• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good bottled water brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkerkory

In terms of being healthy and not too expensive (like Fiji or Evian)?

What to look for?

I heard Aquafina is junk? Looking at all the reviews for ph and acidity is just confusing.

Whales

Banned
I use to love Naya, had the clean crisp taste of Evian without the hefty price.

you guys can manage to differenciate the taste of 2 different brands of water?

that shit tastes the same for me lol

also OP isn't tap water actually healthier for you? it has some nutrients that aren't in bottled water...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Da' Fuck, it's Water...

Any brand will do...

A scholar by the name of Lewis Black once told a crowd and has been recorded for viewing pleasure "There's water who has 0% Fat in its nutritional value, so somewhere out there is water with fat, that shit must taste delicious!"

marrec

Banned
you can't be serious right? not all water is the same and good / bad for you

You think drinking too much "bad" bottled water is going to negatively affect your body's PH balance?

Your body maintains homeostasis regardless of how much Aquafina you drink man.

you guys can manage to differenciate the taste of 2 different brands of water?

that shit tastes the same for me lol

I can. Aquafina, Perrier, Evian, arrowhead, tap water, smart water all tastes different. But all I drink is water and milk.

I do love the taste of water outta a hose on a hot ass day. Brings back the days of my childhood lol

Edit yea i don't get the ph balance either

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Da' Fuck, it's Water...

Any brand will do...

A scholar by the name of Lewis Black once told a crowd and has been recorded for viewing pleasure "There's water who has 0% Fat in its nutritional value, so somewhere out there is water with fat, that shit must taste delicious!"

It's called milk. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
you can't be serious right? not all water is the same and good / bad for you

The bottled water industry is a crock of shit. You'll save a lot of money just by drinking tap water. The industry spends a lot of money trying to convince you you're getting better quality water but you aren't.

Unless you live in Flint, I guess.

Brinbe

KuGsj.gif

marrec

Banned
Sorry, I was too mean originally.

The truth is that unless you're drinking far more than enough water to float your brain (thus, killing you anyway) your body will easily maintain PH and Acidity homeostasis without you having to micromanage it.

Don't worry about it and just drink what you think tastes best.

Lum1n3s

Fiji definitely has a different taste to it, and surprisingly it manages to stay cold longer from my experience.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fiji definitely has a different taste to it, and surprisingly it manages to stay cold longer from my experience.

If one brand of water stayed colder for longer than another brand of water, I'd start to wonder what the hell was in my water.

One of the greatest achievements in human history, one of the greatest contributions to the improvement of public health, has been the widespread availability of clean potable water at any time, for practically nothing. It's taken just a couple decades for some people to be ready to throw that shit out because of fluorides or marketing or some such shit.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
tapwater.jpg

+

503897x.jpg

Cheapest and best way to go.

unlike bottled water (to me), the taste of tap water varies like crazy

It's that delicious antifreeze.

Adds a piquant hint of berries.

If one brand of water stayed colder for longer than another brand of water, I'd start to wonder what the hell was in my water.

to be fair, those fiji bottles are pretty thick plastic. i wouldn't be surprised if it actually does stay cold slightly longer.

idlewild_

One of the greatest achievements in human history, one of the greatest contributions to the improvement of public health, has been the widespread availability of clean potable water at any time, for practically nothing. It's taken just a couple decades for some people to be ready to throw that shit out because of fluorides or marketing or some such shit.

Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

I only drink 0 calorie, gluten free water. It's from the tap. Has a filter on it and put into a bottle which also has a filter in it.

Kadin

I used to drink the shit out of Nestle bottled water until I learned that they bottled up the water in my fucking town. Been drinking from the tap ever since with no regrets. I do miss the convenience for taking bottles with me but I don't miss the recycling and fees associated to it.

DarkestHour

Banned
Buy the cheap stuff at your local super market if you must use bottled water. Water is water unless someone put poop in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom