• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Wow, that's amazing. And super motivating for us. We tried to cram the game full of... game... but it appears that some folks (like yourself) devoured it. Which is awesome.

You guys did a great job. STF was fantastic. Don't be put off by the fact that some of us got the 1,000gs and the challenge done in a matter of 10-12 hours. We play far too many games and can devour them rapidly due to our razor-sharp, honed gaming teeth.

For the average player, STF will give at least 20 hours of entertainment, if not more. And for anyone looking to 'MASTER' it and get an STF ranking on every level, possibly much, much more.

It's an incredible value and I will be looking forward to more from your studio. Keep living the dream and making fantastic games, guys.

wbarreda

What's wrong with it? Hopefully cheap game you can play in snap mode while watching Netflix or something. I think it's a pretty neat use of snap, I look forward to other snap partition style games.

I have been waiting for them to start releasing games that you can play in snap mode ... it will help pass the time during comericals while I watch sports or a stream.

Ade

So, 1001 Spikes and Ninjitsu are both US only?

Any explanations offered yet? Seems weird that, what, 50%? of the ID@XBOX games are so far US only

So, 1001 Spikes and Ninjitsu are both US only?

Any explanations offered yet? Seems weird that, what, 50%? of the ID@XBOX games are so far US only
Certification costs a lot of money as each region you release in is a separate cost, and since no publishers are footing the costs for certification like they normally would, I would imagine some of the really small indie games might start out US only and expand as they check out demand and get some cash flow.

Also, MS requires you have insurance or something before you release which is another cost I imagine.

Just my guess

Question about game updates on the Xbone -- whenever I go to my games & apps, I always have 3 games with "updates" -- Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Just Dance (yeah, I own it, what of it?). But whenever I prompt them to update, they finish and stay there. What's up with this? Anyone have the same issue?

Are they disc based versions of the games?
If so you need to put the disc in to install the downloaded update.

If anyone wants to check out the amazing #idarb another id@xbox game check out twitch stream right now. Game looks like so much fun, 4 vs 4, they are playing 2 vs 2 on stream.

http://twitch.tv/xbox

Netprints

For some reason games need the disc in and other times they do not. BF4, updates without it but Forza 4, ryse, MG:GZ, and wolfenstein do not. it is very odd. Also you can not move those games to an external harddrive if there is a pending update.

derFeef

Not sure where to post this, but I am having a lot of issues with external storage.
I moved F5 and Ki just fine, but with DR3 and Ryse it's impossible.

I have addons now "stuck" on Internal, which I can't move or uninstall - or reinstall - or use in the game. I am now downloading DR3 again (which takes a while for me... ugh).
I also have Zoo Tycoon showing up in my games two times now (I don't own that...) - one time as installed, one time as ready to install, and again the same problem as above - can't use or uninstall.

Anyone else having the same issues? It's really frustrating. Xbox Support can't seem to help me (yet).

TK Turk

Banned
Pier Solar HD should be coming any day soon. Watermelon Games was expecting to have it out before E3, now their website is stating they expect it to go to certification before E3 (post was made pre-E3).

How long does certification typically take? Can we expect this game next week? This month? I'm dying to get into an RPG on the X1.

Pier Solar HD should be coming any day soon. Watermelon Games was expecting to have it out before E3, now their website is stating they expect it to go to certification before E3 (post was made pre-E3).

How long does certification typically take? Can we expect this game next week? This month? I'm dying to get into an RPG on the X1.
It depends how many issues the game has really, there in no really set time table. If there are no issues and you pass cert the first time it could take a week to pass cert (this is veryyyyyy rare that there are no issues on your first go though). If you keep failing it could take a month to pass cert, which just happened with Sixty Second Shooter Prime (finally passed yesterday, yay!). Once it passes cert though, they still have to set a release date with MS that could be a week or two out.

So ya, it can be coming soon, but until they pass cert they won't announce a release date. Hoping it comes quick though, it's been on my radar for a long time.

TK Turk

Banned
It depends how many issues the game has really, there in no really set time table. If there are no issues and you pass cert the first time it could take a week to pass cert (this is veryyyyyy rare that there are no issues on your first go though). If you keep failing it could take a month to pass cert, which just happened with Sixty Second Shooter Prime (finally passed yesterday, yay!). Once it passes cert though, they still have to set a release date with MS that could be a week or two out.

So ya, it can be coming soon, but until they pass cert they won't announce a release date. Hoping it comes quick though, it's been on my radar for a long time.

Thanks for the info. So unfortunately I'm thinking sometime in July.

statham

Not sure where to post this, but I am having a lot of issues with external storage.
I moved F5 and Ki just fine, but with DR3 and Ryse it's impossible.

I have addons now "stuck" on Internal, which I can't move or uninstall - or reinstall - or use in the game. I am now downloading DR3 again (which takes a while for me... ugh).
I also have Zoo Tycoon showing up in my games two times now (I don't own that...) - one time as installed, one time as ready to install, and again the same problem as above - can't use or uninstall.

Anyone else having the same issues? It's really frustrating. Xbox Support can't seem to help me (yet).
I had a issue with Forza when I tried to move the DLC over, I learned don't do that, just the main game and it'll move the DLC by itself. I had to cold-boot, delete everything Forza and redownload Forza for it to be fixed. Not sure if its the same issue you had.

Thanks for the info. So unfortunately I'm thinking sometime in July.

Well, if they went into cert before E3 like they said they would, and if they pass fairly quickly there's no reason why they couldn't make the end of June. Watermelon is a decent enough sized team where if anything is holding up cert, they should be able to fix it and resubmit it fairly quickly.

Here's hoping :p.

derFeef

I had a issue with Forza when I tried to move the DLC over, I learned don't do that, just the main game and it'll move the DLC by itself. I had to cold-boot, delete everything Forza and redownload Forza for it to be fixed. Not sure if its the same issue you had.

It's also for games without addons, can't move or delete them anymore. I feel like resetting the whole thing but I am all digital and my internet is not the fastest. This feature was not ready yet... argh. Everything is acting up now...

edit: I gave up and turned it off - I just wanted to move DR3 over to the external and start playing the new addon - now nothing works. Ugh.

Contrast and Sixty Second Shooter Prime have both passed certification and will get dated soon. Still working on that OP update....

Great stuff! Looking forward to supporting both of those titles.

Also, my Worms Battlegrounds review just went up today, so check it out if you are a little scared by the price point (hint, I liked the game a lot).

We will also have our 1001 Spikes review up later in the day, possibly tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that!

eastx

I unfortunately don't know much about the game other than what I've seen in a couple videos :(

I've been trying to establish press contact with them, but it's slow going so far.

Edit: And literally the minute after I posted this, they responded to my second email.

I asked what their launch plans are. They told me they're planning to release Pier Solar on all platforms during the same week. Not a lot of new info, but nice to know anyway.

TK Turk

Banned
I've been trying to establish press contact with them, but it's slow going so far.

Edit: And literally the minute after I posted this, they responded to my second email.

I asked what their launch plans are. They told me they're planning to release Pier Solar on all platforms during the same week. Not a lot of new info, but nice to know anyway.

Cool, thanks for the update. In other news, Major Nelson tweeted this weeks deals for Xbox One, and they are pretty good....

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/17/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-8/?linkId=8535378

I highly recommend Strider, especially at 50% off.

Content Title Content Type Discount %
Tomb Raider Xbox One Game 50%
Strider Xbox One Game 50%
Killer Instinct: Sabrewolf* Add-On 80%

I already have all those deals....

Strider is a must at that price.

It's not a bad game but I found it rather lackluster, personally.

Tomb Raider is a good game also but her new face stops me buying it, they butchered it and gave her botox, it just doesn't look right.

TK Turk

Banned

Tomb Raider is a good game also but her new face stops me buying it, they butchered it and gave her botox, it just doesn't look right.

You spend 99% of the game looking at her from the rear.... Didn't bother me much.

Varg

Banned
Skipped on strider so this looks like the perfect time to jump in. Peggle 2 will be mine as well. Good week for the deals it seems

Chitown B

old-lara-croft-2013-lara-croft-tomb-raider1.jpg

Which one doesn't look right again?

Strider is a bit meh, the gameplay feels nice and tight, but the level design and boss battles are really lackluster, which hurts the game a lot.

pacman85

Peggle 2 will be mine as well. Good week for the deals it seems
Peggle 2 has been on sale for at least 2 weeks now. Not sure why as all of the other games have only lasted a week. I wish it stop being on sale so they could offer a new game at 50% off in it's place.

eastx

Peggle 2 has been on sale for at least 2 weeks now. Not sure why as all of the other games have only lasted a week. I wish it stop being on sale so they could offer a new game at 50% off in it's place.

The new game on sale is Strider... See the several posts on this page talking about it.

Saw it mentioned in this thread so I looked it up and wow, Pier Solar looks cool. A game that's totally flown under the radar for me and it's nice to see that it's not too far off from a release date.

Top Bottom