• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

TK Turk

Banned
Wow, forgot about this. Has there been any new info about what the game is? Art style is amazing and it looks like it's a compelling story, but I haven't seen anything about what it is.

Based on what I've seen, it's a side scrolling adventure gaming using the same engine as Rayman and Child of Light. You get to play as multiple characters, living through their stories during WWI. It seems like a very basic adventure game, as I've heard you can only hold one item at a time. This worries me as I expect the game will be very easy.

So for sure Valiant Hearts and almost sure Another World. If you get another ID@Xbox game too, it will be a great week.

Still on the fence with 1001 spikes. The concept appeals to me, but the $15 price tag is hard to justify. I know I should not complain about game prices, but....

So for sure Valiant Hearts and almost sure Another World. If you get another ID@Xbox game too, it will be a great week.

Still on the fence with 1001 spikes. The concept appeals to me, but the $15 price tag is hard to justify. I know I should not complain about game prices, but....

As luck would have it, I literally just pushed the 'publish' button with our review for 1,001 Spikes on Xbox Gamer. Check it out if you want! Our reviewer was quite fond of it, I believe he puts it perfectly here:

It’s unforgiving, it doesn’t hold your hand, and it will kick dirt in your face at every possible opportunity, but you can sure have a lot of fun with it.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go stick a fork into an electrical outlet and play some more 1,001 Spikes.

He said there is a lot of content in it, so if harder games are your thing, I think you could definitely find value in the price tag.

Link to Review

SegaShack

As luck would have it, I literally just pushed the 'publish' button with our review for 1,001 Spikes on Xbox Gamer. Check it out if you want! Our reviewer was quite fond of it, I believe he puts it perfectly here:

He said there is a lot of content in it, so if harder games are your thing, I think you could definitely find value in the price tag.

Link to Review
Amazing review. I'm definitely sold and will visit this site now.

I think 1001 spikes is fantastic value for $15.
It has good multiplayer modes, couch vs, main story took me around 7 hours to complete and then there's more after that too! Damn Antarctica.
It's the game that keeps giving AND if you really want to 100%/1000g the entire game especially with each character, it's going to take a LONG time.

Just a shame they have only launched in States so far.

Bsigg12

Link to Review

That was a pretty great write up. I will definitely pick it up soon.

Gamejunky

I think 1001 spikes is fantastic value for $15.
It has good multiplayer modes, couch vs, main story took me around 7 hours to complete and then there's more after that too! Damn Antarctica.
It's the game that keeps giving AND if you really want to 100%/1000g the entire game especially with each character, it's going to take a LONG time.

Just a shame they have only launched in States so far.
in

Is there any difference between this one and the 360 version? I know it's on the indie games marketplace on 360 (which makes it even more confusing that it's available in Canada on 360 but not X1) I guess the gamerscore appeal is what's making me want to hold out until it's on x1 in canada

in

Is there any difference between this one and the 360 version? I know it's on the indie games marketplace on 360 (which makes it even more confusing that it's available in Canada on 360 but not X1) I guess the gamerscore appeal is what's making me want to hold out until it's on x1 in canada

Just buy it from the US store. I bought some MS points from target.com and changed my region from UK to US, put in a fake address, buy the game and download. Once all that's done switch back to your original region.

Now I just want to throw my gamepad out the window!

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition popped up on PEGI today with all the other versions, so I would expect it next week when the other versions launch.

Contrast, Sixty Second Shooter, and juding by the parity clause, Another World is out on PS4 next week so possibly that also.

Might be Another World because the PS4 version is launching next week.

Valiant Hearts and Another World.

Is Another World confirmed as coming next week?

Completely forgot about Valiant Hearts too, will definitely be grabbing that. Still hoping Sixty is coming next week as well.

Sundown

Banned
Cool thread.

I'd love to jump into the DWG thing but apparently that's not a benefit that carries over in the shared XBLG plan. :/

It's going to be a struggle to not double dip on Outlast. I won a copy on PC a while back and thought it was pretty good. I love horror games, but Amnesia and Slender bored me because of the lack of combat. Outlast was surprisingly good though.

Egg0

Banned
A demo for Thief is up in the store if anyone's interested, though you have to use the search.

I saw it in the "demo" section of the store earlier this morning, but there was no download option. Must've been a goof.

Top Bottom