• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

This one has probably been done to death in months past, but I haven't seen it since I started posting here.

That being said, top 10 favourite Pokémon, GO!

10. Bisharp (Cool-looking with a great movepool and stats. I also dig the type combination, even if it has a crippling weakness.)

9. Crobat (I've loved this fella ever since Silver. His stats are good and all, but it's the unique design that earns him the #9 spot.)

8. Blaziken (Probably my favourite starter evo to date. Also notable for being the second Pokémon I ever trained up to Level 100.)

7. Hydreigon (I've already explained why I like this dude, so I'll move on)

6. Togekiss (I'll be honest; I wasn't too much of a fan of Togekiss during the advent of Gen IV, but I've grown to like the little troll for his plane-like design and most infuriating moveset this side of Jirachi.)

5. Dwebble (Aside from being adorable, the rockrab had some great moves and a unique type combo. Did I mention he's adorable?)

4. Gallade (I could give Gallade this spot based soly on his appearance and cry, but then I'd be ignoring his amazing potential as both a sweeper and a special tank.)

3. Espeon (Both my first shiny and the first Pokémon I trained up to Level 100. If only my Silver cartridge hadn't been corrupted... :'<)

2. Munchlax (A BEAST in Little Cup when given an Eviolite, and with some great moves to boot. Plus, he may be the most adorable Pokémon of all time.)

1. Scrafty (Blah blah blah great design blah blah blah great movepool blah OU tier blah blah tons of personality blah blah blah best Pokémon ever blah. I've already praised this messaih enough; but it's worth mentioning that he's delivered the winning blow in two seperate tournaments.)

Blaziken & Togekiss? Other than that I like the list. Gen V had some fantastic designs.

It's not so much the designs (although they have both grown on me) as it is these Pokémon as a whole that I adore. I've won my fair share of matchs using my trusty Trollgekiss, and I have fond memories of tearing through the Elite Four in Sapphire with my Blaziken.

MikeMyers

35899_3177328071828_1224417051_46836537_1292824483_n.jpg

Damn that Magikarp, even Ash's Pikachu couldn't beat him

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
*sneaks into Gamefreak HQ and puts Quiver Dance into Rhyperior's move pool and runs away*

O_O

I tried searching an image of Pikachu using Thundershock on a Rhydon in response to Gravijah's post, and I... saw things that no man should see.

Note to self: if you Google ANYTHING without safe search on, you're gonna have a bad time.

So guys, I'm having trouble rounding out my Black team. I've got Serperior, Emboar, Samurott (o hai ash ketchum), and Scrafty, but the last two slots are pretty open. Any suggestions? Unova pokemon preferably.

So guys, I'm having trouble rounding out my Black team. I've got Serperior, Emboar, Samurott (o hai ash ketchum), and Scrafty, but the last two slots haven't been locked down exactly throughout my run. Any suggestions?

Archeops and Beheeyem. I used both in my playthrough of White ajd they're both wonderful.

Wichu

Yeah, just don't let archeops fall below half HP (good luck with that)

I don't think it's possible for it to fall below half when it 1HKOs everything with Flying Gem Acrobatics :p
too bad Flying Gem isn't worth using in-game

EDIT:

N's castle
bridge is the best song (massive spoilers in song name for anyone who still hasn't finished the game). Too bad you only ever hear it once and for such a short time.

i'm one of the few who got sick of the last pokemon gym leader theme, as it meant the amazing gym leader theme was interrupted.

None of the gym leaders had enough Pokemon to make it feel like it was worth it. they should have used it for the champion battle or something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah, just don't let archeops fall below half HP (good luck with that)

On a single player run through (and even in Battle Subway in many cases) it doesn't matter too much. You just restore his health with potions with need be, but chances are you're OHKOing everything in your path anyway.

Those poor people that picked Tirtouga for their playthrough..

True that. Archeops is a literal beast in the main storyline. Mine only fell below half once, and it was because I forgot that they gave both Stone Edge and Sturdy to Sawk.

J@hranimo

Banned
On a single player run through (and even in Battle Subway in many cases) it doesn't matter too much. You just restore his health with potions with need be, but chances are you're OHKOing everything in your path anyway.

Those poor people that picked Tirtouga for their playthrough..

Hey my Carrocosta was a beast in the main game. Probably my MVP as far as tanking attacks.

Archeops is like the first flying type i've ever truly loved using, as far as the main game goes it's a monster that destroys all in its path.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey my Carrocosta was a beast in the main game. Probably my MVP as far as tanking attacks.

Anything slow is out for my playthroughs. I need things fast that can OHKO other Pokemon. Otherwise I'm just collecting more hours taking hits in every battle with my slow ass Pokemon.

J@hranimo

Banned
Anything slow is out for my playthroughs. I need things fast that can OHKO other Pokemon. Otherwise I'm just collecting more hours taking hits in every battle with my slow ass Pokemon.

Yeah that was what my Excadrill and Zebstrika were for. I guess the only reason why I chose Tirtuoga was because I needed a water type and hadn't chosen Oshawott as my starter. I grew to like it when it evolved. I may got all out offensively when B2/W2 come out though.

*Checks username and avatar*

I want to love using Noctowl but it usually sticks out as the weak link in any team I put it in, at least it isn't as bad as my Heatmor in my Black team, ah the curse of liking the weaker pokemon.
Now as for the Owl itself, yeah it's great, still in my top 10 mon.

I'm now reminded of Cactowl, curse it for being fake!

Top Bottom