be the return to form for the franchise, and it dropped the ball. This is in contrast to most reviewers and fans who consider it the best Sonic game of the 3D era.

See, one of Sterling's biggest things is that since he's a huge fan of Nintendo and Sonic, he's also one of their biggest critics. It didn't help that he despised all things waggle.

He gave it a 5, something I'll never forgive him for.

4.5 actually.

Permanently A

I don't think so, these are awesome answers, not shameful or disrespectful to anything or anyone.

Hating on your own products, despite how obviously trash they may be, does not a good PR person make.

Its hilarious, but I doubt he or she will be allowed to continue for long.

In a way, is not surprising. There's a lot of negative feedback "on the internets", after the releaae and quality of Sonic Boom and the recent announcement of a new Sonic Boom.

So, getting someone to try to make things fun and better is not unusual in PR.

At least they're only doing a 3DS version this time. Then again, the nicest thing one can say about Sonic Boom for 3DS was that it was better than the Wii U version.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jim Sterling gave Sonic Colors a 4.5/10, despite everyone else praising the game.

Jim Sterling reviewed the game really low but Sega PR is not afraid to make some jabs because both Jim and Sega (or in this case RubyEclipse) know how to take a joke.

Not only that. They then sent him one of the promotional banners for the game. Like, an enormous fifteen foot banner

Crocodile

Jim Sterling gave Sonic Colors a 4.5/10, despite everyone else praising the game.

Jim Sterling reviewed the game really low but Sega PR is not afraid to make some jabs because both Jim and Sega (or in this case RubyEclipse) know how to take a joke.

Not only that. They then sent him one of the promotional banners for the game. Like, an enormous fifteen foot banner

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification

Colours does have unresponsive controls which really killed the game for me.

I now follow Sonic The Hedgehog, but then again, I've followed him for over 20 years,

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This man is owning his job.

Arttemis

I met Aaron at Pax'09!! Awesome guy, really. I have a picture of us floating around one of my hard drives. He was tickled by the Dtoid name tag I had on that read, "Hello, my name is Satan", and then we talked about how awesome P* games are, old Sega games, etc. It's great to hear that so many people recognize him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom