• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

mike4001_

Anyone know if Worms has local multi? Might make it worth the price if I can play it on the couch with my wife.

The real question is if they add local Multiplayer with one controller like it was on Worms 2 Armageddon.

Worms Revolution local MP was complete rubbish as you needed 4 controllers which had to be logged in to 4 different profiles, which then had there teams stored in the profile.

JMizzlin

Watch_Dogs is up on the Australian Store. Price?
$99.45

I've been trying to convince myself all evening not to get the digital version of Watch Dogs. That repugnant price made my mind up for me.

Now the plan is to head into work to grab the game for <$70 in about 9 hours time. Then, when I've had enough, I'll trade it back in for $40.

Microsoft hate this cycle, but they're not doing a damn thing about stopping it. The Australian store sucks.

Nemesis_

$99.45

I've been trying to convince myself all evening not to get the digital version of Watch Dogs. That repugnant price made my mind up for me.

Now the plan is to head into work to grab the game for <$70 in about 9 hours time. Then, when I've had enough, I'll trade it back in for $40.

Microsoft hate this cycle, but they're not doing a damn thing about stopping it. The Australian store sucks.

To be fair, Big W and Target are both selling the game at a markedly high loss in the hopes you'll enter their store and buy something else high profit from them.

I can't blame MS for retailers willingly wanting to sell heavily discounter, below-cost copies to drive foot traffic into their store. I also can't blame them for probably not stocking an adequate amount of copies to match demand either ;)

That being said I do think the digital price of titles should definitely be lower than the retail price. Not sure if $40 lower is really a reasonable ask.

JMizzlin

To be fair, Big W and Target are both selling the game at a markedly high loss in the hopes you'll enter their store and buy something else high profit from them.

I can't blame MS for retailers willingly wanting to sell heavily discounter, below-cost copies to drive foot traffic into their store. I also can't blame them for probably not stocking an adequate amount of copies to match demand either ;)

That being said I do think the digital price of titles should definitely be lower than the retail price. Not sure if $40 lower is really a reasonable ask.

I'm in the minority, but luckily I'm able to get a discounted price at my workplace.
I definitely want to go all digital for my Xbox One, and for the most part have (though largely relying on US region prices). It's just very difficult to justify paying extra (for less, in a way) when there will always be a cheaper price. Hell, $90 is slightly less damaging.

After seeing how the price of games is becoming respectable in Australia it's a shame that the digital avenue, a vision Microsoft has and that I can agree with, is proving to be most detrimental to consumers.

klodeckel

Banned
Cow6Jie.jpg
Worms: Battlegrounds

LNBL

Question regarding digital titles and switching regions.

So I live in a Tier 2 country (The Netherlands) and have been downloading games of the US marketplace, does anyone know wheter i will get troubles when swtichting to another region? The microsoft support chat has been a bit shady on this subject..

Has anyone tried switching region with games?

Hammer24

Banned
Question regarding digital titles and switching regions.

So I live in a Tier 2 country (The Netherlands) and have been downloading games of the US marketplace, does anyone know wheter i will get troubles when swtichting to another region? The microsoft support chat has been a bit shady on this subject..

Has anyone tried switching region with games?

Yes. I buy them from en_US. When I switch to de_DE, I can still play them all, but they are in German then and not in English anymore.

$99.45

Christ man ... why are games so expensive in AU? It can't all be exchange rates, can it?

Child of Light seems like a cross between Dust:An Elysian Tale and Limbo. Can someone tell me (in a nutshell) why I should get this game, and what makes it good, in your opinion.

bidguy

Banned
Child of Light seems like a cross between Dust:An Elysian Tale and Limbo. Can someone tell me (in a nutshell) why I should get this game, and what makes it good, in your opinion.

the soundtrack is great, its pretty long for a downloadable game and it has a nice combat system.

It's nothing like either of those games. Yes, the traversal in the overworld is similar to Dust, but it's a full-fledged RPG with a very innovative and intuitive active battle system. The art style is fantastic, and I'm really enjoying the way the story is told through rhyme. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a mid-length RPG with a great art style.

the soundtrack is great, its pretty long for a downloadable game and it has a nice combat system.

It's nothing like either of those games. Yes, the traversal in the overworld is similar to Dust, but it's a full-fledged RPG with a very innovative and intuitive active battle system. The art style is fantastic, and I'm really enjoying the way the story is told through rhyme. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a mid-length RPG with a great art style.

Thanks. Purchased.

Ding II

Christ man ... why are games so expensive in AU? It can't all be exchange rates, can it?
They aren't really that expensive in the context of what everything else in Australia costs, and how much they get paid. (McDonald's combo meals cost >$8, and the minimum wage is $16 or some such.)

So turns out that Worms is in fact releasing for Xbox one in both UK and US tomorrow. The June 3rd date we thought for the US is actually the PS4 date in US.

Kssio_Aug

I dont want to creat a topic only for this, so I hope its ok to ask here.
I just got my Xbox One, and when I tried creating my Gamertag it said it was reserved. Then I remembered that I had an old hotmail account that I used to play Dirt 3 on Steam, and I realized that my gamertag was being used to that account. I have no MS points there, but I really want to use that gamertag.

So my question is:
1- Is it possible to remove my gamertag on PC without using MS points?
2- If not... if I cancel my microsoft account there, will I be able to use that gamertag on my actual account?

Thanks! =)
By the way: The console is awesome!!

I just got my Xbox One, and when I tried creating my Gamertag it said it was reserved. Then I remembered that I had an old hotmail account that I used to play Dirt 3 on Steam, and I realized that my gamertag was being used to that account. I have no MS points there, but I really want to use that gamertag.

So my question is:
2- If not... if I cancel my microsoft account there, will I be able to use that gamertag on my actual account?

Thanks! =)
You don't remember your login info to your old account?

Kssio_Aug

You don't remember your login info to your old account?

I do, but its because I dont use my old account at all anymore. I have however another email from Microsoft that I use a lot, to many other accounts. Its because that old account was banned once by a spam that I got, I could take it back contacting them, but it was almost a year later after using the other one.

So my question is:

Thanks! =)

couldn't you just log into xbox.com (or your xbox) with that account if it's already set up as a gamertag?

i believe you can change your linked email address once you've got it as an active xbox live account - i moved mine from a defunct old hotmail account to my gmail account a year or two ago without much trouble.

Kssio_Aug

couldn't you just log into xbox.com (or your xbox) with that account if it's already set up as a gamertag?

i believe you can change your linked email address once you've got it as an active xbox live account - i moved mine from a defunct old hotmail account to my gmail account a year or two ago without much trouble.

Oh, Ill take a look on that!

jim2011

Just bought worms battlegrounds and my first impression was kind of disappointing but I'll get over it. They claim 60fps and it definitely didn't seem that way. Upon further messing around, the game is definitely 60fps, the animations are not. Moving the camera around is extremely fluid, moving the characters is not. I did some Google'ing and found people complaining about the same thing for Worms Clan Wars on PC which this is based on. The animations were created for 30FPS. That's just how the game was developed.

Ade

So, Worms Battlegrounds, £19.99 digitally, £29.99 in stores.

Have they finally got digital pricing right, or does the physical one come with DLC?

jim2011

So, Worms Battlegrounds, £19.99 digitally, £29.99 in stores.

Have they finally got digital pricing right, or does the physical one come with DLC?

It was 24.99 for me digitally

Edit: oops my phone didn't display the pound symbol. It's $24.99 USD

Ade

It was 24.99 for me digitally

100% it was £19.99 for me. As per email:

We're sending you this message to confirm that you have purchased the following items from Microsoft:

Purchase Date
30 May 2014

Total for this order: £19.99

Item(s)
Worms Battlegrounds
Price: £19.99
Quantity: 1

The following payment option will be billed for this purchase:
Microsoft Account

Estimated charge date: 30 May 2014

I really loved Voodoo Vince. A new one, even if only as digital, would be great.

(but I do not see VV having marketing appeal).

LNBL

I've noticed that everything gets installed faster if I play a game rather than just staying on the dashboard... Or could it just be my mind playing tricks

If I could I would spam them with Jet Set Radio Future for the #myfavoritegame. Regardless I'm thinking of picking up Worms or Strider. Both look fun, any suggestions?

LNBL

Huh.. Just got an error message saying that a update could not be downloaded and it shut down my console. Upon rebooting I need to download a 294 mb update, which it is doing now.

jay23

Didn't know the store had a few demos, was pleasantly surprised when I saw deadrising while searching for new UFC demo.

Netprints

Banjo-Kazooie, since worms came out did you actually get the game from gamestop? If you did you got it for a steal of a price.

Top Bottom