• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

The T500RS is confirmed to be compatible.

Yeah I know. It was explicitly confirmed. I'm just saying all PS3 wheels need to be explicitly confirmed the same way. Rushy had mentioned that the manufacturers needed to give them software drivers to ensure compatibility.

Hyunashi

I have to admit, moving this out of launch window means that I will probably buy this rather than play it on ps+. The lighting is gorgeous.

UNCMark

Banned
This looks like it will suit my tastes nicely. Arcadey, semi-realistic racing game. If it was open world like Horizon, it would be a purchase for sure, but as it is now I'll gladly play the PS+ version and if I like it, buy the reduced price full game. At least I think they said PS+ members get a reduced price. Damn shame this missed launch.

This is undoubtedly my most anticipated next gen racing title! And who is this amirox btw? I remember seeing him in gaf and people seem to hate him in the youtube comments section!

Loudninja

This not the newest build btw!

More visual improvements incoming
@AlwayzGaming YES!! Most notably from the video just shared you will see an improvement for the ambient lighting inside the car...
@AlwayzGaming ...and big improvements to the sun, the clouds and the sky overall. When we have that we will show you a full race. :)
@AlwayzGaming We're about to start optimising the reflections in the mirrors too.
@AlwayzGaming ...also the glass windscreen doesn't sit perfectly with the bodywork of the car. We've already
https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB

This is the most natural lighting I have seen in a video game. It looks just so real and non-forced like most other racers. Just amazing! I don't usually play racers but I have to buy this game just to drive around these beautiful track.

This build looks really close to the reveal trailers now. Glad they delayed it.

Evo is one of the most underrated studios. MS was a great series but it didn't get the love it deserved.

Spongebob

Banned
This not even the newest build

More visual improvements incoming

https://twitter.com/DRIVECLUB
1049.gif

ButchCat

Very nice looking environment. I hope that PS+ edition is still intact, the odds of an all new non-Gran Turismo racing game selling well aren't that great.

ICPEE

Jaysus that looks fantastic!!

Note the driver side window cracks when the two cars collide on the first bend. Nice detail.

Looks absolutely lovely. Keep up the great work Evo. Just absolutely love the environments in this.

Disappointed by the delay, but would rather play the best game possible.

The improvements here are massive. Like going from a ps3 looking game to an actual ps4 looking game. Just look at that e3 thread.

Evolution bow

NBtoaster

*PS2 quality motion blur has been replaced by high quality motion blur
*Better lod minimal pop ups
*Hard shadows are gone, soft shadows are in
*Better collision physics/detection compared to the e3 build

I don't see how any of this can be discerned from an 11 second (and rather dark) video.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I can't tell who is being serious in here and who isn't. Are people really blown away by those graphics?

vpance

Gamescom alpha build footage:

7Kz1.gif

Latest:

L2c6P7.gif

Not a great comparison, but the motion blur and lighting improvements make the biggest differences. And the AA obviously got better as well.

Iacobellis

Yeah, I'm starting to be relieved that this got delayed. Will look downright amazing next year. I've also decided I'm going to skip the Plus Edition and drop $60 on a physical copy. Evolution deserves it.

Chobel

I don't see how any of this can be discerned from an 11 second (and rather dark) video.
Other than the second point "Better lod minimal pop ups", everything else seem about right and can be seen in the video especially the motion blur and the shadows. It's unlikely that motion blur and shadows will change during a race, so whatever happened in these 11 seconds it will continue during the whole race.

Anybody remember the Motorstorm: Pacific Rift dev cycle? There was a significant leap in graphics over the span of a couple months in the run-up to launch. Evolution has secret sauce. I'm sure the game will greatly benefit from the delay.

NBtoaster

It's very obvious in the video.

What is? You can barely see any motion blur its so compressed. There's hardly anything on the track that can pop in. And how can there be better collision detection when this is the first time there have been other cars to collide with?

What is? You can barely see any motion blur its so compressed. There's hardly anything on the track that can pop in. And how can there be better collision detection when this is the first time there have been other cars to collide with?
Its obvious if you were following this game since e3.

You soumd like a negative nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom