• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

biDFHU0.gif

The perfect man for Newcastle.

So Italy will be facing either one of Greece, Sweden, and the Irelands.

Think our best chance would be with the Greeks. The Swedish are actually a good team while I don't like our chances with either Ireland. At least we avoid having to face Croatia in order to get in.

Believe in heynckes
He knows how to handle divas and the squad

I believe in him obviously, but it doesn't help that Ribery in the last year and a half has turned into complete locker room cancer. I can tell from his interviews, he's completely disillusioned thinking he's at the level of the best wingers in the world. Was hoping Coman would have more time without Ribs creepily breathing down his neck.

I believe in him obviously, but it doesn't help that Ribery in the last year and a half has turned into complete locker room cancer. I can tell from his interviews, he's completely disillusioned thinking he's at the level of the best wingers in the world. Was hoping Coman would have more time without Ribs creepily breathing down his neck.

Hopefully Coman performs really good so when Ribery comes back and he under performs, Coman can take his spot indefinitely. Regardless i think this will be Riberys last year, hopefully Bayern don't give him a new contract

Kyoufu

Happy for the Newcastle fans in here that Ashley's gone. Curious to see who comes in.

Well, we still have Ashley and we've been up for sale before. There's no guarantee of any mega rich group or individual actually buying the club so I'm not getting my hopes up. If it happens, great, if not, then business as usual.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone watching the draw? As an Irishman I'm hoping we draw Denmark.

I expect Italy to progress comfortably from that draw. Sweden are probably the only team of the unseeded 4 that will actually come out and play against them.

I wanted a hatelove game vs our danish cousins:/ We will probably get a bad first half in the first game from nerves that will destry the chances:/ Like we looked vs the last Netherlands game. I expect a loss on something lame like away goal rule if thats still around.

Ireland is probably the draw most Danes wished for as well. Good draw, would make Denmark slight favorites I think. Just happy it isn't fucking Sweden again

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wanted a hatelove game vs our danish cousins:/ We will probably get a bad first half in the first game from nerves that will destry the chances:/ Like we looked vs the last Netherlands game. I expect a loss on something lame like away goal rule if thats still around.

Away goals will be in effect, so it's a possible scenario.

Wakes up, checks the news, sees Italy faces Sweden for a World Cup spot.

I...think we can do this? Sweden is actually a good enough side that this lot might actually be inclined to try and play well. Then again given the team in question, I can see us somehow blowing this.

Northern Ireland got a raw deal getting Switzerland as their opponent. Can't see them pulling the upset off.

And If Greece can defeat Croatia in the playoffs, that would be great.

Top Bottom