• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus Previews

Does anyone know how to contact Bethesda? They misspelled Roswell when the game is showing a map of America. They spelled it Rosswell.

All other cities we're spelled correctly so I don't think it's some form of germanization.

Nifta

Neo Member
Does anyone know how to contact Bethesda? They misspelled Roswell when the game is showing a map of America. They spelled it Rosswell.

All other cities we're spelled correctly so I don't think it's some form of germanization.

There's Neu Orleans and Gulf von Mexico too. I think it's deliberate

Arkanius

I think the correct takeaway is the extreme hypocrisy presented by the nazi fuck :p

We are in lala land but don't forget most soldiers are just that, young boys following orders.
I think the new Battlefront game has the potential to show the mentality of someone growing under a Regime and truly believing in the ideals of it and how it alters perception of everything due it all being relative to the socio-economic background each one has.

I'm not defending Nazism with this by the way, in case anyone has an idea to blow this up.

Phosphor

It's intentional. However:

uMfmtdd.png

Looks pretty good, really looking forward to play another Wolfenstein.

One thing I noticed in these previews is that it looks like you're not required to press a button to pick up ammo/health/armor anymore, you just walk over it, which I think it's a great little change because that's one thing that drove me mad in the first game.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
We are in lala land but don't forget most soldiers are just that, young boys following orders.
I think the new Battlefront game has the potential to show the mentality of someone growing under a Regime and truly believing in the ideals of it and how it alters perception of everything due it all being relative to the socio-economic background each one has.

I'm not defending Nazism with this by the way, in case anyone has an idea to blow this up.

Who gives a shit what a Nazi thinks whether its some young soldier fresh in the uniform or Hitler himself. They're the worst of the worst and the game makes no qualms about that judgement. Its supposed to be hypocritical as fuck complaining about terrorists when they're terrorizing the entire world and everyone who lives on it. Hell they're even terrorizing the fucking moon.

Man, watched a little bit of the previews and this looks amazing. I want to go blackout from here on out but I don't think I have the strength...

There's something really jarring about the transitions from cutscene to gameplay

On the PS4 version of Wolfenstein, cutscenes ran at 30FPS but gameplay was a silky-smooth 60. It...jarred me a bit too.

Not sure if that's whats going on here (I'm trying to stay mostly spoiler free!), but there's a precedent for that I guess.

On the PS4 version of Wolfenstein, cutscenes ran at 30FPS but gameplay was a silky-smooth 60. It...jarred me a bit too.

Not sure if that's whats going on here (I'm trying to stay mostly spoiler free!), but there's a precedent for that I guess.

Every version is like that. Cutscenes were prerecorded videos on every version of the game.

JWiLL

Banned
Resisted the first time I saw some stuff, but the quality of the visuals in everything I've seen just look incredible. The aural and visual feedback on these weapons just looks fantastic. The smoke from the gun, the recoil, the sound, the impact on enemies.

It all just looks incredible. Only watched the Eurogamer vid (Aoife has to be one of the most entertaining people in games) but I've seen enough.

I didn't realize DOOM engine was confirmed.

Just snagged it on CDKeys.

Yeah...as much as I enjoyed DOOM last year, I'm not a huge fan of the hell, fire and brimstone atmosphere/environments.

This setting is far more appealing and really brings out the best in the engine IMO. What a massive step up from idtech 5, both in quality and performance.

Fantastic knowing that, as good as it looks, it's going to scale well across a variety of PC set ups + consoles. My 1080 is ready day one.

How did the first run on PC?

Locked at 60 FPS unfortunately, with some fairly odd optimization options.

That being said, there was a 3rd party tool released called "idtech5 tweaker" that allowed you to run at higher framerates. I got it running at a locked 144hz, however it would occasionally lead to weird physics issues that would require you to go back to 60fps for a moment in order to pass that section. Luckily, the tool has a toggle hotkey.

I was able to play The Old Blood all the way through at 144 without any issues, however. Game was incredible at 144hz, idtech5 was just poorly thought out for PC optimization compared to 6.

This is not something I should've seen on my lunch break at work.

How am I gonna hide this boner now?

The Yiddish is amazing. The trap hallway is amazing.

Gurish

Yeah...as much as I enjoyed DOOM last year, I'm not a huge fan of the hell, fire and brimstone atmosphere/environments.

This setting is far more appealing and really brings out the best in the engine IMO. What a massive step up from idtech 5, both in quality and performance.

Fantastic knowing that, as good as it looks, it's going to scale well across a variety of PC set ups + consoles. My 1080 is ready day one.

Bungie should take note on how a late and current gen only sequel should look like visually, this is the kind of visual jump I expected from Destiny 2.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Watching Eurogamer and had to skip through 20 something minutes of cut scenes and narrative slow walking before gameplay opened up. Oof.

Otherwise, the shooting and level design look great.

I loved that par of the EG preview. Just walking, soaking in the world and the atmosphere, having fun. Nice preview. The game looks ace!

The latest Wolfenstein really surprised me. I got it because I've heard so many people talking good things about it and decided to try it for myself. A great FPS for sure.

I wonder what the sequel will bring from the latest Doom. Hopefully the attempt to create more memorable bosses. That's something that is generally lacking from FPS and Doom tried some interesting stuff. It would be cool if New Colossus kept this trend.

Top Bottom