• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really can't make a list either, but I know Drowzee, Carnivine, Glalie, Medicham, and Palpitoad are in there.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
1. Typhlosion - Was there ever any doubt? Pokemon Gold was the first pokemon game I owned, and Cyndaquil was the starter I chose. All my friends chose Totadile, so when we'd battle they'd all assume they would win no problem head to head. Little did they know that Typhlosion could learn Thunderpunch! So many memories with this guy, all culminating in him being my favourite pokemon, hands down.
Are... are you me?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_lzugtvaiII1qhziq1o1_500.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Here's my list. I'm not basing it on competitive viability. Rather, these are the ten Pokemon that have left the biggest impression on me.

10. Scolipede
I always like training the Caterpie of the generation. When my Whirlipede evolved, I did NOT expect this bad ass to pop out. That, and it was the first time I saw the giant dust cloud spread out when a big Pokemon lands in BW. Totally impressed.
09. Krookodile
Sunglasses? Check. Used to have his arms permanently crossed? Check. Sorry Scrafty fans, if I had to pick a Dark type from Gen V, it'd be this guy.
08. Alakazam
The original glass cannon. Totally made catching Abra worth it. Had the coolest moveset before Gen IV, too. Three elemental punches + Psychic!
07. Aggron
Steel is my favorite type. Steel/Rock resists so many things. Let's forget about the few horrendous weaknesses. Stupid crazy defense helps, too.
06. Gengar
Holding up the fort as the only Ghost type in Gen I. Always loved Haunter since that Sabrina episode, but in the end, Gengar wins out just because I've used it more often. So fast! So strong!
05. Tyranitar
I spent a lot of my time with this guy in Gen II. Crunch, Rock Slide, and Earthquake felt like such a great moveset when I was 10.
04. Kabutops
He's got scythes for hands!!! Also, Rock/Water typing was so contradictory and unique back in the day. (We don't mention that other guy.) Swift Swim just made him even better.
03. Typhlosion
The only time I picked a non-Grass starter. Cyndaquil was the shit, and Chikorita was a amorphous blob. Friends all picked Totodile, and I wrecked them with dat ThunderPunch. When I think of all the fun we had with Pokemon Stadium 2, I think about this guy.
02. Espeon
Best Eeveelution. Not only did you need happiness, but it also had to be daytime! 10 year old mind blown. Such a cool, sleek design, too.
01. Scizor
Has been my favorite since Gen II. Scyther was already too bad ass, but now he evolved??? Look at that sleek, red design. Look at that Steel typing. I even thought I was sooo clever when I taught Scyther Wing Attack before evolving him. A Steel/Bug with a Flying attack? dohohohohoho. Plus, False Swipe is a godsend for the single player. All around beast that has no downside.

SaberVulcan

Oh man a top 10 list :3.

1)Sandslash: He has always been my favorite, I just always liked everything about him. I have been trying to find plushes of this little guy forever, but hes not popular enough to get them made. I have also been using him in every single Pokemon game I can get him in, even though his moveset is absolute ass, and in B/W they straight up replaced him with Excadrill, who is 100% better.

2)Ursaring: This guy is an absolute monster. Teddiursa with Pickup found me all kinds of fun stuff, and then when he evolved he turned from this cute little utility Poke to this wrecking machine of ungodly power I fell in love.

3)Typhlosion: IMO coolest starter there ever was. Cyndaquil was adorable, and he turned into this badass. I also thought Flame Wheel was the coolest move in the world, and I didn't know anyone else with it.

4)Swampert: Ah Swampert. All my friends mocked me when I picked Mudkip in Sapphire, saying Treeko was the best and Mudkip sucked. While it was true, Swampert did get owned by grass types, this guy was just so useful, and looked much cooler then that lizard with a tree up his ass. Also used this guy on Smogon, arguably my best Pokemon too.

5)Doduo: I don't know why, but when I found Doduo in Red back in like, 2nd grade, I thought he was the greatest. I think it was because I could teach him Fly, even though it was made a point he had no wings. Also, Tri-Attack was just this cool unique move he could learn, that I swear had a 50% chance to freeze.

6)Dusknoir: For some weird reason, I did not like any ghost Pokemon pre-Duskull. It was probably because all of my friends had a hardon for Haunter so I shyed away from using him ever. I used Duskull in Gen 3 and thought he was really interesting; low health but high defense. Dusclops I was never a fan of, but when Gen 4 came out, and Dusknoir was introduced I found a place for Duskull in my team once more, and even used him on Smogon.

7)Raikou: Raikou was really the only legendary I really thought looked just awesome, and felt compelled to catch. Considering I did not really like legendaries for being OP, Raikou looked so badass I didn't care. Luckily for me, not only did I catch him in both Gold and HG fairly easily, but he wasnt that OP compared to other legendary Pokemon. Also, the way I caught him in Gold was one of the most memorable things to happen to me in Pokemon.

8)Farfetch'd and Delibird: These two belong together under my "So goddamn horrible but I love them anyway" slot at number 8. Both of these Pokemon are pretty much unusable. In HG, I bred a really good Farfetch'd and trained it up, but it still was this slow, weak, shitty mess that could not 0HKO a Heracross with a Fly attack. Delibird was just too RNG to use reliably, and his stats sucked so teaching him TMs just wasnt worth it. Still love these guys anyway.

9)Bulbasaur: Its hard to shake the nostalgia love from Bulbasaur. I thought he was the coolest out of the initial 3, and when all my friends went Charmander (seriously, all of them) I was the odd man out with my grass toad-plantman. I was on the fence for so long between Squirtle and Bulbasaur, but I was not a fan of Blastoise over Vensaur, so in the end Bulbasaur won my heart, and thus my number 9.

10)Excadrill: Even though I loathe how the implementation of this guy concretes the fact that Sandslash will always be shit, because he took his place, I still like this guy. Having already a huge boner for ground types, Excadrill is definitively one of the best there is in a competitive sense. He also was the only real Pokemon in B/W I really liked, so I had to give him a slot somewhere. Still, fuck the developers for shunning Sandslash.

Xux

Ooh ooh, I wanna do one.

10. Tyranitar. Though I've strayed away from Dragonite and his fellow whateverthehellyouwannacallthems, Tyranitar is still a pretty neat individual species. I liked how its meanness and spikiness foiled Dragonite's clumsiness and majesticness. Pretty popular since it's so strong I still let myself like it for some reason.

9: Articuno. My original favorite Pokemon; it took around zero generations for me to find legendary Pokemon boring. Still, its sleekness and blueness hold up for me even as the conformist nonconformist in me hates the escalation that legendary Pokemon bring.

8: Seviper. It took the anime's depiction of this Pokemon being more snake-like than accordion-like to get me to really like it but it's badass fangs and tail and great coloration and detail make this one of my favorites.

7: Carracosta. Despite being overshadowed by its counterpart's insane stats, Carracosta is a great design. The awesome mask and jaws, the fins, and the unique shell design all brought together with nice shades of blue. If I hadn't picked Oshawott as my starter I definately would've gone with Tirtouga over Archen.

6: Stunky. Admittedly, a pretty conservative skunk design, Stunky's simple yet appealing design tickles the same fancy the brilliant Sandshrew and Zigzagoon did earlier. My soft spot for poisonous and dark-types wooed me more as did its evolved form's awesome pompadour and random learning of flamethrower.

5: Kangaskhan. If there's one thing the first generation of games had over the sequels, it's the "exotic" feel the Safari Zone exlusive Pokemon had. Kangaskhan always stood out as a crazy amalgamation of dinosaur and kangaroo while still having that protective mother vibe going for it. I also like that it's one of the few Pokemon that are as big as you'd expect.

4: Feraligatr. Love the blue and red contrast Totodile and family have going on. They really nailed the alligator/crocodile thing on the first try with great expressions and proportions as well as good bulk and power to match.

3: Umbreon. Sort of a guilty pleasure as I don't have much more reason to liking it other than the black fur and red eyes. The moon theme and the defensive gameplay are also neat extras.

2: Mismagius. Misdreavus was a neat little one off Pokemon whose bust-like design and hair like features was a nice contrast to the abstract, gassy/spiky design of the previous Ghost-type monsters. I would've liked something closer to Misdreavus colors but the hat- and coat-like growths and the transition from ear piercing screams to euphoria and hallucination inducing speech in the Pokedex lore was enough to make me fall in love with Mismagius.

1: Piloswine. For some bizarre reason I've developed an obsession with this species. Despite the lack of eyes and mouth, I just imagine so much emotion and personality and exactly how it'd sound if it were real. The flappy ears, the long fur that probably sways as it walks, and the stubby tusks that cut it just short of looking totally awkward and clumsy all add to this wonderful creature. Mamoswine lacks some of the ambiguity its younger self did but was nevertheless a welcome evolution.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so.

Pokémon would be a completely different and much much more awesome experience if you could see the Pokemon in the world. Whenever you go by a scene that does have actual Pokemon in the world it's soooo cool but then you hit stretches of the Game where you never see Pokemon running around. It's sad.

MikeMyers

He's definitely usable, but you'll probably replace him at some point for something faster and stronger. Noctowl is really durable though, and helps at a few specific gyms.

1st Gym: Flying verse Flying, probably even here.
2nd Gym: Resists U-Turn, nice.
3rd Gym: Dies to Rollout :/
4th Gym: You went over this
5th Gym: Primeape has Rock Slide, but I think he'll be able to fight Poliwrath
6th Gym: Dies to Magneton
7th Gym: Not going to take a STAB Ice Move that well.
8th Gym: Eh, probably a pass.

I'll probably just keep him until I can replace him with Ho-Oh

Aselleus

Neo Member
My Top Ten.

1. Charmander
Charizard is a dragon in my heart <3
2. Blaziken
Super cool sweeper. Not that I'm into wasting time to raise poke'mon the right way, but even without it Blaziken does one hit kills easily.
3. Dratini
it's cute, evolution's cute. Final form is awesome dragon. It was hard to get as a little kid. Making me really appreciate it. Especially the special Dratini with Extremespeed.
4. Espeon
I like psychic type poke'mon, and Espeon sticks out the most to me. Nice design like Lumination said.
5. Scoliopede
Poison horsey centipede.
6. BLISSEY
because she's a PALADIN
7. Eelektross
I love eels
8. Crobat
Poison and fly and roost, awesome combo. Super speedy.
9. wailord
water spout. and wailord is so big. So big.
10. Froslass
Ice and ghost type? it's like an otp

Hate list:
Medicham
Oh would you please stop hi-jump kicking my poke'mon on my way through Victory Road please. I'm cheap, too cheap to buy repel..which also means I'm too cheap to buy potions.

upandaway

Ok so.

Pokémon would be a completely different and much much more awesome experience if you could see the Pokemon in the world. Whenever you go by a scene that does have actual Pokemon in the world it's soooo cool but then you hit stretches of the Game where you never see Pokemon running around. It's sad.
They should do it with the HGSS following-behind sprites.

At first I thought it wouldn't really work because really badass Pokemon will be cute and tiny, but well, then I realized all the stationary legendaries are basically that.

It'll ruin roaming legendaries though, and make it a lot more annoying to grind.

Slermy

Ok so.

The Pokémon Ranger games are great at this.

They should do it with the HGSS following-behind sprites.

At first I thought it wouldn't really work because really badass Pokemon will be cute and tiny, but well, then I realized all the stationary legendaries are basically that.

It'll ruin roaming legendaries though, and make it a lot more annoying to grind.
It would culminate in the ultimate: A mainline Wii U title with an overworld reminiscent of Dragon Quest VIII. :D

::edit:: Wait, DQ IX was the one with on-field enemies, DQ VIII still had random encounters. >_<

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
1st Gym: Flying verse Flying, probably even here.
2nd Gym: Resists U-Turn, nice.
3rd Gym: Dies to Rollout :/
4th Gym: You went over this
5th Gym: Primeape has Rock Slide, but I think he'll be able to fight Poliwrath
6th Gym: Dies to Magneton
7th Gym: Not going to take a STAB Ice Move that well.
8th Gym: Eh, probably a pass.

I'll probably just keep him until I can replace him with Ho-Oh

Indeed. Although if you give Noctowl the Roost TM early on, his surprisingly bulk (especially on the Special side) can outstall a lot of attacks. But I prefer faster, stronger Pokemon on the playthroughs usually. Good for a while though!

I love reading everyone's lists. It's really cool to see the diversity in both preference and taste.

Also, I find it intriguing that Dwebble and Scrafty's positions (#5 and #1) are swapped on the lists of Exterminieren and I.

Coincidence_d96dcf_2349339.gif

Dariee

Top lists? Smoochum is up there, for sure. Ice types are favorite here. I mean, a baby Jynx with a cute pink skin and golden hair? So badass!

Lapras is the same thing: Ice-type AND cute; best of the best!

I think I'll just stick Gigalith and Unfezant on my team. They were the closest to team regulars I had in the game besides the starters and Scrafty. I'd totally have an electric type but I don't like any of the B/W electrics :/

Top ten pokemon. I guess this isn't in any particular order

#1 Charizard

Charizard is classic for me. In my awesome LG run (that my brother's friend destroyed) I got mine up to Level 85. Proudest moment of my Pokemon-life since I got my Yellow Pikachu to 100. Speaking of...

#2 Pikachu/Raichu

Almost any run in Kanto I do (save for Nuzlockes) has to have a Pikachu. I love the little guy, I find him extremely reliable. And of course, my yellow run where i got him to 100 will always be memorable.

#3 Kadabra/Alakazam

Also a staple on most of my in-game teams, whenever it's available, and I have trading capability. Still, nothing like a good Psychic, and it's just beastly in Gen I and excellent in everything else.

#4 Eevee

Not even any of the evos, just Eevee. If I had to pick an evo though, it'd be Vaporeon, another standby in my first LG run. Admittedly, 99% of my excitement for B2/W2 comes from being able to catch it in the wild.

#5 Tyranitar

It's SO COOL. What can be said about Tyranitar. It's Godzilla as a pokemon.

#6 Breloom

Grass/fighting is an interesting type match. It's pretty useful, spearheaded most of my Emerald nuzlocke after I lost Torchic.

#7 Staraptor

God he's so BEASTLY. Practically a second starter for any run-through of D/P/Pt. Definitely the most awesome of the typical Route 1 bird archetype.

#8 Riolu/Lucario

I find the backstory behind this pokemon to be amazing, in the 8th movie and Aura and everything. I'm formulating a B2/W2 team and Riolu and Eevee are already on it. I'm kind of excited just thinking about it.

#9 Scrafty

What a little hood rat. Probably my MVP in Black. Pretty versatile moveset, with a lot of power to back it up.

#10 Dragonair

It's so majestic! And way better than Dragonite! I wish they made Dragonair a final evolution and had Dragonite be a legendary pokemon in and of itself. I want to train one in B/W with Eviolite.

#11 Elekid/Electabuzz

Not electivire, fuck that guy. Nah, Elekid and Electabuzz are good pokemon. Super smug, they know they're hot shit. Hoping it's in B2/W2.

#12 Squirtle family

My first pokemon. enough said.

I'm definitely more partial to the Kanto set, but I love all the generations. They've all got their ups and downs. Couldn't really keep it to 10 either...

LeleSocho

Banned
It was already a tough choice to choose 10 of them so they are in no particular order:
Wartortle
Crustle
Totodile
Lugia
Dragonair
Haunter
Ludicolo
Ursaring
Buizel
Wailord

Gen1: 3
Gen2: 3
Gen3: 2
Gen4: 1
Gen5: 1

If i had to make a team out of these it would be: Totodile, Ursaring, Dragonair, Wailord, Wartortle and Crustle

NEO0MJ

While we're still talking about favs, post a nice piece of artwork featuring them if you can.
All hail the destroyer of Pikachus!

7166735878_a027a5acbd_z.jpg

7)Raikou: Raikou was really the only legendary I really thought looked just awesome, and felt compelled to catch. Considering I did not really like legendaries for being OP, Raikou looked so badass I didn't care. Luckily for me, not only did I catch him in both Gold and HG fairly easily, but he wasnt that OP compared to other legendary Pokemon. Also, the way I caught him in Gold was one of the most memorable things to happen to me in Pokemon.

Like most members of legendary trios, Raikou wasn't really that strong, so no need to feel shame using him.

MikeMyers

Ever notice the Johto Gym Leaders use more Kanto Pokemon than Johto:

Kanto:
01. Pidgey
02. Pidgeotto
03. Metapod
04. Kakuna
05. Scyther
06. Clefairy
07. Gastly
08. Haunter
09. Gengar
10. Primeape
11. Poliwrath
12. Magneton
13. Seel
14. Dewgong
15. Gyarados (remake only)
16. Dragonair

Johto Pokemon used by Gym Leaders:
01. Miltank
02. Steelix
03. Piloswine
04. Kingdra

Ever notice the Johto Gym Leaders use more Kanto Pokemon than Johto:

Kanto:
01. Pidgey
02. Pidgeotto
03. Metapod
04. Kakuna
05. Scyther
06. Clefairy
07. Gastly
08. Haunter
09. Gengar
10. Primeape
11. Poliwrath
12. Magneton
13. Seel
14. Dewgong
15. Gyarados (remake only)
16. Dragonair

Johto Pokemon used by Gym Leaders:
01. Miltank
02. Steelix
03. Piloswine
04. Kingdra

Pokemon distribution and levelling was all manners of fucked up in the second gen. Loads of second gen hidden until you get to Kanto, with some hidden in Mt. Silver. Gym Leaders almost exclusively using first gen Pokemon. The early game dungeon devoted to Bellsprout of all things.

I do enjoy GS, but it's stuff like this that make them easily the least satisfying of the gens.

NEO0MJ

Nice piece. Scraffty is such a badass, especially when compared to Conkeldurr, which was such a disappointing final evo to the pretty cool Timburr.
But still, fav fighting for me is Hitmonchan. Aside from what I mention in my top ten, I loved how it comes off as an underdog, at least in my head. Aside from being one of the weaker fighters, it's always outshined by its rival, Hitmonlee.

7166720272_2ce74f23ab_b.jpg

GooeyHeat

ooh boy favorite time (not in order because whatever)

Scrafty: My point has already been made.
Blastoise: How else was I gonna beat my older brother's Charizard?
Electrode: Trolliest Pokemon ever. Rush in, paralyze, blow up.
Charizard: Even as my eternal rival, he's still pretty badass.
Hydreigon: Because Dragonite looks like Barney.
Beedrill: His game plan is basically IMPALE. (now if only he didn't suck)
Gliscor: My best in HeartGold, I just loved this crazy thing.
Braviary: Why I bought White over Black. I did it for AMERICA.
Haunter: When I replayed Blue years after the old days, I never could trade, so I couldn't get a Gengar. I've come to like Haunter's design better, though.
Bouffalant: It has an afro. I have an afro. Match made in heaven.

Kokonoe

Banned
I suppose this is an accurate list.

10. Jigglypuff
Originally my favorite Pokemon, I always liked the song and design of it. Smash Bros always makes it look different, though.

9. Snorlax
It consumes food and sleeps, and while it's appearance is just priceless. It's too bad there wasn't a gigantic Snorlax plushie, like in the original Gold and Silver.

8. Groudon
Wow, this Pokemon looks cool. And the fact that it's Ground with instant Solar Beam is awesome. I'm not really into the color Blue, but this Pokemon shiny should have been Blue and Kyogre's Red.

7. Milotic
The first glance I had with this Pokemon I knew it was going to be one my favorites. The fins resemble hair which add to the beauty of it's appearance, while the end of it's tail is a work of art. My party always feels empty without this one.

6. Shadow Lugia
Shadow Pokemon yes, but that doesn't stop it from being in my list. Lugia is an awesome Pokemon, but this recolor with modifications just amplified it's appeal for me 100 fold. The purple on it is excellent.

5. Venusaur
The first Pokemon I took to fight Gary(Blue). Grass type Pokemon are my favorite, and the Bulbasaur line is what I consider to be the greatest Grass Pokemon ever.

4. Charizard
The original Pokemon that practically everyone liked, even if they didn't consider Pokemon "Cool". I remember back when Pokemon came out, I would always hear from those who didn't play, "I don't like Pokemon, but Charizard is cool.".

Indeed it is.

3. Bulbasaur
Red eyes, appears to be some kind of reptile/dinosaur, and has this charming bulb on it's back. What's not to like? If I were stuck with a starter Pokemon for all eternity, Bulbasaur would be my pick.

1/2. I cannot decide between Mewtwo and Rayquaza.

Rayquaza
It was only until I saw Rayquaza the first time that I realized I liked other Pokemon more than Jigglypuff. Green happens to be my favorite color, and the design on this has these really awesome markings that Groudon and Kyogre have, which appeal to me greatly. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but whatever is, it certainly has what makes it in my top 2.

Mewtwo
I've always like Mewtwo's humanoid like design with the white/purple clashing. It's personality from the movies is great, especially from the second one. (Which is also my favorite Pokemon Movie) What I also like about this Pokemon is all the moves I could use with it, and there hasn't been a single Pokemon game where I haven't had it in my party.(Unless I have to swap out for non-ubers)

Surprisingly enough, I always use a "Elemental Mewtwo" which I don't think is popular, although I don't tend to see other players with Mewtwo often so I don't really know. What I do know is when I got to the end of Pokemon Stadium for the first time, seeing Mewtwo use all those elemental moves was quite shocking. It was as if they took my Mewtwo and put it in the game, although the difference is that Mewtwo uses moves like Blizzard and Thunder, while mine uses the more accurate ones.

I also thought it was kind of cool that Mewtwo does hadouken/kamehameha when using these moves in the Stadium games. I still remember my first encounter with this Pokemon, which happened before the movie came out. I was exploring the Unknown Dungeon and when I ran into, I think I heard slight rumors of the Pokemon before, but was still surprised by it. Needless to say, I caught it. It's been a favorite since.

MikeMyers

Pokemon distribution and levelling was all manners of fucked up in the second gen. Loads of second gen hidden until you get to Kanto, with some hidden in Mt. Silver. Gym Leaders almost exclusively using first gen Pokemon. The early game dungeon devoted to Bellsprout of all things.

I do enjoy GS, but it's stuff like this that make them easily the least satisfying of the gens.

Even the Kanto Gym Leaders use more Johto Pokemon than the Johto Gym Leaders do:

01. Quagsire (Misty)
02. Jumpluff (Erika)
03. Bellosem (Erika)
04. Crobat (Janine)
05. Ariados (Janine)
06. Espeon (Sabrina)
07. Magcargo (Blaine)

Oooh lists, I like lists (I need to go back to keeping up with this thread)

1. Gengar-I don't why I'm drawn to him but I remember my friend had an Alakazam on his team and believing (at the time) that a Ghost would stop it dead in its tracks, I caught a Gasly. Of course we all knew how badly Psychic tore up those ghosts but it was the thought that counts. I guess I grew to like his looks as well, that chesire grin still looks great.

Honestly after this it gets a bit messy...I can't say who is ahead of who and all so I'll just list the other 9 that I really love.

Blastoise-He was a turtle with large powerful cannons built into his shell.

Farfetch'd-I always like his design and thought it was cool that a Pokemon would use something as a sort of weapon. It's a drag that he's usually hard to find though.

Ludicolo-He's a dancing pineapple duck, what's not to love? Also love his typing, I usually don't care for grass so my team seemed to hurt from that but he filled in just nicely. Shame getting a water stone in Emerald was such a pain.

Vileplume-Always thought he looked cool and it sucked because I seemed to always get the version that never had him and had me stuck with the Bellsprout line (Sorry to those that like those Pokemon)

Mareep-Just so cute. Whenever I play G/S/C, I always tell myself I'm not going to catch one and raise it...then I get some Pokeballs and happen to run into one. It's just hard to say no.

Gible-Just thought he also looked kinda cute. Didn't hurt that he grew up into a killer but if I could keep it as a Gible, I would.

Dratini-Still not sure how he evolves into Dragonite but I always thought he was a cute little Pokemon.

Ambipom-That smile is sinister but again he's a Pokemon I loved solely based on looks. That and with his ability, Double Hit really packed a punch. He was my swiss army knife.

Monferno-Okay I lied, in all honesty he would be a second behind Gengar. Chimchar was cute but just a little too cute and Infernape was a bit too ridiculous looking but Monferno seemed to be designed just right. Also loved how he could beat most of the gym leaders and the Elite Four by himself. Shame about that Garchomp though...

Magnus

Taking the following factors out of play - aesthetic and delayed learned moves - is there any reason not to evolve Pokemon as soon as you're able? That is, are evolutions always more powerful? I know there's supposed to be a hilarious fuckup that causes Chansey to be > Blissey, but otherwise?

Like, this Kadabra. I should Alakazam this shizzle ASAP, si?

Top Bottom