• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Lima

That would be more or less fine if they updated the file also on their servers, but they keep the old version as the one that is downloaded if you buy the game just now right?
So basically you download a 2GB game and as soon as you fire it up you received a message saying that you need a 2GB update....

No, digital games are pre-patched on Xbox One. You are always downloading the latest version.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That would be more or less fine if they updated the file also on their servers, but they keep the old version as the one that is downloaded if you buy the game just now right?
So basically you download a 2GB game and as soon as you fire it up you received a message saying that you need a 2GB update....

Nope. Bought Titanfall the other day and it was already patched to the latest update, same for KI.

Redshirt

Banned
I hate this trend of XB1 games requiring updates that consist only of DLC content that you may not even want.

I also don't like the idea of buying Peggle 2 characters individually, but I guess a $1.99 isn't bad. Anyone buy it?

Despite the 2GB patch, it looks like they didn't even fix the Peggle 2 achievement glitch. A slew of gamers had "Even. More. Cheevos." completed weeks ago, and that's probably the most attractive aspect (150 Gamerscore) of the DLC.

m23

I hate this trend of XB1 games requiring updates that consist only of DLC content that you may not even want.

I also don't like the idea of buying Peggle 2 characters individually, but I guess a $1.99 isn't bad. Anyone buy it?

Despite the 2GB patch, it looks like they didn't even fix the Peggle 2 achievement glitch. A slew of gamers had "Even. More. Cheevos." completed weeks ago, and that's probably the most attractive aspect (150 Gamerscore) of the DLC.

Yeah really stupid that we have to download the dlc even though we're not buying it. A large part of why I'm not buying DR3 right now.

I thought it was optional? It wont let you play DR3 if you don't do it?

Lima

They can't. This is something Microsoft has to fix because it's a fault in the new achievement tracking system. Has nothing to do with the developers. I made them aware of it in the preview forums but I guess it could take a while depending on how high up it is on the priority list.

Redshirt

Banned
I think they are,isn't there an option to turn auto updates off?

I'm not aware of it. Does anyone know?

[Achievement glitch] has nothing to do with the developers.

I don't think that's exactly true. Maybe it is true that the Peggle 2 developers couldn't do anything after the fact, but Ubisoft with Trials Fusion certainly could have simply by treating the challenges as unique objects and basing the achievements on those.

Contrast just got rated by PEGI with the launch date of today. Curious to see if it's a stealth release today or if that is just a placeholder date. Charla did mention that there would be 2 games out this month, no?

Lima

I'm not aware of it. Does anyone know?

I don't think that's exactly true. Maybe it is true that the Peggle 2 developers couldn't do anything after the fact, but Ubisoft with Trials Fusion certainly could have simply by treating the challenges as unique objects and basing the achievements on those.

There is if your box is in instant on. Uncheck the auto update box.

You will still be prompted for updates if you start a game and are connected to Live if an update is available and will obviously be disconnected if you decline the update.

For the achievement glitch. Well the same goes for Peggle. They could have made each objective unique. I guess Redlynx didn't know about the glitch so they used the tracker because they thought it just works you know. Can't really blame them.

About the update check box: When you go to play the game, isn't the update still forced?

Not exactly. You will be prompted for the update, but you can reject it (although that means that you will be disconnected from Live). You can play the game, but your achievements status will not be updated while you do not exit the game and reconnected to Live. You cannot play multiplayer as well, and no friends will see you.

Contrast just got rated by PEGI with the launch date of today. Curious to see if it's a stealth release today or if that is just a placeholder date. Charla did mention that there would be 2 games out this month, no?

The dates for other titles are wrong though. SSZ release date says 27th March, Trials Fusion 17th April, Worms 17th March, Kinect Sports Rivals 26th Feb and for some reason Worms has another listing for 28th Feb.

I'd say its indicative of the game very soon though, perhaps next week

lifelower

The dates for other titles are wrong though. SSZ release date says 27th March, Trials Fusion 17th April, Worms 17th March, Kinect Sports Rivals 26th Feb and for some reason Worms has another listing for 28th Feb.

I'd say its indicative of the game very soon though, perhaps next week

I think PEGI's "release date" means publication date of the rating, and Worms was submitted and rated again.

Redshirt

Banned
Not exactly. You will be prompted for the update, but you can reject it (although that means that you will be disconnected from Live). You can play the game, but your achievements status will not be updated while you do not exit the game and reconnected to Live. You cannot play multiplayer as well, and no friends will see you.

Ahh. I didn't even realize you could reject it, but I guess that's not a practical option for most, me included.

There is if your box is in instant on. Uncheck the auto update box.

You will still be prompted for updates if you start a game and are connected to Live if an update is available and will obviously be disconnected if you decline the update.

For the achievement glitch. Well the same goes for Peggle. They could have made each objective unique. I guess Redlynx didn't know about the glitch so they used the tracker because they thought it just works you know. Can't really blame them.

When it disconnects you can still play the game offline though correct?

zebwinz

So did you get the package?

Also, Gamestop is selling codes for Castle Storm Complete Edition:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/castle-storm-complete-edition/114325

Anyone wanna try what there are really providing?

Look closer: description says this

This is a purchase of Xbox LIVE currency. You may redeem the currency for the content shown or for other

So Castle Storm Complete is probably coming soon, but buying that from Gamestop will only get you $15 of MS currency to then spend on the game (or any other item).

So did you get the package?

Also, Gamestop is selling codes for Castle Storm Complete Edition:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/castle-storm-complete-edition/114325

Anyone wanna try what there are really providing?

Banjo-Kazooie should buy it too. Perhaps he'll get a castle to put those worms in.

So did he get Worms?

HAHA, good one Steve. My worms would destroy that pesky castle though.

I have not gotten the package yet, although I am at work so haven't had a chance to check today. Let's just say I'm pretty skeptical about receiving the game itself. Here's my timeline.

April 17: Go to website, see that the game has it's own page, completed with boxart (example). Assume they have physical copies as it mentions being "ready to ship now". I order my copy, email confirmation says it usually takes 24 hours for products to ship.

Fast forward to April 21. After waiting for shipping confirmation for 4 days (give them a pass due to weekend), I FINALLY get shipment confirmation email. Email states they are shipping "Worm Battlegrounds" (funny that they messed up the title as it should be Worms) and to allow 5 days for shipping. At this point, credit card gets charged $10.

April 22: Go to their website and see that they removed the boxart and replaced it with a generic looking logo. The also added different wording that this product was no longer shipped and was in a "download now" state.

April 22 later that day: Check page again and see that they added more wording that states something like "buying this gives you the value of the game, and you can spend this money on this game or other merchandise". AKA they seem to be giving you MS Space Bucks to buy the game yourself on the console.

Now, due to the recent edits to the product page since I bought it I'm HIGHLY skeptical I will actually get the game (which I ordered). If they are mailing me a stupid $10 giftcard I am going to call and complain until I get a refund (after I use the code of course) as they misrepresented the product and never informed me after the fact (never would have known unless I kept checking the product page). Not to say I really care either way, I never truly expected the game (who knows I might be surprised), but I'll take it as an excuse to call and bitch to Gamestop :p.

There's my long story.

TL;DR - I doubt I'm getting Worms, but I'll keep you posted when I get a package :p.

So STF is in final cert, Sixty Second Shooter Prime is in pre-cert, and Nutjitsu is out next month also. Great stuff, next month is looking nice already!

Child of light is out, updated op and put 3 titles that should be coming soon moved to coming soon. I'll add pictures later!

Hopefully things pick up in may

Havoc2049

Any word on the XB1 version of RBI Baseball? It sounded like it was going to be shortly after the release of the X360 version.

Nope, no info on RBI baseball.

I did ask the devs of Starwhal: Just the Tip if they planned on bringing their game to X1, and they said they don't have a dev kit right now, but would be open to in the future. Kind of a bummer, it looks good from the videos Sony put out yesterday :(.

I was able to confirm another Xbox One digital indie title though, from Rock Pocket Games called Shiftlings. Add it to the list! :)
https://www.facebook.com/#!/shiftlingsgame

Looks like Nutjitsu from NinjaBee is getting a release date next week.
https://twitter.com/NinjaBeeGames/status/462367035859558400/photo/1

Stand by for squirrel-fall. We're "dropping" more details early next week. stay tuned!

BmqoXpCCYAAC1rt.jpg

Saw that earlier, love their artwork there, haha.

So that is likely coming this month, and we have Super Time Force coming out on May 14th confirmed. Good stuff!

Nothing of real substance to report on that front. Called Gamestop yesterday as it has been past their "10 day delivery promise". I asked for a new package or my money back. The lady gave my card a refund and also said they would re-ship my package within a day. I'm expecting just a $10 gift card to cover the cost of the game since they changed the product page since I ordered.

Oh well, still will have made $10

Netprints

Nothing of real substance to report on that front. Called Gamestop yesterday as it has been past their "10 day delivery promise". I asked for a new package or my money back. The lady gave my card a refund and also said they would re-ship my package within a day. I'm expecting just a $10 gift card to cover the cost of the game since they changed the product page since I ordered.

Oh well, still will have made $10

Well i wonder what they will re-ship you because I having a feeling they had nothing and still have nothing to ship you....maybe I should order worms ...

Top Bottom