• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Noctowl is always pissed, look at those eyebrows, it's almost on Primeape levels of permanent angry expression.

Now it's not my fault that Archeops is like a one pokemon army, capable of toppling entire regions on its own, meanwhile Noctowl is good for screwing over Ghost types and pecking bellsprouts, it has its moments for like the first half of Johto.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
igkZi.gif

I'll always love Noctowl for being the one Pokemon that shit all over Morty's Gengar (immune to Shadow Ball, Hypnosis). And it's awesome looking.

Staraptor is another good in game flying Pokemon for being able to OHKO many threats and Intimidate gives it pseudo-bulk. Pelipper was decent too, being a Pokemon that could use both Surf and Fly.

As ingame Pokemon go, Darmanitan is a tank. Strong as Darumaka, and unstoppable as Darmanitan. Excadrill does good work too, but is harder to find.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They should make a flying/dragon that doesn't suck. Something like Hydreigon. And yes, even that one you're thinking of doesn't suck, does. Oh and that other one too. Yup, both of them.

And I did like Archeops too. Its design... not as much, but yeah, it was a beast.

NEO0MJ

This one has probably been done to death in months past, but I haven't seen it since I started posting here.

That being said, top 10 favourite Pokémon, GO!

Wow, this is pretty difficult. I'll try to be fair to each gen and type, but my choices will probably be skewed my nostalgia and newer Pokemon so not all my real favs will show up. Plus I'll be skipping starters, those are kinda their own thing.

Anyways, here we go!

10-Regice (The design felt so original and unique, and it was the first legendary I caught in its gen so I grew to like it a lot, despite being kinda bad in battle)

9-Crobat (very cool and useful Pokemon that I've made a tradition of catching in every game since silver, Only time I didn't do this was in B/W)

8-Absol (Something about this Pokemon's design just clicks. One of gen 3's best offerings)

7-Giratina (The only good looking member of gen 4's dragon trio and overall a badass looking Pokemon. Great tank, too)

6-Zapdos (First legendary I ever caught. I had no idea there were even legendaries when I found it by chance while exploring. Plus it's no slouch in the fighting department either, despite its limited movepool)

5-Sigilyph (probably one of the better BW Pokemon. It's design really feels otherworldly and it can be devastating on the battlefield)

4-Kyurem (Like Giratina, a unique dragon type. Its asymmetric and damaged look is pretty cool, and it looks so funny doing that wobble during its idle stance. Plus, no weakness towards ice!)

3-Dunsprance (looks so darn goofy and funny and was one of the first Pokemon I caught in silver, helped me a lot during that game and really left an impression on me. After giving him Serene Grace he got a huge battle boost, too)

2-Hitmonchan (My fav fighting Pokemon. Its design and concept are cool, as I've always been a fan of boxing. It's ability Iron Fist fits it perfectly)

1-Jigglypuff (Just look at her. Most adorable Pokemon ever. Doesn't hurt that she was one of my mains in smash)

7166728450_e6de2ca1d3.jpg

This one has probably been done to death in months past, but I haven't seen it since I started posting here.

That being said, top 10 favourite Pokémon, GO!

My list probably isn't too impressive, but hey. I've got my reasons.

10. Ambipom
Funny thing. I hated Aipom when I first saw it in G/S. I hated it even more when I saw it in Pokemon Stadium 2. What an ugly creature. Fortunately, the anime makes everything better. When Ash got an Aipom and D/P was around the corner, I wondered what the evolution would look like. I think Ambipom looks way better than Aipom, and the way it battled in the anime won me over. Loved using Fake Out and Life Orb too. Oh, if only I had more room for Pokemon...

9. Cyndaquil
The porcupine is my favourite animal. Long story. I just love this guy. He just looks really awesome. I like Quilava and Typhlosion too but Cyndaquil is just...fsdshbdlkbld.

8. Espeon
Pretty elegant and it was my Eevee of choice in G/S. I felt even better knowing that Red has his own Espeon. In truth, 8 and 7 are pretty much the same for me...

7. Vaporeon
In Blue/Yellow this was my Eevee of choice. Nowadays, Vaporeon is still pretty amazing. Unfortunately, another Water type is my absolutely favourite, and not for its stats.

The remaining 6 are my dream team, and I like almost every member of their evolution lines.

6. Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
I wish Emboar's stats were better. :( Well, actually, I could say that for all three Unova starters. I really do love the design of this Pokemon though. Actually, I think it's the first time Ken Sugimori discussed what they did with the starters in detail (the inspiration being Japanese/Chinese/European designs) which could be another reason why I love these three so much. When the final evolutions were first revealed, I think Emboar was the first one I was okay with. I'm not sure why, but it just felt right. I'm with everyone else on the Fire/Fighting typing, but this guy is definitely an awesome design.

5. Snivy/Servine/Serperior
This guy is just awesome. Serperior was especially a surprise to me. I've never really liked any of the previous snake Pokemon, but Serperior makes sure that you know he's a boss. Well, I wish his stats reflected that a bit more, but I can deal with it. Like Tepig, I feel like Snivy's "royalty" aspect doesn't really come into play until the final evolution. Nonetheless, Snivy and Servine are solid designs too. I hope for good moveset additions in Black & White 2 (same for Tepig's line).

4. Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
I'm a HUGE samurai fan. I love samurai to death. I was always hoping for a samurai Pokemon and I finally got one--as a STARTER too. I have to admit, I kind of like Oshawott and Dewott's design more than Samurott. When the starters' final evolutions were leaked, I hated Samurott like crazy. "How could Mijimaru evolve into that thing?!" Even when the game was released, I was still iffy about it until that Pokemon Center poster came out with him taking his shell blade out of his armour. I could finally respect the design. I'm just really glad that a samurai Pokemon finally exists.

3. Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus
This thing is damn cute. I mean, holy crap. Not only is it cute, but its stat distribution is GREAT. It can take hits, it can dish out nice damage, it has Magic Guard...ugh, just perfect! I was a bit concerned since I've never used such a slow Pokemon before, but there was no need to worry. Its voice in the anime is kind of weird, though...

2. Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
When I first played Gold, I beat the game with only two Pokemon: Typhlosion and Togetic. Thanks to the anime's influence, I treated my Togepi with absolute care. Togetic weirded me out a little, but it was okay. I didn't use Togetic in 3rd gen because I didn't like 3rd gen very much, but when Togekiss came around I was shocked. "Togetic actually got an evolution? It's so odd, but I LIKE IT." An airplane thing! And it was amazingly strong! Serene Grace! Flinchkiss, YES. I think like my number 1, Togekiss probably has an automatic spot on my team. I really like it that much.

1. Pikachu
Yep, a Pikachu fan since I first played the game. Actually, to be honest, what really made me a Pikachu fan was the first episode of the anime. I'm not sure how to describe it. The first Pokemon episode is one of the best first episodes of any show I've watched. It felt genuine. The moment with Ash defending Pikachu from the Spearows, and the end of the episode making it feel like a really epic adventure was about to start...it was amazing. Since then I got Yellow, got the Pikachu N64, mained him in every Smash game and I've used him in every generation. Sorry Raichu fans. =( Light Ball forever!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
10. Skarmory
It's a metal bird. Great design, great stats, and good movepool. Easily one of the second generation's standouts, especially for me, as I prefer Flying-types.

9. Gyarados
Speaking of Flying-types, this is one that many argue would be better off not being one... but that's Gyarados' whole appeal for me. Water is my second favorite type, and Gyarados can rip through many a 'mon, even if it is still kind of fragile. The shiny one I caught in SoulSilver is a near-permanent afixture to my team.

8. Larvesta
This is one I chose based purely on looks. Love this little bugger. The anime made me an even bigger fan. Volcarona is cool and all, but there's something about this little guy that makes me smile.

7.Chandelure
Really, this whole line of Pokemon is fantastic, Litwick especially, but I have to call it out to Chandelure. Great type and fantastic design.

6. Drifloon
I like Drifloon's design a bit more than Drifblim's, it's smaller and simpler, but I do like Drifblim a lot too (it also pops up on my team often, again because of its typing.) When I asked for a good Ghost/Flying Pokemon, I didn't expect how good it would eventually turn out.

5. Cyndaquil
In my opinion, the cutest starter. It's sort of a shame Typhlosion didn't turn out better (design, movepool, and stats wise), but I do like Typhlosion too. If we're going by most adorable Pokemon, Cyndaquil always has my vote, hands-down.

4. Empoleon
I couldn't have anticipated how awesome my starter Pokemon would become when I chose Piplup in Pearl. What a fantastic idea for a typing, with a great movepool and good stats too. I try not to let such things affect how I like a Pokemon, but that's the way it always ends up. Besides that, Empoleon is one dapper mofo, one of the best designed final-form starters if not the best-designed. Suck it nostalgists, Empoleon's one for the books.

3. Hydreigon
Ah. A strange choice and not one I was even predicting. I actually kind of like Haxorus' design more, it just is more... symmetrical? Something like that. Haxorus is like Dialga or Palkia, very well designed but a hint of being over-designed. Hydreigon is like Giratina or Kyurem (the latter of which very nearly made this list) -- unfettered creativity. It's also a beast competitive-wise, and its uniqueness as the only Special-focused pseudo-legend Dragon only adds to its appeal for me.

2. Togekiss/Togetic
This one is too close to call. Togetic was the only thing that ever approached my love of the next Pokemon. Its design was perfect, and when Togekiss was revealed, I wasn't that kind to it. But it has definitely grown on me. Combined with Togekiss' power in-game, this is the one Pokemon I can say will always have a spot on my team.

1. Raichu
And this is it, the number one, and it has been since the first games. Sandshrew actually contested this spot for a while, as did Kabuto of all things. But Raichu won out long before Gold and Silver released and has stood the test of time. And really, it's because it comes down to the same reason I like Luigi more than Mario: it stands in the shadow of the series mascot. I think the tail is cool, and in a hipster way I've always liked how overlooked it usually is. I just wish it were more competitively viable. It's 75% of the way there, but... too fragile.

NEO0MJ

5. Cyndaquil
In my opinion, the cutest starter. It's sort of a shame Typhlosion didn't turn out better (design, movepool, and stats wise), but I do like Typhlosion too. If we're going by most adorable Pokemon, Cyndaquil always has my vote, hands-down.

When it evolved into Quilava I was expecting something epic for its final evolution. Typhlosion was kinda disappointing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
9. Cyndaquil
The porcupine is my favourite animal. Long story. I just love this guy. He just looks really awesome. I like Quilava and Typhlosion too but Cyndaquil is just...fsdshbdlkbld.

*brofist*

4. Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
I'm a HUGE samurai fan. I love samurai to death. I was always hoping for a samurai Pokemon and I finally got one--as a STARTER too. I have to admit, I kind of like Oshawott and Dewott's design more than Samurott. When the starters' final evolutions were leaked, I hated Samurott like crazy. "How could Mijimaru evolve into that thing?!" Even when the game was released, I was still iffy about it until that Pokemon Center poster came out with him taking his shell blade out of his armour. I could finally respect the design. I'm just really glad that a samurai Pokemon finally exists.

I like Oshawott too, it's my second favorite Water starter line.

3. Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus
This thing is damn cute. I mean, holy crap. Not only is it cute, but its stat distribution is GREAT. It can take hits, it can dish out nice damage, it has Magic Guard...ugh, just perfect! I was a bit concerned since I've never used such a slow Pokemon before, but there was no need to worry. Its voice in the anime is kind of weird, though...

This very nearly made my list, but I don't care for its typing. :p Probably my favorite Psychic type though.

2. Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
When I first played Gold, I beat the game with only two Pokemon: Typhlosion and Togetic. Thanks to the anime's influence, I treated my Togepi with absolute care. Togetic weirded me out a little, but it was okay. I didn't use Togetic in 3rd gen because I didn't like 3rd gen very much, but when Togekiss came around I was shocked. "Togetic actually got an evolution? It's so odd, but I LIKE IT." An airplane thing! And it was amazingly strong! Serene Grace! Flinchkiss, YES. I think like my number 1, Togekiss probably has an automatic spot on my team. I really like it that much.

Can you believe I hadn't read your post when I made mine? XD It's eerie how similar or last sentences on Togakiss are. But you... You have great taste, (except for that line on Togetic.) I'd say perfect, except...

1. Pikachu
Yep, a Pikachu fan since I first played the game. Actually, to be honest, what really made me a Pikachu fan was the first episode of the anime. I'm not sure how to describe it. The first Pokemon episode is one of the best first episodes of any show I've watched. It felt genuine. The moment with Ash defending Pikachu from the Spearows, and the end of the episode making it feel like a really epic adventure was about to start...it was amazing. Since then I got Yellow, got the Pikachu N64, mained him in every Smash game and I've used him in every generation. Sorry Raichu fans. =( Light Ball forever!

Awww... so close.

HKEE8.jpg

Well since everyone else is doing it

HM: Charmeleon who was once battling for my number 1 position, for some reason over the last year its just dropped down my list fast, still awesome though.

10= Hypno
Just about edges its way onto the top 10, its design is so bizarre when you think about it yet it manages to fit right in, the ruff just oozes class, plus hypnosis is the gimmick to the point it carries around a pendulum.
10= Gliscor
It wasn't until Heart Gold that I realised that I used this pokemon quite a lot since its introduction, I always liked the idea of Gligar but it suffered from the usual gen 2 flaws of being kind of weak and in need of an evo, and what an evo it was. Gliscor just looks monstrous, what's funny is I like it because it's reminiscent of a bat, yet I don't really care for the actual bat pokemon.
(yeah I inadvertently did a top 11 at first, i'm leaving these two as a joint entry)

9. Noctowl
Well I went through this earlier, it's an Owl so I like it by default, but I find it kind of boring to actually use in the grand scheme of things, the curse of being the early game bird I guess. Still Noctowl's approach being more special attack orientated with some more out there move choices (like Psychic) save it from feeling too pedestrian. Still the design is great, I just wish I enjoyed actually using Noctowl more.

8. Magmortar
This lardo has grown on me, I'm not even sure why, is it the blaster combined with the rejected robot master look? is it the huge lips? well the removal of the ass/boob head is definitely an improvement, funny how upon evolving this design got simpler.
heh, its Japanese name is Boobum, fits Magmar more if you ask me.

7. Blaziken
Kung fu chicken man thing, i'm almost thinking this design got me back into pokemon after I dropped out for a bit, it's just so weird yet I love it. I was all ready to go with Treeko until I discovered Blaziken was the final form of Torchic, so plans changed and Combusken is pretty cool as well.

6. Krokorok
I want to like Krookodile more but the colour scheme, the phallic head, the messed up pattern...NO! Krokorok had the design down to perfection, standing with arms folded like a boss, Krokorok doesn't give a damn even when getting beat down, just nods away like it has no time for your shenanigans. I actually removed my original Krookodile to replace it with a new Krokorok holding eviolite. I still like the Krook but the Krok knows what's cooking.

5. Cloyster
That smug grin just wins me over, I don't even have much to say here, Cloyster just clicks with me for whatever reason.

4. Steelix
Onix is small time, just look at that monstrous jaw of steelix, best crunch in pokemon history surely? Steelix looks so sure of victory, I admire that glare. Jasmine had the right idea, who needs a gym filled with trainers, she has a freaking Steelix!

3. Abomasnow

Love at first sight, I hate the fact it brings hail with it though, makes using it a pain. Anyway Abomasnow is like some kind of Yeti tree with an cool sounding typing that actually sort of sucks but oh well. Blizzard and Woodhammer in the same moveset just makes me giddy for some reason, actually its snow warning does have one great point, 100% accurate Blizzard.

2. Scyther
It has blade arms! Gallade and Bisharp were years late to this party, Scyther is awesome enough to not be truly overshadowed by the almost as awesome Scizor, yeah being a blade armed mantis man will do that. Plus its anime voice was tops.

1. Primeape
It's a pig ape fuzzball filled with neverending rage, it gives us the best episode of the pokemon anime and also some of the best pokedex entries...

It will beat up anyone who makes it mad, even if it has to chase them until the end of the world.

It grows angry if you see its eyes and gets angrier if you run. If you beat it, it gets even madder.

HOLY EXPLETIVE! Primeape isn't just the king of the jungle, it's the king of kings, you can't beat it, it just gets more enraged, you can travel across the sea and Primeape will swim after you, you can go to space and I assume it takes flight on a Golurk to carry on the chase and I guess the only way to end being chased by this guy isn't to make it faint, you'd have to kill it, now that's determination!

Doing a top 10 here is ridiculously hard, there's too many choices!

MikeMyers

10. Groudon - Just a badass.
09. Glaceon - My favourite Eevee evolution.
08. Suicune - My favourite of the dogs.
07. Blaziken - Fighting KFC.
06. Quagsire - Just seems like the type of guy you'd want to chill with
05. Rayquaza - Straight-up the most badass Dragon ever
04. Chikorita - Cutest Pokemon ever, always choose her as my starter as well.
03. Gyarados - It's a 21 foot flying Sea-Serpent, whats not to like?
02. Bulbasaur - Always picked him as my starter, sentimental attachment right there.
01. Haunter - Ash's only undefeated Pokemon from Kanto, the greatest.

To be honest only 1-4 are my list, the rest is subject to change.

igkZi.gif

I'll always love Noctowl for being the one Pokemon that shit all over Morty's Gengar (immune to Shadow Ball, Hypnosis). And it's awesome looking.

Staraptor is another good in game flying Pokemon for being able to OHKO many threats and Intimidate gives it pseudo-bulk. Pelipper was decent too, being a Pokemon that could use both Surf and Fly.

I was thinking about using Noctowl in my Soul Silver run. How is he? I've only sud the Level 20 Spearow that they give you....but now I'm tempted to use him.

Wiseblade

My top 10 Favourite Pokémon

Note: The order is interchangable for many of these depending on my mood or what I had for lunch.

10) Gliscor/Landorus - There's something about the Ground/Flying type combination that's really comforting. I can't quite put my finger on it...

9) Galvantula - Initially I didn't give this Pokémon a second look, but it's grown on me really quickly recently.

8) Volcarona - I think this stems from how powerful it is in battle and how big it's supposed to be. This thing is huge!

7) Darmanitan - This thing is the Pokémon version of the Hulk; Forget Primape, he wouldn't last two seconds against a Darmanitan. One Flare Blitz and you'd be smelling roast pork.

6) Haunter - This guy is a BAWS. And Shiny Haunter is one of the few good looking shinies.

5) Jolteon - The best Eeveelution. Also, the best electric type.

4) Staraptor - Rumour has it this Pokémon was originally going to be Fighting/Flying type and be called Murderhawk, but it caused the test cartridges to melt from awesomeness overload.

3) Snivy - He has more class than you.

2) Blaziken - Before my current favourite came along, this guy was my number one. And what's not to like? He's a fire-breathing fighting chicken.

1) Empoleon - According to legend, The entire Pokémon design team attempted to resign after creating this Pokémon, stating that they'd already reached perfection and there was no point continuing. Eventually Game Freak executives showed them the projected sales figures for Black/White and they begrudgingly put pen to paper once again. Apparently, even mentioning the Pokémon is enough to send to send some artists into a depression.

TOP TEN (in no particular order)

Absol
First off, just look at it. It looks like a Hollow right out of BLEACH. Also, its Atk stat is monstrous; I used to have one with Swords Dance that would wreck shit in the story mode.

Gyarados
A beast. The sea dragon has been top tier since R/B/Y, and it has only gotten better with new games. It's already bulky enough, but when you factor in Intimidate, Dragon Dance, a plethora of physical moves which offer coverage, and a huge base Atk stat, this sucker makes me proud to be a Water-themed specialist.

Vaporeon
Another of my Water babies. It's bulky, can pass Wish and Acid Armor, and can win most battles of attrition with Surf/Ice Beam and Toxic. I'm also biased because I spent an ungodly amount of time trying to hatch a bold female Eevee specifically because I wanted to name one after an esoteric character from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Swampert
Hands-down the best starter in terms of battle capability. Its 4x Grass weakness can be seriously dampened with the resistance berry, and this thing can tank and take hits like a motherfucker. It can lay Stealth Rock, hit with enormous STAB'd Earthquakes, and also counter with a powerful Avalanche.

Leafeon
Elegant and powerful. This thing is a physical juggernaut--its base Def is ridiculously high for a Grass-type, and Swords Dance and Chlorophyl turn it into a monsterous Leaf Blade user. Another of my personal favorites, from experience using it.

Lucario
Though he may be overexposed, I'll never forget how my old Lucario used to wreck havoc on my fellow players. Fun story: During the craze where Japanese players were scrambling to get as many English Pokemon as they could, I put a Bonsly up onto GTS hoping someone would trade me a Lucario. They did. Post-game, I made a second Lucario as a dedicated special sweeper. Vacuum Wave, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Dragon Pulse made it one of the most dominant special sweepers I've ever used. :D

Charizard
The dragon. All cosmetic things aside, Charizard is great. Its typing is shit (Stealth Rock damage), but Flamethrower and Air Slash are great if you slap a Focus Spec on it. Used one for my Battle Tower team.

Houndoom
A freakin' hellhound. I've liked Houndour's line since it first debuted, and its evolved form, while UU, is still awesome. The fact it learns Nasty Plot (one of my favorite moves) alone makes it cool, but it's a freaking hellhound.

Lanturn
Ran this thing on my Water squad as well. Unique typing with a phenomenal ability made this one of my favorites; it's a great annoyer and mixup. Plus, angler fish rock.

Samurott
Like many others, I hated Samurott until I saw the one promotional poster with it drawing its swords, and everything clicked. It's got a pretty good movepool--even if it's outshone by Swampert--and a samurai Pokemon is just too cool to pass up. I really wish it learned Sword of Justice, though (hehe). Also, it vindicates Oshawott's silly appearance (although the "Same Colors" comic made me fall in love with Oshawott).

10- Rotom- Like the backstory, LOVE the formes; added nicely to the subtle note of creepiness that Platinum brought to the series.
9- Reuniclus- Love the design, love the concept, love everything about it.
8- Lucario- Best fourth gen Pokemon by a streak, star of the best movie, mainstay of every fourth gen team I ever played with, and my SBB main. The only reason this one's not higher is because it's been spoilt by the internet for me. -_-
7- Heracross- Bit more of a recent pick, this one, but Heracross worked great in getting me through my HG run, and packs one hell of a wallop too.
6- Pikachu- Yeah, typical no-nothing choice, but sue me. A perfect little ball of lovability; he's the mascot for a reason.
5- Scrafty- THE ingame Pokemon to use in BW (seriously, super-effectiveness against 3 of the Elite 4 is crazy) and a really good design.
4- Jirachi- Steel/Psychic typing is great/ hideously annoying, and stats are, as you might expect, great. Really nice design, that I'm baffled they didn't make more of; Jirachi should be an icon.
3- Oshawott- Call it Cabin Fever, if you like, but I've loved this little guy ever since he was revealed. Certainly my favourite starter, and his evos are reasonable too.
2- Nidoking- Not for any deep or meaningful reason, but simply because Nidoking was the first for me. When I got my Yellow, the first Pokemon game I ever played, I caught a Nidoran to back Pikachu up. Nidoking just strolled through the game, my most dependable Pokémon ever. I've levelled several Pokemon to level 100 over the years, but absolutely none have meant quite as much as my Nidoking did.
1- Dwebble- Well, duh.

EDIT: Man, that's even more Gen V heavy than I thought it'd be.

10. Thundurus - Awesome design, and an interesting typing.

9. Salamence - Favourite dragon type. Bagon was a tad annoying to obtain, which made finally getting him and training him until he evolved that much more satisfying.

8. Espeon - The first of my Johto brothers; I actually evolved the Eevee Bill gives you into an Umbreon on my first playthrough of Gold, but on subsequent playthroughs I made the switch.

7. Scizor - Another great design, don't know how many times I won the bug-catching contest with a Scyther who would eventually evolve into this beast.

6. Pikachu - The series mascot, not much to be said :p Probably grew on me because of watching the anime when it first started.

5. Bisharp - Gen V added some cool new pokemon, but this guy really stood out to me. Reminds me of Scizor.

4. Lucario - I have still yet to catch a shiny, but Riolu was the first shiny I received in a trade. I had to give up a Mew, but it was worth it, Lucario is now a staple on my teams.

3. Wartortle/Dewott - Everyone remembers the first time they played the Gen I games, and the starter they chose, mine was Squirtle. I like his whole evolutionary line, but Wartortle stands out to me design wise. Same goes for Dewott, they remind me of each other actually.

2. Gengar - Another Johto bro, not to mention Kanto as well. Haunter has a great design too, but there's something about a pokemon that you have to trade to evolve that makes them kind of unique.

1. Typhlosion - Was there ever any doubt? Pokemon Gold was the first pokemon game I owned, and Cyndaquil was the starter I chose. All my friends chose Totadile, so when we'd battle they'd all assume they would win no problem head to head. Little did they know that Typhlosion could learn Thunderpunch! So many memories with this guy, all culminating in him being my favourite pokemon, hands down.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
10. Groudon - Just a badass.
09. Glaceon - My favourite Eevee evolution.
08. Suicune - My favourite of the dogs.
07. Blaziken - Fighting KFC.
06. Quagsire - Just seems like the type of guy you'd want to chill with
05. Rayquaza - Straight-up the most badass Dragon ever
04. Chikorita - Cutest Pokemon ever, always choose her as my starter as well.
03. Gyarados - It's a 21 foot flying Sea-Serpent, whats not to like?
02. Bulbasaur - Always picked him as my starter, sentimental attachment right there.
01. Haunter - Ash's only undefeated Pokemon from Kanto, the greatest.

To be honest only 1-4 are my list, the rest is subject to change.

I was thinking about using Noctowl in my Soul Silver run. How is he? I've only sud the Level 20 Spearow that they give you....but now I'm tempted to use him.

He's definitely usable, but you'll probably replace him at some point for something faster and stronger. Noctowl is really durable though, and helps at a few specific gyms.

Top Bottom