• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

I think Microsoft's concern is brand image.

What about their brand image?

They werent too concerned about that this time last year with the DRM, region locking and other stuff. Is the parity clause not hurting the brand image with people who know about this sort of thing? The fact that its not something well known by the masses doesnt mean it isnt hurting them to the people that do.

Redshirt

Banned
The parity clause probably is hurting their brand image with consumers who disagree with it, but I guess there's not enough negative value there. I'm sure there would be if you guys could get the campaign rolling.

Lima

The parity clause probably is hurting their brand image with consumers who disagree with it, but I guess there's not enough negative value there. I'm sure there would be if you guys could get the campaign rolling.

Phil has already said he is looking at it. I expect them to drop it around E3.

The parity clause will have the opposite effect, instead of developers releasing day one and delaying other platform releases, it will just piss people off and some wont bother at all.

Microsoft need to incentivise parity - store promotions, tools (like free unity and dev kits which they are doing), assistance, good relationships etc not force it.

Microsoft are leaving money on the table by not getting every game they can on the platform, they arent the ones making the investment in the game, I really dont see what difference it makes to them financially except for not getting more money from their userbase. Not to mention whats the point in shipping dev kits to developers who then cant use them to release games on the platform?

I can understand the business point of view of not getting games second, but really its only going to hurt them long-term.

Yea, I think the parity clause is bad business in the long run. If they don't want to completely abolish it, at least make it more friendly to the developers...something like what Sony offers now: prefer same-day release parity, but if this isn't possible, ask that they include extra content when they release on your system later (extra maps, or something like that).

Agreed, the parity clause and the paywall are two things that hurt MS's brand, and that are, in my opinion, easily fixable. With the parity clause, they could at least tweak it to be more dev-friendly (and as a result, gamer-friendly). With the paywall, if they don't want to drop it (I don't blame them for not wanting to), at least get rid of it for things that already require a paid subscription (and IE). The paywall has no effect on me since I'll always pay for Live (so long as its needed for online gaming), but it does anger a lot of people and cause unneeded ire towards the brand.

eastx

Here's my Nutjitsu review with video.

Also, I got Super Time Force early and it's very very good. Fans of run-and-gun shooters like Contra will love the gameplay, and the awesome pixel art and clever writing make it even better.

This Nutjitsu challenge...my god...

Yeah very time consuming. I hit 1000G and only 10% of that challenge. I think it is a mistake from the devs to set such high goal and limit time to achieve it (less than a month) on a casual game. I believe it would take at least 20 hours of grinding to achieve that mark and for a casual game designed to be played in short sessions it is nuts. Anyone who tries to get it will get sick of the game and probably will hate the devs. They should set the time limit to at least a year, in that way a lot o people could achieve it in a long spam.

Yeah very time consuming. I hit 1000G and only 10% of that challenge. I think it is a mistake from the devs to set such high goal and limit time to achieve it (less than a month) on a casual game. I believe it would take at least 20 hours of grinding to achieve that mark and for a casual game designed to be played in short sessions it is nuts. Anyone who tries to get it will get sick of the game and probably will hate the devs. They should set the time limit to at least a year, in that way a lot o people could achieve it in a long spam.

Ya, the challenge itself isn't too far fetched, it's the time limit they give you.

I saw someone who completed it already and said it took 10 hours to accomplish. Their strategy was to play the survival missions on their favorite map they were familiar with and just keep collecting acorns until there were over 8 foxes on the screen. Anything over 8 made you spend more time dodging them than getting the acorns. Once you die, hit replay and then rinse/repeat.

Very grindy, but do-able I guess.

nbraun80

Ya, the challenge itself isn't too far fetched, it's the time limit they give you.

I saw someone who completed it already and said it took 10 hours to accomplish. Their strategy was to play the survival missions on their favorite map they were familiar with and just keep collecting acorns until there were over 8 foxes on the screen. Anything over 8 made you spend more time dodging them than getting the acorns. Once you die, hit replay and then rinse/repeat.

Very grindy, but do-able I guess.
Just seemed kinda silly to me that the achievements are a relative cake-walk and the challenge takes way more time then all the achievements and it's really for nothing but pride. ha

pacman85

Is the online community still going strong?
I have never had a problem finding a match. I can't comment in regards to whether each game is full or 1-2 people away from being full as I never really look to check if the teams are always 100% full during the match. I sometimes play at odd times too.

Bsigg12

So uhh Shadow of Mordor just popped up in the store. Weird.

Also the Titanfall DLC will be available this Thursday, the 15th of May.

pixlexic

Banned
So if you remember back a few months Respawn talked about bringing a performance update to titanfall. Any word if that will come with the new DLC?

Bsigg12

So if you remember back a few months Respawn talked about bringing a performance update to titanfall. Any word if that will come with the new DLC?

No performance update yet for the Xbox One, just a 144hz update to the PC. They talked about it yesterday during their live stream of the DLC showcase and no notable performance mentions in the patch notes.

EBE

Just 1000/1000'ed Nutjitsu... time to start grinding out that challenge.

started playing this today. from that other thread: you were right. the game isnt terrible. its just so OBVIOUSLY a mobile game.

challenge isnt too bad. 10,000 acorns? got a thousand today after maybe an hour and a halfs worth of play. theres plenty of time to get it done

started playing this today. from that other thread: you were right. the game isnt terrible. its just so OBVIOUSLY a mobile game.

challenge isnt too bad. 10,000 acorns? got a thousand today after maybe an hour and a halfs worth of play. theres plenty of time to get it done

Meh, I have 1,200 after 3-4 hours of play, but I was hunting for achievements first and foremost. Ya, I got up to like 2K today after I finished the achievements just by doing survival mode. It won't be too bad, I'll just whittle away an hour or so at it every night until I get it.

But yes, it's a mobile type game, but being able to snap it helps that mantra a bit.

EBE

Meh, I have 1,200 after 3-4 hours of play, but I was hunting for achievements first and foremost. Ya, I got up to like 2K today after I finished the achievements just by doing survival mode. It won't be too bad, I'll just whittle away an hour or so at it every night until I get it.

But yes, it's a mobile type game, but being able to snap it helps that mantra a bit.

you cant say xbox record that for this game because it acts as an app, right? or can you? i havent seen any clips on the game's store page

will probably do the same as you. might have GAF open in IE and snap the game to the side while browsing

you cant say xbox record that for this game because it acts as an app, right? or can you? i havent seen any clips on the game's store page

will probably do the same as you. might have GAF open in IE and snap the game to the side while browsing

Correct, since it has app properties you can not record clips or stream it via twitch. That's the huge downside. It's worth noting that you can't actually play it in snap mode, it just is there in a paused state for you to quickly pick it up(or at least I haven't found a way to actually play it in snap mode?). Would be great during commercials and stuff.

Yes, there is plenty of time to achieve the challenge, but I am not sure I will go for it since I have a lot of games in my backlog. They should set a longer period of time for the challenge.

Nemesis_

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if a patch will kick me out of the game I'm playing when it's released or if I have to reboot the game to be issued with it?

Cheers.

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows if a patch will kick me out of the game I'm playing when it's released or if I have to reboot the game to be issued with it?

Cheers.

Hmm, not sure. I've never been online when a patch drops(or maybe I have and it didn't kick me out??), but I want to think it won't kick you out.

Lima

Hmm, not sure. I've never been online when a patch drops(or maybe I have and it didn't kick me out??), but I want to think it won't kick you out.

It does. If you are online at the time the patch goes live you get kicked. Happened once with a game and two times with a system update already.

Pinball Arcade (Farsight Studios) rated for XB1 by PEGI

Via Banjo ;)

screenshot2014-05-16aviaxx.png

EBE

review is pretty spot on, Banjo. nice write up.

heres hoping NinjaBee put out a third Keflings game for the xbox one. i quite enjoyed kingdom and world.

review is pretty spot on, Banjo. nice write up.

heres hoping NinjaBee put out a third Keflings game for the xbox one. i quite enjoyed kingdom and world.

Agreed, I love the Kefling games. I'd expect to see one at some point this gen.

And thanks for reading :)

Looking for a game to pass the time until Watch Dogs and I'm stuck between Child of Light and Super Time Force. Which would you guys suggest?

bidguy

Banned
Looking for a game to pass the time until Watch Dogs and I'm stuck between Child of Light and Super Time Force. Which would you guys suggest?

both are amazing

child of light has no replay value though its longer than super time force

super time force takes some time to get used to but becomes a blast once you do

leaning more towards child of light but you definitely cant go wrong with either

bidguy

Banned
Can anyone tell me if this game is split screen? If so, how many players? I have two younger boys that would probably dig this, but only if they can play together at the same time.

no splitscreen

edit: i stand corrected. coop on xbox one

Top Bottom