• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access early limited-time game access is for 6 hours with the full game

TheQuake

Banned
Whats the big deal? 6 hours is better than the reported 2 hours. What did you think? That Madden 15 was going straight to the vault? That is not how that works.

Six hours is perfectly fine for prerelease games to determine if you want to throw down the money on it.

But I guess this is going to be confused with the EA Vault games that are included, in full with no limit, in the subscription.

Wizman23

Banned
How is it console wars? Because I stated I was happy Sony did not allow EA to bamboozle their customers?

What exactly is the bamboozle part? Are the EA vault games going away? Is the 10% discount going away? Man thank God Sony is there for the customers!!!!

RdN

6h sounds good to me.. Helps alleviate the hype and the game is still coming out in less then a week.

But I can see that not being enough for some hardcore gamers that play that in a day.

I can't figure out what is worse: The sense of "Entitlement" from some gamers, or the ravings of "butthurt" fanboys.

For $2.50 a month I get:

6 hour early access to upcoming EA Games

Unlimited access to "Vault games"

10% discount on all EA games

Unlimited access to BF 4, Old Madden, Peggle and FIFA is already worth $2.50 a month...The demo access and discounts just add to an already excellent service. It's pretty insane to call this anything but a great value. I just don't understand...

GRaider81

If this was coming to PS4 I would have undoubtedly bought it for early access.

More smoke and mirrors from a big name in the industry. What a joke.

EA Season Ticket is being used a comparison point here for context, you got to play unlimited amounts of prerelease Madden with that program.

I think that's part of the problem here... Despite EA stating otherwise my expectations were based on the precedence set by that.

This is garbage. You basically get to play 6 games for the madden trial. It's obvious most people in here don't play sports games competitively. Why would you compare a single player FPS campaign to a sports game?

In previous years, season ticket downloads started at 6 pm pst on Friday and ran until 9 pm pst Monday. I played well over 6 hours in that time.

This is shitty. Why restrict a sports game to 6 hours?

Kill3r7

Lame. I used to be able get the full game 3-4 days early with their early access

Yeah but you actually purchased the game. This is available to anyone who paid for EA Access whether or not they decide to buy Madden, FIFA, DA or whatever.

I don't see an issue with this.

sk3tch

When you buy a game via EA Access through Xbox One is it with your CC or can you use Microsoft Spacebucks? The service required a CC to buy it...so I'm worried that this is EA's "ghetto" Origin within Xbox Live. I.E. you have to use their money...no more Microsoft money.

REV 09

6 hours of gameplay time or 6 hours of actual time from first booting the game?

6 hours of gameplay time wouldn't be bad at all.

imBask

Banned
I can't figure out what is worse: The sense of "Entitlement" from some gamers, or the ravings of "butthurt" fanboys.

For $2.50 a month I get:

6 hour early access to upcoming EA Games

Unlimited access to "Vault games"

10% discount on all EA games

Unlimited access to BF 4, Old Madden, Peggle and FIFA is already worth $2.50 a month...The demo access and discounts just add to an already excellent service. It's pretty insane to call this anything but a great value. I just don't understand...

if you play a LOT of EA games (like if you're really into madden an FIFA), I guess it's an okay deal

other than that it's a terrible deal and a typical EA cash grab

eznark

Banned
This is garbage. You basically get to play 6 games for the madden trial. It's obvious most people in here don't play sports games competitively. Why would you compare a single player FPS campaign to a sports game?

In previous years, season ticket downloads started at 6 pm pst on Friday and ran until 9 pm pst Monday. I played well over 6 hours in that time.

This is shitty. Why restrict a sports game to 6 hours?

Seems clear most in this thread had no idea Season Ticket even existed!

I likely won't use the whole 6 hours but I still think this is a bit of BS. However this is just one of the perks so overall I'm still happy with the program.

Is anyone changing there purchasing decisions because if this program? I had intended to get NHL at launch this year but will likely wait till it hits the vault now

Look kids, an EA Access member!

I got my popcorn out for this thread.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Am I the only one who thinks 6 hours to a full game (I didn't buy) is a good deal?

Or is the issue here that people wanted the be able to access the game a week in advance? Because I'm not sure a single tweet is enough to go on for those kind of details.

Yeah but you actually purchased the game. This is available to anyone who paid for EA Access whether or not they decide to buy Madden, FIFA, DA or whatever.

This is actually wrong. You did not have to purchase madden, digital or otherwise, to be a season ticket holder. You paid $25 a year to early access for madden, NCAA, FIFA, NHL and tiger woods

TheQuake

Banned
I'm really confused on what the complaints are about. Is it because they thought $30/year would grant them access to a new game without buying it? Or is it because they think that the 6 hours meant that is the amount time before striking midnight for release? Or they thought they would get to play it unlimited during the early access before release even though it was common knowledge that 2 hours was being said? I feel like people don't understand the program at all.

Claptrap

Seems fair to me, I don´t care for most of the EA games, but if I would, EA Access would offer a good value for the money you pay.
But I guess it is easier to get upset, EA offers something it must be bad...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*shrugs*

6 hours with the full game is better deal than most old school style demos if you ask me.

ObiDin

Umm, you can beat the average first person shooter campaign in 6 hours. But, you know, complaining and faux outrage is more fun.

pixlexic

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks 6 hours to a full game (I didn't buy) is a good deal?

Or is the issue here that people wanted the be able to access the game a week in advance? Because I'm not sure a single tweet is enough to go on for those kind of details.

Yeah people here thought they were talking about if you preordered.

But since there are no preordered for xbone right now it doesn't even make sense.

Nope, that's not how it worked.

Their previous thing let you play their sports games for three days straight, with no time limit, whether you were going to buy the game or not.

I'd be curious to see the overlap between people who are ok with how they've gutted that part of their service and the people who actually planned on picking up Madden.

So you're limited to six hours of each game in total? Was this really announced before? I don't have an Xbone One so I didn't follow it too closely, but this seems like a pretty massive caveat and I haven't seen it mentioned before now.

imBask

Banned
Of course is it a terrible deal if you don't like EA games....

nah it's a terrible deal if you don't play A LOT of EA games, if you just play EA titles from time to time when they come out with no particular interest in sports game, you're getting fucked

I jumped on this EA deal from Day 1 this is exactly what they said was planned, what am I missing here?

The other thing that people aren't mentioning on the PS+ 1 hour early access is those previews were never up for new games.

Kinyou

nah it's a terrible deal if you don't play A LOT of EA games, if you just play EA titles from time to time when they come out with no particular interest in sports game, you're getting fucked
I just don't see how you're getting fucked. You're not forced to buy it. You see what kind of games you get. Either you like them or you don't like them and then decide accordingly. What's shady about that?

Why would someone buy ea access if he doesn't want to play madden and fifa?

So you're limited to six hours of each game in total? Was this really announced before? I don't have an Xbone One so I didn't follow it too closely, but this seems like a pretty massive caveat and I haven't seen it mentioned before now.

in the vault = infinite time
new release = game by game basis, madden is 6 hours.

Its a new release, i dont know why people expected it to instantly go into the vault

if you play a LOT of EA games (like if you're really into madden an FIFA), I guess it's an okay deal

other than that it's a terrible deal and a typical EA cash grab

you think it's a terrible deal? then don't subscribe. people like me on other platforms can't subscribe even though we want to

They previously stated there may be time limits for each game but that the time limits might vary or a portion of the game may be locked.

I jumped on this EA deal from Day 1 this is exactly what they said was planned, what am I missing here?

People are just not reading fine print, and getting needlessly angry about something they are pretending EA lied about.

The sheer idea that anyone thought $29 a year would get you weeklong unlimited access to every new EA game is so ludicrously dumb.

Top Bottom