• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odaiba is getting a 1/1 Unicorn Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danneee

Good thing I already took a picture with the old one.

Now I have a reason to go back and take another next spring. And go to the Sega place and that awesome aquarium.

I haven't seen Seed, but Unicorn is a trash tier show. Seed would have to be some next level garbage to be worse than that.

Seed is garbage. Whatever issues you have with Unicorn are probably present in Seed but 10x worse. The only redeeming features of it are a few ok mechs and a pretty good OST.

As much as the Unicorn isn't my favorite design, I'm glad we're getting it and not something from Seed (or Seed Destiny) despite Japan's weird love for it.

muteki

If it transforms that greatly improves my opinion of it. I am not a fan of the unicorn but from a technical perspective that is really cool.

Still think they should have replaced it with a Zaku.

New one looks... shorter?

Should be taller than OG gundam in unicorn mode and even taller when in destroy mode.

Osukaa

I'll miss you old friend... But yeah looking forward to the new model lol need to get a picture with him when it goes up :)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
DHi6lQoUQAAWURK.jpg

DHi6lROVYAAhvu3.jpg

cntr

Banned
That's because it isn't a show, it was originally 7 movies haphazardly edited into an abomination of a show with no sense of pacing.
The originals make it a lot easier to ignore the story (and I genuinely forget most of it watching the first time), but Unicorn's plot is incredibly dumb and pretentious once you're forced to pay attention to it.

Good fights, animation, music, and everything else but the plot, at least.

The originals make it a lot easier to ignore the story (and I genuinely forget most of it watching the first time), but Unicorn's plot is incredibly dumb and pretentious once you're forced to pay attention to it.

Good fights, animation, music, and everything else but the plot, at least.

I feel like I'm pretty lucky if i enjoy any single aspect of modern gundam, so while yeah the plot sucks shit through a bendy straw, everything else was firing on all cylinders so I was able to turn a blind eye to the bad stuff. The animation is the true star of the show if you ask me.

If it wasn't for Gundam Thunderbolt I probably would have thought I grew out of gundam completely, now that version of Gundam is slick as fuck on all fronts.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, there isn't much Gundam I enjoy after SEED. Kira Yamato ruined everything.

Not to say that Gundam was all that good before that, but it sure was a lot less pretentious about it. But G Gundam, War in the Pocket, and Build Fighters are still the only Gundam shows that I'd call 'great'.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I enjoyed 00, the first season is among the best of Gundam, but season 2 really dropped the ball.

Still, I would love to see a 1:1 Exia, probably one of the best designs in the franchise

What's up with the obsession with Unicorn these days.

I'm not up to speed with my gundam, but why is it called unicorn when it has 2 horns?

Between Zeta and CCA Amuro was given the codename The White Unicorn. Amuro's personal logo, as seen on the Nu Gundam, was also a Unicorn.

I don't know if any of that is actually connected to the Unicorn Gundam, but it's interesting.

Between Zeta and CCA Amuro was given the codename The White Unicorn. Amuro's personal logo, as seen on the Nu Gundam, was also a Unicorn.

I don't know if any of that is actually connected to the Unicorn Gundam, but it's interesting.

It was originally designed for Amuro before he disappeared if I'm remembering correctly.

Anyone seen an ETA on this being finished? I will be going to Tokyo in the middle of September and the only thing they have said is "fall" which I guess does technically start in September for most Japanese minds.

Anyone seen an ETA on this being finished? I will be going to Tokyo in the middle of September and the only thing they have said is "fall" which I guess does technically start in September for most Japanese minds.

I remember reading September, but i can't find the source. It looks like it's nearing completion though so even if it isn't up 100% finished in time, it's probably worth a trip to check it out anyway(along with the newly opened Gundam Base Tokyo... RIP my wallet).

I remember reading September, but i can't find the source. It looks like it's nearing completion though so even if it isn't up 100% finished in time, it's probably worth a trip to check it out anyway(along with the newly opened Gundam Base Tokyo... RIP my wallet).

Checking a suit case purely for this lol...

Heading back to Tokyo next April. Glad I saw the OG 1:1 statue on Odaiba in 2014. I originally thought the Unicorn would be permanently stuck in Destroy mode, but if this transforms... damn.

I guess only the head transforms while the rest of the body is already 'opened up'? Gonna look amazing with the red lights though.

Fingers are in a weird pose. I wonder if they move?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have to head over to Tokyo to see it. I am guessing it'll transform into Destroy mode at night time?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have to head over to Tokyo to see it. I am guessing it'll transform into Destroy mode at night time?
I guess, according to the site I linked:
夜間の演出で「ユニコーンモード」から「デストロイモード」への変身(変形)を可能な限り再現。
No times specified though. I hope there's a schedule somewhere later, because I definitely want to check out the transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom