• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see a FFXV PC announcement happening until every DLC drops.
The big Gamescom announcement will be Multiplayer/Ignis DLC stuff. And maybe Scorpio enhancement version (which is funny because, it's basically the enhancement we'll get on PC. So much for rebuilding the game).

If the XBOX enhancements ar anything like the PS4 Pro "enhancements" it'll be a complete mess.

tuxfool

Banned
If the XBOX enhancements ar anything like the PS4 Pro "enhancements" it'll be a complete mess.

It has more headroom on the Xbox. It could work out.

FFXV was super disappointing. Doubt I'll double dip.

I won't dip at all. At one point I was interested in the game, they'd have a sale from me if they had released it at the same time as the consoles. I can't even summon the interest to buy it at discount.

Dinjoralo

Oooo, Gamescom is happening soon? And PAX West soon after... there's going to be a lot of announcements soon, woo!

Also, I am now the proud user of a mechanical keyboard~ I pretty much typed this for an excuse to feel those satisfying clicks~

Rizzi

I was super excited for FF XV.. Until I actually played it. That combat is bad in a way that I didn't think was possible.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oooo, Gamescom is happening soon? And PAX West soon after... there's going to be a lot of announcements soon, woo!

Also, I am now the proud user of a mechanical keyboard~ I pretty much typed this for an excuse to feel those satisfying clicks~
Monday iirc for Gamecom

I'm excited

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, I've never been keen on FF, but XV did intrigue me. Then I heard that the story was basically irredeemable (but it still got good reviews?)

Hektor

The worst thing about FFXV rarely ever gets mentioned and that is the godawful sidequests.

There are like two sidequests in the game that have a story and one of them is a literal advertisement..

All other sidequests are literally just collectng beans from a field or slaying random ass sheep in a forest.

I was super excited for FF XV.. Until I actually played it. That combat is bad in a way that I didn't think was possible.

It feels like you're never actually in control of anything.

Instead of pressing attack you hold down attack mode button and instead of pressing dodge you press dodgemode button, with the respective actions then happening automatically whenever possible.

The cool looking Team-Tag-Attacks you cannot willfully trigger

Then you have a braindead AI that runs into every single instakill AoE meaning you'll revive each of them in a bossifght about a dozen times.

You literally have no use for magic. All magic is ressource based aoe grenades that hit your braindead party AI for more damage than the enemy and you have no way to tell your AI not to engage with the enemy.

You have party based limit breaks you can activate but those too, you can not actually control proper.

The camera is straight up garbage in combination with bigger enemies and makes it impossible to actually have everythign improtant in view.

If everything comes together it looks like this

i was incredibly excited for XV, bought the Deluxe Edition an the Soundtrack.

One of my biggest gaming disappointments in many years.

Yeah, I've never been keen on FF, but XV did intrigue me. Then I heard that the story was basically irredeemable (but it still got good reviews?)

The story itself is actually fairly allright. Like, the idea behind it is cool.
The thing with it is, that you don't actually see anything of it.

EVERYTHING, and i mean, EVERYTHING happens off screen. All major things that happen you get told in small bits of random dialogue or radio stations during trainrides.

Like, i'm not sure this is clear, i'm not joking.

AHA-Lambda

The story itself is actually fairly allright. Like, the idea behind it is cool.
The thing with it is, that you don't actually see anything of it.

EVERYTHING, and i mean, EVERYTHING happens off screen. All major things that happen you get told in small bits of random dialogue or radio stations during trainrides.

Like, i'm not sure this is clear, i'm not joking.

Yeah that sounds utterly infuriating to me...

Yea the combat is fucking awful. If you're going to try and be an action RPG go all the way with it instead of whatever the hell that was. Lightning Returns did a much better job at an action JRPG combat system imo.

Teggy

Oh boy, Layers of Fear is like Jumpscare The GameTM. It's killing me. I assume Observer is a much different kind of game?

Anteater

You really need to L2Modbot.

image.php

The worst thing about FFXV rarely ever gets mentioned and that is the godawful sidequests.

There are like two sidequests in the game that have a story and one of them is a literal advertisement..

All other sidequests are literally just collectng beans from a field or slaying random ass sheep in a forest.

Yup. FFXV side quests are embarrassing and I hate the FFXV defence force in the gaming side. FFXV deserves all the hate.

That said, I'll still double dip on PC. Not actually double dip as I've already sold my PS4 copy.

Despite all of its flaws, the game is a technical marvel, though not consistent. I'd like to see the game at its full glory on PC.

Jawmuncher

The patches probably helped a lot. The side missions do get pretty dumb though. Especially when you have the car on top of it. But now that you can off road that potentially could fix a lot

BasilZero

The big Gamescom announcement will be Multiplayer/Ignis DLC stuff. And maybe Scorpio enhancement version (which is funny because, it's basically the enhancement we'll get on PC. So much for rebuilding the game).

Yeah I dont expect it to come out until all DLC is available.

Anyways, hoping for FFT WotL to come out before it :X

Dinjoralo

Uh... Huh? I don't follow. I know what you're talking about, but I don't follow how updating the game to run with Xbox X changes their PC plans.
Anyways, hoping for FFT WotL to come out before it :X
Best you should hope for is a shitty mobile version port, sadly.

Momentary

Banned
Final Fantasy XV, XII, and Dissidia... Hopefully they'll all hit PC within the next 2 years.

I don't know why Square Enix does this bullshit.

Uh... Huh? I don't follow. I know what you're talking about, but I don't follow how updating the game to run with Xbox X changes their PC plans. :p

It kind of does make sense to me. You have a Windows machine running on the same architecture that you're basically giving different graphical configurations to. Might as well work on the PC version too. Just have the porting team throw in more graphical options while also locking in XB1X configurations.

Seems like a good way to knock out two birds with one stone.

Final Fantasy XV, XII, and Dissidia... Hopefully they'll all hit PC within the next 2 years.

It kind of does make sense to me. You have a Windows machine running on the same architecture that you're basically giving different graphical configurations to. Might as well work on the PC version too. Just have the porting team throw in more graphical options while also locking in XB1X configurations.

Seems like a good way to knock out two birds with one stone.

For FFXV, dumbness.
For FFXII and Dissidia, moneyhat. Heck, Dissidia might stay exclusive.

Don't forget the Dragon Quest games; which is crazy because the series would sell gangbusters on PC due to how traditional the RPG elements and controls are with a shitton of gametime for each entry. But all we've gotten were 3 fucking spin-offs with 2 coming from a trash PC port house.

and Squeenix does this because their higher-ups are incompetent

zkylon

zkylewd
Can't remember it ever been under that, just make sure it's the GOTY edition or you'll have to buy DLC separately, if it was released in your country.
hmm probably not gonna be goty edition

how much is goty edition on the playstation store for?

kevin1025

Banned
Don't forget the Dragon Quest games; which is crazy because the series would sell gangbusters on PC due to how traditional the RPG elements and controls are with a shitton of gametime for each entry. But all we've gotten were 3 fucking spin-offs with 2 coming from a trash PC port house.

and Squeenix does this because their higher-ups are incompetent

I'm still wondering where the heck Dragon Quest Builders is. And World of Final Fantasy, for that matter!

I really don't expect Dragon Quest stuff to hit PC because they seem off in their own world about it. I assume Heroes was the exception due to it being another K-T Musou and was their handling.

Ganyc

yep, first the dlc then the announcement

For gamescom i think we will get a FF12 announcement
and Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics - believe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yep, first the dlc then the announcement

For gamescom i think we will get a FF12 announcement
and Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics - believe

I actually want a XII announcement more because I always wanted to play it /shrug

Jimrpg

Because of the silly high price of PES in most regions one of the tags is heist 😂😂😂😂

http://store.steampowered.com/app/592580/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018/

I've never had any problems with them tbh

Hey Steam Gaf - I preordered a PES2018 key off an external site, then realised that the store page isn't available in my country yet (Malaysia), so I went to cancel the key. If the store page doesn't go up on the same date as everywhere else, would I still be able to use the steam key, or would that game be unavailable in my region?

I ask, because this seems to happen every year with PES in my country. It is so weird, that every other country gets prices but Malaysia and China always gets held off. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom