• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another iPhone 8 leak emerges, new color.

Auctopus

Not that it really matters but I feel with the absence of the Home button ring and the speaker at the top, it doesn't look like an iPhone anymore. It's the first iPhone to remove those quite iconic aesthetic features.

Red

Not that it really matters but I feel with the absence of the Home button ring and the speaker at the top, it doesn't look like an iPhone anymore. It's the first iPhone to remove those quite iconic aesthetic features.
I think that's why they've done such an idiosyncratic redesign. The notch is the new home button. They are banking on the 8 to be an iconic design.

If the rumors are correct about FaceID usurping TouchID as a gateway into the phone, this will be both an aesthetic and functional passing of the torch.

Erebus

Like Red said they're hoping that the notch will become the new home button in terms of iconic design.
iphone-8-glyph-100730410-small.jpg

111468_apple_512x512.png

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Like Red said they're hoping that the notch will become the new home button.
This post will confuse people lol.

To clarify:
The "new home button" in terms of being emblamatic part of of the iconography of the iPhone design. Not the literal spot you push to go home
😄

Breakage

The iPhone lost its most (front) iconic feature - the home button with the 'square' icon - years ago.

Blackhead

Redarse
I've dealt with white bezel for years on my 6+. No reason I can't deal with a significantly smaller one here.
  • this bezel is significantly smaller but also asymmetrical which highlights the contrast (and ugliness)
  • White bezel reduces the likelihood of an iOS 'dark mode'
  • Apple restricts color choices with white bezels i.e. they almost always limit the white bezels to colorful models and black bezels to black/grey models

Top Bottom