• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odaiba is getting a 1/1 Unicorn Gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unicorn? So disappointed, when I heard RX-78-2 was being removed I was hoping it was because that real gundam project was making some good steam and would replace it.

Also I would want that thing to be done by the Olympics so it can carry the torch.

In terms of UC lead shits

Nu > > Zeta > > Full Armor Unicorn > > > > > Rx-78-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZZ

The ZZ is pretty ugly. Nu and Zeta are sexy af.

eizarus

Banned
Add me to the list who thought Obama was getting a Gundam.

This is great, but it's a shame it's replacing the RX-78 grandady

In terms of UC lead shits

Nu > > Zeta > > Full Armor Unicorn > > > > > Rx-78-2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZZ

The ZZ is pretty ugly. Nu and Zeta are sexy af.

tenor.gif

Is it the same size as the RX-78?

The first thing I saw when I saw the the life size gundam was 'wow I guess gundams are pretty small'.

I prefer the unicorn design but I think the RX-78 will look better in person, either way glad I saw that one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I love the Unicorn but it's nowhere near as picturesque as the RX-78
or the Delta Plus

EIDT:
Or the Sinanju especially

The Nu is easily the best Gundam design in the entire franchise. It's just a great looking mech. The Zeta is also very nice.

The Unicorn is alright, but the color is too plain. I guess with NTD it's alright though.

Also, shout out the the Mk 2. That's a pretty good looking MS. Definite improvement over the RX-78-2 aesthetic.

Aki-at

For a second my mind left out the Gundam bit and just read Unicron and I was thinking "How is that possible?!"

Pretty cool though!

NeonZ

It amazes me that a full scale Eva wasn't built yet.

Evas didn't have consistent scale in the original series, and the one used by Rebuild would make it much larger than a Gundam if they wanted to make it "full scale". Also, it's not tied to a big company like Bandai that could build something like that.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Put up a Scopedog! It'd be cooler and also be cheaper, since the thing is already pretty small to begin with.

Ken

The first thing I saw when I saw the the life size gundam was 'wow I guess gundams are pretty small'.

I prefer the unicorn design but I think the RX-78 will look better in person, either way glad I saw that one.

Overall Height
18.5 m

Overall Height
19.7 m (Unicorn Mode)
21.7 m (Destroy Mode)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If you're asking for misc. units you know they won't build,
Kshatriya pls.

Sound hard to please. I've taken a couple of people who don't give a butt about Gundam to go see it, and they act bored until they see the giant robot over the horizon then get excited. It's big enough!

Toki767

It's not as iconic looking as the original.

Not even that cool looking compared to something like Freedom Gundam.

Glad I got to see the original one in January though. It was awesome.

lupinko

Evas didn't have consistent scale in the original series, and the one used by Rebuild would make it much larger than a Gundam if they wanted to make it "full scale". Also, it's not tied to a big company like Bandai that could build something like that.

Evas were 40m in the original series, they had proper scale (thanks SRW).

But rebuild threw that out the window.

And speaking off SRW, they only ever use Khara era Eva nowadays.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Japan has some weird fucked up affection for shitty garbage seed.

I don't get it.

It's probably the female fans. They fucking love that shit love story in Seed and Destiny.

wait, so what did they do with the 1/1 RX-78 then? I'm really glad I got to see it up close and took bunch of pictures when I visited Japan last time.

Faynwulf

As far as I know Bandai at least has the Merch rights to Evangelion. But you're right that is still not the same as owning the whole series. But seeing a 40-80 meter tall Eva-01 would be mindblowing.

Sound hard to please. I've taken a couple of people who don't give a butt about Gundam to go see it, and they act bored until they see the giant robot over the horizon then get excited. It's big enough!

Not hard to please, still thought it was pretty cool.

I just thought gundams where bigger.

Like at least Eva or Zord sizes.

But naw they're fucking tiny yo.

Posted this in the wrong thread :p

Pardon the heavy breathing in the video. This is the video I took in Odaiba 2014 vacation about Christmas time. Light show and all, One of my geek goals was fulfilled that day.

https://youtu.be/x4aXuF7bJXc

Yeah I got one with chibi char and chibi some indian girl and a merry christmas at the end. Buy it was in october/november :s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom