• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA at it again: Want a new gun in BF: Bad Company? Pay us.

Sato Koiji said:
I really dislike the direction gaming is heading.

Pay for extra maps, extra weapons, extra shit?

I makes me sick. GAmes are expensive anyway so they just push it further.

At least we'll know what to blame when the next gaming marketcrash occurs. :\

total meme ban-bait

dork said:
Well I wont buy purchasing any extra guns no matter how much I like the game. I can't support something like that...that's just ridiculous

+1
I was kinda looking forward to this game.

Any money I spend for a gun, will be for a REAL gun.

what the fuck is this shit? No, seriously, what the fuck?

Games are expensive the way they are, no way I'd be paying for effing guns in a FPS game. What a fucking amount of shit.

DuckRacer

The kicker is, even if you buy the special edition for $70 (and get 5 extra weapons), there's still another 5 weapons not included you'd have to buy if you wanted to use them.

It's bullshit.

Pay for guns? Fuck that. First no PC now this? I will definitely not be getting this game. Way to fuck up a great series EA.

a.jpg

>:-S

FFChris

anachronous_one said:
No, this statement makes it pretty clear that you aren't getting it. A beta is supposed to act as a service to the developer and publisher, either through finding bugs or by stress testing the software or infrastructure. Using a beta (basically a free means of testing out their product before they put it up for sale) as a commerce tool would certainly be no better than this junk being in the final retail product.

Yes, I understand what a beta is.

I look at console betas such as Halo 3 and this one more as a final product 'demo'. Sure it gives then useful data to optimise the online game with, but don't think they aren't looking past the marketing value of putting out a beta.

I'm not saying what they are doing is right, not by any means. If this is the way console gaming is going to go, I'll seriously consider going back into PC gaming.

Kibbles

I pray to god that EA doesn't take over Take-Two... otherwise we will be seeing this in a lot more games. EA publishes enough games as it is. :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
To clarify the situation:

If you pay 60 US dollars for the game, you have to pay EA to get 10 guns they tested and finished creating at the same time they finished the game, that are on the disc but locked from you unless you pony up some money.

If you pay 70 US dollars for the collector's edition of the game, you get 5 of the locked on-disc guns, but still have to pay EA to access the the 5 other guns they finished and tested before the game shipped that are also on the disc.

EA should release an "uber" edition of the game that has the 10 guns on the disc they decided to lock off for microtransactions for a bargain price of 80 US dollars.

EDIT: Or, they could just ship the game with the guns they created for it for the "next-gen price" of 60 US dollars....

Top Bottom