• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another iPhone 8 leak emerges, new color.

nomis

white front bezel has ALWAYS looked atrocious, the notch just exacerbates what should have never been there on non space gray phones to begin with

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i can't get used to that rear camera. what are apple thinking? it's ugly as hell. the rest of the phone looks great but that camera...

ZOONAMI

If real it looks like they are going the moto route of extremely thin which results in camera bump and a small battery.

Wow, this is way uglier than I expected. It makes the fan-made renders actually look good.

I still don't "get" what Apple were trying to achieve with this phone. Just seems to be compromise all round.

Oxn

Well, a lot of apple fans like fp sensor on front, looks like it's on back, strange bezel design, camera bump, and I still think people don't like no headphone jack.

And we get the priviledge of paying over a grand for it, plus tax.

KingV

The back has to be glass for wireless charging. This phone just seems so boring to me.

Does it really? Is it because of too much attenuation through metal?

Doesn't NFC also work through induction? Apple Pay works through the back of my phone.

jts

...hate me...
Does it really? Is it because of too much attenuation through metal?

Doesn't NFC also work through induction? Apple Pay works through the back of my phone.
It has plastic bands to let the signal go through.

Well, a lot of apple fans like fp sensor on front, looks like it's on back, strange bezel design, camera bump, and I still think people don't like no headphone jack.
Camera bump and omission of headphone jack aren't unique to this design. The sensor on back and top bezel indent is a result of attempting to remove as much bezel as possible, which is the way all these things are going. The effect of an 'all screen' smartphone is dramatic, looks super cool, and it's what people expect from a 'next gen' device. Would those who consider the bezel indent and rear sensor as 'compromises' really prefer Apple to make yet another generation of forehead and chin-heavy phones? Who knows how long we'd have to wait before they can figure out how to hide all front-facing sensors and cameras underneath the display. If they hadn't done something significantly different for this generation, they'd be accused of being lazy. And if they'd reduced the forehead and chin as much as possible while retaining space for the sensors, they'd have been accused of copying the S8.

LordOfChaos

I wish the back part was more...Copper.

Canadian_penny1.jpg

TrutaS

If we have a touchid on the back, I hope it's in the apple logo like that video shows. That's actually very smart.

Why didn't they make the Touch ID the Apple logo? Also don't mind that bronze colour at... it's not fantastic, but not as gross as some are making out. I'd prefer a tone that was a little more 'terracotta' or 'clay', though. I like warm hues in technology.

Red

I wonder if video recording will be a special focus, to sell that storage capacity. How else do you fill that much space on a phone?

Red

Probably, assuming the rumors are correct that it will record 4k at 60fps and 240fps slow motion in 1080p
240fps slow mo would be nice. I hope it's encoded at a higher bitrate. Slow mo right now looks fairly pitiful. I suspect AR video might also be featured. 60fps 4K would be a terror on low storage devices.

Top Bottom