• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

That moment the Thunderjaw uses his disc launcher on you, But you return the favor by doing the most damage i ever done "6460"
4G6WWcP.jpg

The DLC should star everyone's favorite serial bandit killer as he goes about his job with a sunny disposition and stops to smell the roses between killing people.

For me he was least interesting of all the recurring NPCs. So I can see myself taking my time in getting round to the DLC, if it does indeed has him as the star. (Maybe if it was based during a time when he was a different, slightly more likeable person, then I'd probably get it day one.)

danthefan

That moment the Thunderjaw uses his disc launcher on you, But you return the favor by doing the must damage i ever done "6460"

Wut

How? What weapon and what part did you hit?

Tbh the Thunderjaws aren't difficult enough imo. The two disk launchers leave them with little or no health left.

So today I finished my edit of the best combat moments I had throughout both play-throughs. No HUD for the majority of it and set to some tribal beats. Excited to finalize it!

tmac456

Killed
N I L
today finally. Was so close to not doing it :(

Doubt I'll ever Platinum this game sadly. Don't have the patience for the hunting ground trials

GeeTeeCee

Killed
N I L
today finally. Was so close to not doing it :(

Doubt I'll ever Platinum this game sadly. Don't have the patience for the hunting ground trials

For what it's worth, as someone who didn't like the hunting trials either, once you're at the end of the game and have all the best armour and shadow gear etc most of the trials are trivial. Only the Sleight of Crate trial took me more than two attempts max - and even then it wasn't difficult, just reliant on a little bit of luck.

Radec

So today I finished my edit of the best combat moments I had throughout both play-throughs. No HUD for the majority of it and set to some tribal beats. Just need to add titles and have PM'd a couple of people asking for their thoughts on the edit. Want to make sure I do the game justice!

If anyone would like to throw me some feedback, I've included a link to the video in e-mail tags. Please PM me any thoughts you might have <3

That was great. Some of the clips were not in sync with the music though. But its pretty hard to do with the given footage.

Seriously,
who cares what the sociopath wants, the amount of people that think of Nil as a cool character sort of gives me the creeps really.

I didn't go through with it because I didn't want to give in to his bloodlust. Aloy strikes me as someone who would take every opportunity to distance herself from him and not stoop to his level.

It's taking me "forever" to get through this compared to some other people. I'll end up at just over 70 hours when all is said and done.

I'm just now making preparations for the final battle.

Won't be getting the platinum anytime soon, though. I just don't have the time. I am satisfied with how much I've managed to complete, though.

Seriously,
who cares what the sociopath wants, the amount of people that think of Nil as a cool character sort of gives me the creeps really.

I also hesitated... don't know why.
Before making the decision i had to eat. After diner i couldn't care less and slaughtered him.

It's taking me "forever" to get through this compared to some other people. I'll end up at just over 70 hours when all is said and done.

Took me around 70 hours... didn't care about the hunting trials.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mew patch 1.13 (SOURCE

NEW FEATURES
• Added support for background music playback.
• Added the ability to drop treasure chests.

FIXES
Progression Fixes
• Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where some players could escape the quest area and get stuck here, blocking progression of this quest.
• Fixed an issue in "A Seeker at the Gates" where some players could get stuck behind the gates to All-Mother Mountain.
• Fixed an issue in "The City of the Sun" where some players were able to exit Olin's basement during the 'Investigate Olin's Secret Workshop' objective.
• Fixed an issue in "The Grave-Hoard" where the objective would not update when some players fast traveled away after activating the Holo Projector.
• Fixed an issue in "Deep Secrets of the Earth" where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
• Fixed an issue in "Fatal Inheritance" where talking to Ranaman after freeing Daradi would cause Daradi to disappear for some players.
• Fixed an issue in "Hammer and Steel" where for some players the quest objective would not update after gathering all nine Behemoth Cables.
• Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.

General Fixes
• Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where the objective 'Meet Rost at the North Gate' would always be marked as failed for some players in the objective log.
• Fixed an issue in "The Point of the Spear" where the fix for duplicate spears introduced in Patch 1.12 would not solve the issue for some player if they already finished "In her Mother's Footsteps".
• Fixed an issue after “The Proving” for certain players where Aloy would not retrieve her Focus after visiting Rost. • Fixed an issue where some players could permanently lose the Tearblaster in their playthrough after selling it at a merchant. The Tearblaster will now be available to purchase from certain merchants after completing 'Hunter's Blind'.
• Fixed an issue where a pile of Ancient Debris appeared to be located underground for certain players.
• Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pick up their loot when it was dropped in water.
• Fixed an issue in the "Gatelands" Bandit Camp where some players could get stuck in a rock after performing a 'Strike from below'. • Fixed an issue when certain players would try to mount during Aloy's falling animation, causing Aloy to float in midair.

Crash Fixes
• Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.

OldHand

Neo Member
Have to say that in 34 years of gaming I can't remember such an epic, beautiful and engrossing experience delivered in one near perfect package.

Portal 2 was also complete as an experience, but fairly short. Horizon ZD was both epic in scale and full of amazing moments. Stalking dinosaurs as the moonlight filtered through the forest. Night-time in the desert being hopelessly outgunned by numerous enemies and being forced to think through how to approach what was a run of the mill encounter. The portentous thud of you-know-what when you encounter it for the first time.

The scale of the story. The attention to detail in terms of environment and backstory. The banuk figures...

Bravo. Just bravo.. As a gamer with kids and a business I get very little time to game but I made time for this. I can't say that about many other games in the last few years.

Now for Nier Automata and then Yakuza Zero and Persona 5 and then BOTW. What a time to be a console owner.

Cudder

Just to be clear, you can get all of the power cells before beating the story right? I'm on the last mission just clearing up loose ends.

Tunned

Beat and platinumed the game after 73 hours today. Honestly it is one of, if not the best games I have ever played, the level of polish on such a massive game is close to unmatched, and the story was great.

Can't wait for the DLC, and meanwhile I'm just having fun fighting machines, pitting them against one another, and exploring the map further.

Only thing I would like for the sequel, is to be able to make overwritten machines come along with you, and for a better way to change weapons and loadouts. Otherwise epic game Guerrilla, you guys should be proud and deserve a lot more sales.

It's awesome!
So good! Great work.
Many thanks! Game is so much fun, and didn't expect to love playing it so much with the HUD turned off (rather than just dynamic).

Hey, does anyone with the guide know if it says the height of a tallneck? I know the devs said a fall from about 15 meters can kill Aloy, but I want to see if I can go from top of a tallneck and land on an enemy on the ground using Death from Above. Basically, I want to outdo this:

Tgm1MHV.gif

Riddler

Did the patch add a graphical bug for watchers eyes? I'm running on performance mode and now I see a streak of color when not even looking at a watcher.

Quick question, did they patch the 'Sidequests don't count unless selected'?

I remember reading that some gathering quests wouldn't count up if you did have it selected. I tried Googling it but couldn't find anything other than specific side quest notes.

I'm about to start this up again, stopped right after the trial, because I'm finishing Zelda.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
For me he was least interesting of all the recurring NPCs. So I can see myself taking my time in getting round to the DLC, if it does indeed has him as the star. (Maybe if it was based during a time when he was a different, slightly more likeable person, then I'd probably get it day one.)
Saint of Killers
(Today, 02:04 AM)

One would think you'd be all about badass motherfuckers like Nil, yo

Seriously,
Psh. Lovable sociopaths are always fun and entertaining characters in fiction. Doesn't mean I'd like them IRL.

Skux

For what it's worth, as someone who didn't like the hunting trials either, once you're at the end of the game and have all the best armour and shadow gear etc most of the trials are trivial. Only the Sleight of Crate trial took me more than two attempts max - and even then it wasn't difficult, just reliant on a little bit of luck.

Yeah I found these much easier after upgrading my gear, especially mods.

Top Bottom